2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NFL Football Thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84561)

gbranton 12-29-2008 03:48 PM

Re: NFL Football Thread

I have to hand it to you, from 11/03/08:

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrISM (Post 1067803)
When the Cowboys are sitting at home watching the playoffs like the rest of us, I wonder what kind of excuses the fans will be coming up with.

They're done. They'll be lucky if they make the wild card. I love how the two teams (Patriots and Cowboys) that everyone was saying are the best teams at the beginning of the season are just plain horribad.

You were half right, the Pats were pretty good but you NAILED the Cowboys.

acreature 12-29-2008 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrISM (Post 1089861)
44-6 L-O-L

"America's Team" didn't even make it a contest. I think I was laughing throughout the entire game. Can somebody please tell me why Dallas is even called America's Team? Why? Because they did well many years ago and everyone jumped on the bandwagon and became Cowboy fans? LOL...Please.

They've held that nickname since the 70s. A bit before your time, I would imagine.... and a good bit prior to the 90s run of rings.

Having been a fan since Staubach, Dorsett and don't forget Danny White, I can say this.... I will be one regardless of the record. Just like when Yates sold out his car #28 and I stopped having a favorite car/driver, I will probably not have a favorite team if the Cowboys mgmt were to sell out and move to another area (or disappear all together.)

But, with the new stadium and the sheer sell power of "America's Team" (regardless of the record), that will not happen in mine, nor your lifetime.

That's some killer dro :butt:

JMagMach 12-30-2008 12:52 AM

all i have to say is, better watch out for my SD SUPER CHARGERS!!! feel sorry for who has to come in our way, cause we figured out what the problem was..... sorry indy, then steelers... mow right through ya :butt: to the big game!

ntexasmach 12-30-2008 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMagMach (Post 1090149)
all i have to say is, better watch out for my SD SUPER CHARGERS!!! feel sorry for who has to come in our way, cause we figured out what the problem was..... sorry indy, then steelers... mow right through ya :butt: to the big game!

hahaha good one lol your D is average at best and that offence wouldnt be able to do **it against the steelers D. indy maybe if manning is having an off day but i dont see that happening. the AFC will go like this indy and miami will win then steelers and indy and steelers beat indy in pittsburgh.. at least thats what i want to happen i think the ravens will beat the dolphins and we will have to play them again and i dont like that but i think we can still take em. your 8-8 chargers dont have a chance at beating indy sorry they are too good on offense right now

02mach1 12-30-2008 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntexasmach (Post 1090154)
hahaha good one lol your D is average at best and that offence wouldnt be able to do **it against the steelers D. indy maybe if manning is having an off day but i dont see that happening. the AFC will go like this indy and miami will win then steelers and indy and steelers beat indy in pittsburgh.. at least thats what i want to happen i think the ravens will beat the dolphins and we will have to play them again and i dont like that but i think we can still take em. your 8-8 chargers dont have a chance at beating indy sorry they are too good on offense right now

very good point:smokin:

toad 12-30-2008 03:59 AM

[QUOTE=
Can somebody please tell me why Dallas is even called America's Team? [/QUOTE]

I think it is because they have more fans than any other franchise,

Thunderbolt 12-30-2008 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMagMach (Post 1090149)
cause we figured out what the problem was!

You suck? Yeah, we already knew that.

65fastback2+2 12-30-2008 09:57 AM

Quote:

Can somebody please tell me why Dallas is even called America's Team?

because they are the most loved football team in the world....their fan base spreads all 50 states and across all 7 continents.

gbranton 12-30-2008 10:14 AM

Quote:

Can somebody please tell me why Dallas is even called America's Team? Why?

Because they are the most over-hyped team in the history of professional sports and the american public, comprised mostly of people who behave like cattle, believe the hype. I was going to put the New York Yankees up there with them, but it hasn't been 13 years between winning a single playoff game for the Yankees and it will be before Dallas gets a shot at one.

13 years.

All arguments about how great they are begin and end here. Greatness = post season success and it will be 13 years. End of story. Win one playoff game, just one and then get back to us.

13 years.

acreature 12-30-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1090218)
Because they are the most over-hyped team in the history of professional sports and the american public, comprised mostly of people who behave like cattle, believe the hype. I was going to put the New York Yankees up there with them, but it hasn't been 13 years between winning a single playoff game for the Yankees and it will be before Dallas gets a shot at one.

Last I checked, them Boys hold more of everything vs your Bears since the merger... Hell since the last expansion too.... including the 12yrs+ of nothingness that is the current Cowboys Team :)

For shits and giggles, its funny to see 75% of your posts are to bash one team.... got Cowboy Pecker envy? :23:

FordMan 12-30-2008 11:40 AM

This is almost as much fun as politics :D

iran

acreature 12-30-2008 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FordMan (Post 1090234)
This is almost as much fun as politics :D

iran

Nobody's out of hand ;)

gbranton 12-30-2008 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aneurism (Post 1090232)
Last I checked, them Boys hold more of everything vs your Bears since the merger... Hell since the last expansion too.... including the 12yrs+ of nothingness that is the current Cowboys Team :)

For shits and giggles, its funny to see 75% of your posts are to bash one team.... got Cowboy Pecker envy? :23:

When was the last time the Bears were in the Super Bowl? (Hint: It was a heck of a lot less than 12 years ago.) So that's one less NFC Championship in that time.

FordMan 12-30-2008 01:25 PM

The '08 Cowboys were an embarrassment to the entire State of Texas. That being said there are at least a half-dozen other teams that come to mind in the same category.

JDraper 12-30-2008 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1067627)
i expect the cowboys to win out the season after the bye next week...no reason it should be a problem. defense is definitely stepping it up these last two games...shoot, we actually caught interceptions...pass rush is getting better

cowboys are fixina be smokin......

I think you meant "Cowboys are fixin' to be smoked...:smokin:

Yep..they won out....right out of the playoffs...:23:

:claus:

gbranton 12-30-2008 01:39 PM

As for the bashing, I think (hope) it's all in good fun and that grownups can talk about something like football without it causing anyone any serious heartburn. It's true that I don't care for the Cowboys, I've explained why and most of my bashing is directed at one person here (you know who you are) who seems to take it pretty well. Having said that, I think it's ok to be a Cowboys fan, just be realistic about your team instead of a myopic "We're gonna win every Superbowl every played and we are the best team ever!!!!" attitude and I will have respect for you and your views.

As I have said here many times, the Bears seem to only win about four games every other year and I am ok with that and definately not jealous of any other sports team out there. When my teams loses, they do so with class. The have a great history and rich tradition that few other sports franchises can match. If all I cared about was pulling for a winner, I could pull out my bank card and gear up any time I want and leave my concience at the cash register.

04VAMach1 12-30-2008 01:50 PM

As a Skins fan, it is my duty to bash the Boys at every opportunity. :23:

gbranton 12-30-2008 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 1090274)

Maybe that's different. :23: Just don't compare Jason Campbell to Brett Favre or John Elway and I will consider you to be part of the real world.

JDraper 12-30-2008 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 1090274)

Same here, but as an Eagles fan...

And it's fun to be able to gloat about it for once. We spent plenty of years as a doormat....

np_mach1 12-30-2008 02:38 PM

I'm still pissed about the 96 s-bowl and O'Donnell (the mother ****er, terrorist harboring, dallas loving, take cash under the table loser) :23:

np_mach1 12-30-2008 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1090271)
As for the bashing, I think (hope) it's all in good fun and that grownups can talk about something like football without it causing anyone any serious heartburn. .

I would agree

02mach1 12-30-2008 02:43 PM

Steelers is more is of America Team everywhere Steelers play there's more Steelers fans at games away games then Cowboy fans at the games they play at.

gbranton 12-30-2008 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1090284)
I'm still pissed about the 96 s-bowl and O'Donnell (the mother ****er, terrorist harboring, dallas loving, take cash under the table loser) :23:

So you don't have his jersey in your collection?

acreature 12-30-2008 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1090271)
When my teams loses, they do so with class.

Let's not forget the embarrassing winning that they did in 85

They were a superb team all around.... until they went on TV with corny ads and dances :D

fiveliter 12-30-2008 03:42 PM

Where are they holding the Cowboy's victory parade this year? :23: