2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NFL Football Thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84561)

02mach1 12-28-2008 07:39 PM

Re: NFL Football Thread

Big Ben is ok he will play in two weeks.

65fastback2+2 12-28-2008 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1089642)
I think the key is to be realistic about your team. I try to be real about what they have, what they can do with it and how they compare to other teams. I will be the first to tell you that every other year my team goes 4-12, but they have had a few good years over the last few. I went into the year merely hoping for a playoff berth and it came down to the last Sunday of the regular season. They did not fall apart and get humiliated by a mediocre team in the last game of the season like the Cowboys did. In realistic terms what else could I have asked for? It was a good season.

thats the problem with being a cowboys fan...look at us...we have all the puzzle pieces to being a dynasty for the next 4-5 years

the problem is JJ doesnt know how to put the pieces together

gbranton 12-28-2008 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1089675)
look at us...we have all the puzzle pieces to being a dynasty for the next 4-5 years

No, Dallas has pieces that don't fit together. They have some good pieces and they have some pieces that have NEVER fit in ANYWHERE but Jerry Jones' ego tells him HE can make them fit because he is a football genius. But in reality he is the same genius who thought that facelift made him look like something other than a suprised circus clown.

JDraper 12-28-2008 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior4Christ (Post 1042973)
We all know that the most talented team in the NFL, the Dallas Cowboys, will win it all. As a Dallas native I can tell you that the fans around here dont play around when it comes to football. The Cowboys are known as "America's Team" for a reason. How bout them Cowboys!!

How bout them Cowboys!!!:23:

E-A-G-L-E-S!!!:worship:

65fastback2+2 12-28-2008 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1089682)
No, Dallas has pieces that don't fit together. They have some good pieces and they have some pieces that have NEVER fit in ANYWHERE but Jerry Jones' ego tells him HE can make them fit because he is a football genius. But in reality he is the same genius who thought that facelift made him look like something other than a suprised circus clown.

they could fit if everyone realized they could play well but werent God's gift to man. that what i like about romo and witten...they are really good players, dont whine, dont have ego's

TO is bad enough, then Roy whining this past week.

shoot...they've made adam jones look like a saint in the past 3 weeks

02mach1 12-28-2008 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDraper (Post 1089684)

How bout them Cowboys!!!:23:

E-A-G-L-E-S!!!:worship:

I love it,

cryboys:eyes: are out

acreature 12-28-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1089675)
thats the problem with being a cowboys fan...look at us...we have all the puzzle pieces to being a dynasty for the next 4-5 years

JJ is being so much like Al Davis, it's scary.

He needs the likes of Jimmy Johnson back to run it all and let JJ make and spend the money, that's it.

65fastback2+2 12-28-2008 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aneurism (Post 1089699)
JJ is being so much like Al Davis, it's scary.

He needs the likes of Jimmy Johnson back to run it all and let JJ make and spend the money, that's it.

spend the money and collect rings....thats all he should do, but he wont cuz hes got a bigger head than TO and Roy combined

Linumup 12-28-2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 1089687)
I love it,

cryboys:eyes: are out

Good luck against Indy !!!!!!!!!!!! They are HOT !

A team that totally dominated you guys . I sure am glad we play in Miami and then at Tenn..

toad 12-28-2008 10:28 PM

A disappointing year for us cowboys fans.

I wonder where we go from here. At the start of the year I thought we had all the pieces. Something is wrong in big D but I can't say what it is. I am tempted to lay the blame on the coaching staff for not getting these players playing to their potential.

I agree that JJ should take a step back. I think that he was responsible for bringing in TO and that was hard for the Tuna to swallow and lead to his departure. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that Parcells is always right. Although it is hard not to be impressed with what he has done with the fish.

I also believe that bringing in Roy Williams was a mistake. The offense was better with Crayton starting. I don't think Tony has the trust he needs for Williams and he pushed the ball to him unsure of where Williams was going to be and what he was doing out there. JJ's fault all the way. I am pretty sure we are in a bind now cap-wise.

I'll be a cowboys fan till I die so hope this gets worked out.

fiveliter 12-28-2008 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 1089562)
Giants suck!:smokin: :smokin:

Yes, they suck so bad that they're the #1 seed in the NFC. :smokin:

Don't worry Dallas/Rhomo fans - there's always next year. You can still watch football on TV, just not your team.:23:

cobrakidz 12-28-2008 11:47 PM

Well, in the end my Bears let me down again, oh well, there is always next year.

02mach1 12-29-2008 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linumup (Post 1089706)

A team that totally dominated you guys . I sure am glad we play in Miami and then at Tenn..

We will beat the colts or bolts in pitts. you guys watch my neighbor's sonlaw he's beat you guys next week:claus:

04VAMach1 12-29-2008 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aneurism (Post 1089637)
If you can't watch and root for your team in bad times (as well as good), you are not a fan. :12:

I patiently waited 15 years for the 1st of 3 1990s rings. I can patiently watch and wait more now. :3amin:

It's called knowing your own limits. Trust me...you don't want me around watching my team losing as bad as the Boys lost to Philly.

I am happy with where the Skins ended up this year. Zorn's first year as head coach and we ended up with a .500 season...there are veteran coaches who didn't achieve that this year.

malgieri4 12-29-2008 10:10 AM

GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!

Worst to FIRST!!!!!!!!

np_mach1 12-29-2008 10:55 AM

Quote:

Prediction: Steelers and B-more in the AFC champ game... Got my popcorn ready

MYSLK02 12-29-2008 11:24 AM

Quote:

Are you kidding???? Steelers lost 24-20, Colts scored the winning TD with 3:00 mins remaining for thier first lead of the game. Even with Big Ben playing terrible the Steelers had the lead most of the game, take away his 3 Int's and the Steelers roll over the Colts.

GO STEELERS!

np_mach1 12-29-2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MYSLK02 (Post 1089797)
Are you kidding???? Steelers lost 24-20, Colts scored the winning TD with 3:00 mins remaining for thier first lead of the game. Even with Big Ben playing terrible the Steelers had the lead most of the game, take away his 3 Int's and the Steelers roll over the Colts.

GO STEELERS!

We'll see a superbowl this year. It will be a battle ROYAL against TN or my prediction B-more for the AFC Champ game vs Steelers

gbranton 12-29-2008 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1089820)
We'll see a superbowl on tv this year. It will be a battle ROYAL against TN or my prediction B-more

Fixed!

acreature 12-29-2008 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 1089778)
It's called knowing your own limits. Trust me...you don't want me around watching my team losing as bad as the Boys lost to Philly.

I reckon you need some therapy :23:

You should be a Philly fan... they turn on their team as fast as the winds in the Meadowlands :D

PrISM 12-29-2008 03:10 PM

44-6 L-O-L

"America's Team" didn't even make it a contest. I think I was laughing throughout the entire game. Can somebody please tell me why Dallas is even called America's Team? Why? Because they did well many years ago and everyone jumped on the bandwagon and became Cowboy fans? LOL...Please.

fiveliter 12-29-2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrISM (Post 1089861)
44-6 L-O-L

"America's Team" didn't even make it a contest. I think I was laughing throughout the entire game. Can somebody please tell me why Dallas is even called America's Team? Why? Because they did well many years ago and everyone jumped on the bandwagon and became Cowboy fans? LOL...Please.

Maybe the Dallas fans can tell us the nice little story about puzzle pieces again. That was very entertaining. Have a nice summer Boys!!! :23:

np_mach1 12-29-2008 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1089825)
Fixed!

:smack: :23:

FordMan 12-29-2008 03:35 PM

GO LIONS!!!

JDraper 12-29-2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FordMan (Post 1089869)
GO LIONS!!!

I can only assume you mean:

GO NITTANY LIONS!!!:claus: