2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

G 05-11-2007 10:44 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Man do I love Darlington. :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

gvervoren 05-12-2007 04:56 PM

I guess I'll have to record this race too. Got plans tonight. I guess I'll have to watch it tomorrow morning.

falcongtho3 05-12-2007 07:13 PM

Hope you took the rain delay into account...

:borg:

02mach1 05-12-2007 11:07 PM

The race will start at 12pm sunday 5/13/07 on FOX.

G 05-13-2007 12:08 AM

Excellent, I had an out of town soccer tournament but I'll be home for the race now. :D

falcongtho3 05-13-2007 08:06 AM

They kept saying the rain was going to slack off and end...and they kept saying it and saying it. I hope it's finally done by today.
Looks like the subject of all the water cooler talk this week got his hand slapped. NASCAR caught Jr. with a car that didn't pass inspection after the rain out.

birdman941 05-13-2007 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 793973)
.................... NASCAR caught Jr. with a car that didn't pass inspection after the rain out.

I looked and didn't see that anywhere.
ASSCAR website didn't say anything.
Got a link?

ylopony 05-13-2007 09:03 AM

Now that the JR. camp got caught cheating I'm dying to here the comments on here from the Earnhardt fans. If this were Jimmy or Jeff the forums would have lit up already. Point is, they all try to get an edge.

Here's your link.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/6804988

G 05-13-2007 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 793994)
I looked and didn't see that anywhere.
ASSCAR website didn't say anything.
Got a link?

http://www.courant.com/sports/motorr...s-sports-motor

G 05-13-2007 09:22 AM

Ginn Racing is really pushing for JR, that would give him a well financed team to drive for. HMS engines, Mark Martin hanging around, bunch of money to invest, Ginn has no issues with Bud like Gibbs, and he would be a teammate to the Army car. :D

ylopony 05-13-2007 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav (Post 794010)
Ginn Racing is really pushing for JR, that would give him a well financed team to drive for. HMS engines, Mark Martin hanging around, bunch of money to invest, Ginn has no issues with Bud like Gibbs, and he would be a teammate to the Army car. :D

I think this is a very real possibility. Ginn has a lot of money and has shown that he is serious. And as you mentioned Martin, and ohh yea, a minor little thing like having Hendricks motors in the car. :D

Personally, I don't think he's going to end up with RCR.

falcongtho3 05-13-2007 10:18 AM

My money's on Ginn as well. He'd get the advantage of the Hendrick support, and would probably put him in the best spot to be the contender he wants to be. I think him going to RCR would only be overshadowed by the history his dad had with them. Evenham sounds like he want Jr. really badly, but had the wrong make of car in his stable, and JGR has made the statememnt that the Bud sponsorship doesn't fit with his family friendly image (and he has Tony Stewart driving for him?!). Toyota's been awfully quiet, though.
I checked NASCARs site, and they've been strangely quiet about the 'issue' with Jr's rear spoiler mounting stanchions which were found to be illegal in pre-race (I'd said after the rain out, but had bad information, sorry).
Here's another link from AOL sports...
http://sports.aol.com/nascar/story/_...12220709990001

Azure Blurr 05-13-2007 10:55 AM

JGR could be a good fit as Jr. and Tony get along pretty good. Personally, I would like to see them on a team together. RCR would not be good for several reasons. One would be how would camera hog Harvick take it, as he would be backseated to Jr. for sure. Look what happened to him and Robbie, both wanted to be the "top gun" and it carried over to the track!

The Hendrick thingy would get even more ugly. Jimmy and Jeffery would keep their panties in a wad!

ylopony 05-13-2007 06:42 PM

Another lousy day for all you Hendricks bashers. :D

Again, Jeff Gordon showing why he is one of the all time greats whether Earnhardt fans want to admit it or not.

G 05-13-2007 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 794226)
Another lousy day for all you Hendricks bashers. :D

Again, Jeff Gordon showing why he is one of the all time greats whether Earnhardt fans want to admit it or not.

He ran well and what an amazing engine shop they have. :machgod:

Although in 5 more laps he would have been #2. They played the right hand there at the end. Glad JJ didn't win. :tongue:

ylopony 05-13-2007 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav (Post 794238)
He ran well and what an amazing engine shop they have. :machgod:

Although in 5 more laps he would have been #2. They played the right hand there at the end. Glad JJ didn't win. :tongue:

In 5 more laps Gordon could have been #25th. I was really expecting that engine to go. If it would have made it another 5 laps I think Hamlin would have caught him within 3 laps. That car was the best one on the track.

G 05-13-2007 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 794248)
In 5 more laps Gordon could have been #25th. I was really expecting that engine to go. If it would have made it another 5 laps I think Hamlin would have caught him within 3 laps. That car was the best one on the track.

I agree, passing him would have been harder for JJ and some of the others but the 11 was able to drive anywhere. :27:

They should be dang proud of that motor, it made it through a good burnout too. I'm not much of a burnout guy --- I prefer the ole skool guys like Martin and Burton. :machgod:

When that team gets on a roll they win a bunch.

Blackpony04 05-14-2007 05:29 PM

Crap, another great track turned boring by the new ugly asz car. I swear they are heading for SPEC racers eventually and there hasn't been an exciting finish in the COT cars yet! :Flame:

G 05-14-2007 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackpony04 (Post 794845)
Crap, another great track turned boring by the new ugly asz car. I swear they are heading for SPEC racers eventually and there hasn't been an exciting finish in the COT cars yet! :Flame:

:23: I can't disagree with that.

I think we're going to have an early silly season.

:smokin:

falcongtho3 05-14-2007 06:31 PM

I thikn the silly season started last week at Jr.s news conferenrce...

G 05-14-2007 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 794883)
I thikn the silly season started last week at Jr.s news conferenrce...

Oh yeah, every move is gonna start a BIG ripple effect. :27:

falcongtho3 05-14-2007 10:58 PM

Now I can look forward to not getting to watch the All Star race next weekend. Since it's only going to play on Speed and not on Fox guess I'll be renting a movie...

02mach1 05-14-2007 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 795089)
Now I can look forward to not getting to watch the All Star race next weekend. Since it's only going to play on Speed and not on Fox guess I'll be renting a movie...

Will the tv ratings on down again because of Jeffy 24#:secret:

Blackpony04 05-15-2007 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 795108)
Will the tv ratings on down again because of Jeffy 24#:secret:

No, because ALL of the races have been boring this year! :Flame:

G 05-15-2007 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackpony04 (Post 795436)
No, because ALL of the races have been boring this year! :Flame:

Haaaaaaaaa, if NASCAR wants to get people watching they may have to start treating Jeffy and Hendrick like a Roush team. :tongue: