2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NFL Football Thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84561)

04VAMach1 12-16-2008 01:18 PM

Re: NFL Football Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1085346)
Skins do need help though and it doesn't start with the coach.

Yes and no...they are lacking in a few areas, but the coaching is not where it should be either. Out of 46 plays on Sunday, 38 went to Moss, Portis, or Cooley...we need to develop more options on the offense. Our line is old, but they have proven that they are capable of doing the job...it still points back to the coaching.

gbranton 12-16-2008 01:24 PM

Mike Tomlin was just on NFL radio about 20 minutes ago saying that once he saw the replays he agreed with the officials that it was a touchdown. He must have seen some super-secret-triple-probation camera angle that nobody else but him and the refs saw. It looked alot like it was about six inches short to me. He declined to say what the next play call would have been. I would have went for it, like Tom Jackson said that night on ESPN, if you can't get six inches you aren't a championship football team.

gbranton 12-16-2008 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 1085349)
...it still points back to the coaching.

I heard Jim Zorn swear it was all his fault on the way to work this morning. I think he is on the clock.

02mach1 12-16-2008 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1085353)
Mike Tomlin was just on NFL radio about 20 minutes ago saying that once he saw the replays he agreed with the officials that it was a touchdown. He must have seen some super-secret-triple-probation camera angle that nobody else but him and the refs saw. It looked alot like it was about six inches short to me. He declined to say what the next play call would have been. I would have went for it, like Tom Jackson said that night on ESPN, if you can't get six inches you aren't a championship football team.

I tape the game just in case, Hooters had the other game on, I look at it over & over the end of the ball was over the goal line, it was TD
:claus:

np_mach1 12-16-2008 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 1085349)
Yes and no...they are lacking in a few areas, but the coaching is not where it should be either. Out of 46 plays on Sunday, 38 went to Moss, Portis, or Cooley...we need to develop more options on the offense. Our line is old, but they have proven that they are capable of doing the job...it still points back to the coaching.

I'd say they need pass blocking help. The run is good. They have limited weapons, so maybe another receiver, but Jason needs to get more comfortable with his guys.

The defense lacks in the secondary and the line needs help getting after the QB even with a 4 man rush.

I still say they are a playoff team with just a couple of changes.

gbranton 12-16-2008 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1085369)
Jason needs to get more comfortable with his guys.

I still say they are a playoff team with just a couple of changes.

I'd would agree with most of that. Personally, I think Jason Campbell needs to get more comfortable with his bench, not his guys. I am just not sold on him, he looks confused most of the time. You keep hearing that a quarterback needs all this time to develop, but I think Matt Ryan has burst this bubble in Atlanta. I think an average or below average quarterback needs all that time to get to the point where he can manage the game, but a great one can pick it up pretty quickly if he puts in the work. Jason Campbell is not a geat one.

TheBlkMach1 12-16-2008 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 1084844)
REALLY BAD!!!!!!!!!!

:yeh: :CHEERS: :smokin:

AzureOutlaw 12-17-2008 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1085375)
I'd would agree with most of that. Personally, I think Jason Campbell needs to get more comfortable with his bench, not his guys. I am just not sold on him, he looks confused most of the time. You keep hearing that a quarterback needs all this time to develop, but I think Matt Ryan has burst this bubble in Atlanta. I think an average or below average quarterback needs all that time to get to the point where he can manage the game, but a great one can pick it up pretty quickly if he puts in the work. Jason Campbell is not a geat one.

Matt Ryan is a freak of nature however there was another QB who got pushed into a system and it took him a little while but he got it down ,i think his name was Tom Brady.... Theres another one who didnt get much playin time but after some break in time hes doin better Matt Cassel I believe its personal develpment good coachs and a decent set of recievers. I can say that i havent seen a QB develop a pocket presence as quick as Matt Ryan in a long time to me he is a absolute joy to watch play even agaisnt the Bucs this past weekend he had horrible numbers and still when u watch him he looks nothing like a first year player. Id gladly take him on the texans.

GO BEARS!!!!

65fastback2+2 12-17-2008 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzureOutlaw (Post 1085626)
Matt Ryan is a freak of nature however there was another QB who got pushed into a system and it took him a little while but he got it down ,i think his name was Tom Brady.... Theres another one who didnt get much playin time but after some break in time hes doin better Matt Cassel I believe its personal develpment good coachs and a decent set of recievers. I can say that i havent seen a QB develop a pocket presence as quick as Matt Ryan in a long time to me he is a absolute joy to watch play even agaisnt the Bucs this past weekend he had horrible numbers and still when u watch him he looks nothing like a first year player. Id gladly take him on the texans.

GO BEARS!!!!

theres another one that went in, took over a game and got a great contract and puts up great numbers...his name is Tony Romo

04VAMach1 12-17-2008 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1085640)
theres another one that went in, took over a game and got a great contract and puts up great numbers...his name is Tony Romo

Not even in the same class

np_mach1 12-17-2008 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 1085654)

<--- Clears throat.... WHAT ABOUT BIG BEN???

04VAMach1 12-17-2008 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1085667)
<--- Clears throat.... WHAT ABOUT BIG BEN???

Sure, with his QB rating of 22.5 in the 06 SB?

np_mach1 12-17-2008 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 1085673)
Sure, with his QB rating of 22.5 in the 06 SB?

HAHAHA came in as a rookie and did one hell of a job

Get over 06 there will be plenty more to come that you can dissect :23:

04VAMach1 12-17-2008 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1085743)
HAHAHA came in as a rookie and did one hell of a job

Get over 06 there will be plenty more to come that you can dissect :23:

My money is on him making up for 06 in this year's SB.

np_mach1 12-17-2008 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 1085764)
My money is on him making up for 06 in this year's SB.

I hope they make it that far... Some good teams in the AFC and our offense has been lack luster as of late.

04VAMach1 12-17-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1085766)
I hope they make it that far... Some good teams in the AFC and our offense has been lack luster as of late.

It will be Ben's fault if they don't make it...the D will do their job.:butt:

np_mach1 12-17-2008 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 1085796)
It will be Ben's fault if they don't make it...the D will do their job.:butt:

That's true.

acreature 12-17-2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 1085654)

That's just plain a simple hate. Look at his numbers... much better than the aforementioned QBs with exception of Brady. Absent the Playoff f-ups - which is a team issue... he is head and shoulders above the others. You can't argue against it.

b3warnick 12-17-2008 11:41 PM

Quote:

It will be Ben's fault if they don't make it...the D will do their job.
Not! It will be the fault of our idiotic OC, Bruce Arians. I hope to he!! that as soon as the last gun sounds on the last game of the season for the stillers, even if it is a SB win, that Tomlin turns to Arians and says 'you're fired'! The guy is an idiot!! Nothing Ben can do about that.

02mach1 12-18-2008 03:06 AM

Gust who has SB ring Ben does , Tony does not. but he does have butter fingers doe:23:

04VAMach1 12-18-2008 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aneurism (Post 1085950)
That's just plain a simple hate. Look at his numbers... much better than the aforementioned QBs with exception of Brady. Absent the Playoff f-ups - which is a team issue... he is head and shoulders above the others. You can't argue against it.

I thought you would know by now how much to take me seriously...I'm just giving Screech a hard time. :butt:

04VAMach1 12-18-2008 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 1086001)
Gust who has SB ring Ben does , Tony does not. but he does have butter fingers doe:23:

Big Ben might as well have been sitting on the bench when he got that ring...he didn't do anything in the game.

np_mach1 12-18-2008 08:29 AM

Looks like the head oficial of the NFL says the TD in question (Ravens vs Steelers) was infact a TD. The correct call was made and all of the haters should STFU. Go to NFL.com or watch the station to see what he said. He goes on there weekly and talks about controversial calls and is the first to admit when the refs **** up.

As far as Steelers O. Yeah we need to adjust our play calling to smash mouth run first pass when you need to. Come out with the deep ball once in a while, but passing on 1st and 2nd down stuff is killing our drives.

65fastback2+2 12-18-2008 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aneurism (Post 1085950)

hes just messing with me...im sure he would literally write that culpepper and kitna are better qb's than romo just to rile me

gbranton 12-18-2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1086068)
hes just messing with me...im sure he would literally write that culpepper and kitna are better qb's than romo just to rile me

I would hope he wouldn't go THAT far.