2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

birdman941 04-30-2007 07:27 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Actually, convicted felon Rick Hendrick did the same thing
with Ken Schrader only he did it to Junie Donleavey.(sp)

G 04-30-2007 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 787709)
Yep, sounds like a Gordon move. Just like yesterday when at the driver's meeting he was crying about bump drafting, and in the race I saw him doing more bump drafting than anyone. "Do as I say, not as I do" I guess. :notsure:

:agree:

The normal rules don't apply to Gordon, Johnson, and Stewart. Haaaa don't drive for the cat in the hat or the rules apply double. I don't know that JJ might be a good person but he is associated with AzzClown Gordon. I like Robby Gordon better than jeffy.

dcpatters 05-01-2007 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav (Post 787719)
:agree:

The normal rules don't apply to Gordon, Johnson, and Stewart.

Now there's a clown, Tony Stewart. Aside from being a clown, a total nut case too!!!!

pic18 05-01-2007 06:53 AM

Quote:

Yep, sounds like a Gordon move. Just like yesterday when at the driver's meeting he was crying about bump drafting, and in the race I saw him doing more bump drafting than anyone. "Do as I say, not as I do" I guess. :notsure:

He asked if and how NASCAR was going to police bumpdrafting. Mike Helton said they were basicly leaving it up to the drivers unless anything got extreme. After hearing their answer, he raced within Mike's guidelines. Last year people were bumping badly. This year was much calmer.

ylopony 05-01-2007 06:59 AM

Quote:

Bash Gordon all you want. That's what's fun about being a fan of any sport. It's fun to root for your team or driver and bash the ones you hate.

But when you make opinion fact, have your facts straight first. He was not crying. Gordon spoke up and the drivers agreed with what Gordon had to say.

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/head...ega/index.html

http://www.adelphia.net/sports/read....=auto%20racing

pic18 05-01-2007 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 787678)
Jeffy won the Busch race (May 92 I think)
and the entire grandstands booed him even though he won the race.
The press was all over him and so were the fans for
not being a gentleman about the business deal he had with Ford.
Legal, yeah.
Sportsmanlike or gentlemanly?
Heck no.
Jeffy is a POS in my mind and always will be.

Pretend you are Jeff Gordon. Someone asks you what the one single smartest career choice you made was. What do you think it would be? How old was he then? 22? Did he have someone like his stepdad or manager helping him make those decisions? Was every decision you made at 22 the perfect choice? Lighten up.

birdman941 05-01-2007 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pic18 (Post 787961)
Pretend you are Jeff Gordon. Someone asks you what the one single smartest career choice you made was. What do you think it would be? How old was he then? 22? Did he have someone like his stepdad or manager helping him make those decisions? Was every decision you made at 22 the perfect choice? Lighten up.

Yeah, never mind integrity, which Jeffy has none.
Grow up.

pic18 05-01-2007 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 787963)
Yeah, never mind integrity, which Jeffy has none.
Grow up.

Grow Up?

03mach69mach 05-01-2007 07:23 AM

Careful how you use the word integrety along with NASCAR. Here is the rule, learn it, love it and believe it, NASCAR is about one thing and one thing only....

MONEY!

ylopony 05-01-2007 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03mach69mach (Post 787971)

MONEY!

You hit the nail right on the head. Just about any one of us would have done the same thing if the $$$ were flashed in front of us. We see it every year in every sport, athletes with integrity, athletes without integrity, leave their teams to free agency and chase the last dollar. Why shouldn't they? A team will let them go without a warning themselves if they so choose.

Very few of us in our current jobs would not leave it in a heartbeat if someone was offering us far more money and a greater opportunity. Jeff Gordon did nothing that most of us wouldn't have done themselves. When you are an athelete or a driver it's a business, it's about the money.

ylopony 05-01-2007 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 788011)
He's still a tittybaby!!!!:smack: :23:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...der/m1met9.jpg <---------Jeffy!

Ok, now that's funny. :23:

Perhaps we should add Tony Stewart to that list. Biggest whinner I've ever seen in any sport.

G 05-01-2007 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 788013)
Ok, now that's funny. :23:

Perhaps we should add Tony Stewart to that list. Biggest whinner I've ever seen in any sport.

I'm nowhere close to being a Stewart or Gordon fan but the only thing I respect about them is their skill and that they HATE to lose.

If you show me a driver that's happy to just run with the Cup crowd but is ok with not winning. I'll show you someone who is acustomed to losing. I want my driver to never be happy with second but have normal reactions to stress. Look at Burton, Martin, Kenseth, and the other drivers with class. :cool:

EVEN Harvick is learning from Jeff Burton and growing up some. :yes:

birdman941 05-01-2007 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav (Post 788037)
...............EVEN Harvick is learning from Jeff Burton and growing up some. :yes:

It's about time.

G 05-01-2007 01:21 PM

Wishing well to one of the greats in LMS and Busch racing.

Sam Ard

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/head...ury/index.html

gvervoren 05-02-2007 05:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Look at what my wife caught me doing. Introducing NASCAR to my 4 month old son. He seems to like it. :OUCH:

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...1&d=1178142550

Thunderbolt 05-02-2007 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 787954)
Bash Gordon all you want. That's what's fun about being a fan of any sport. It's fun to root for your team or driver and bash the ones you hate.

But when you make opinion fact, have your facts straight first. He was not crying. Gordon spoke up and the drivers agreed with what Gordon had to say.

:31: I've seen enough races to know when Gordon is up front that he does whatever he can to win. Bumping, wrecking, blocking, whatever. And when the favor is returned, he is WAAHHHHHHHHHING all over the place in his interviews. Oh, and I hated Earnhardt Sr. . He pulled that crap all the time too. The story says their alot alike. Yeah, that's a fact.

G 05-02-2007 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 788806)
I've seen enough races to know when Gordon is up front that he does whatever he can to win. Bumping, wrecking, blocking, whatever. And when the favor is returned, he is WAAHHHHHHHHHING all over the place in his interviews. Oh, and I hated Earnhardt Sr. . He pulled that crap all the time too. The story says their alot alike. Yeah, that's a fact.

The story is wrong. :teeth:

My dad was a modified racer in the late 50's thru the 60's. Dale Sr was a few years older than me and I remember him from those early days (we were both kids hanging at the track). Comparing Jeff Gordon to Dale is like Andy **** vs Chuck "freaking" Norris. :headbang:

Sorry to let you in on this but racers back then would not put up with some of the stuff we see today. Example Jeffy pushing Kenseth post race for the camera, do that to even a modern era modified racer and you will need more teeth. Kurt B. learned that messing with Jimmy Spencer. :CHEERS:

:11: Don't make me throw a Bud can at ya. :23:

G 05-02-2007 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 787954)

The comments about Gordon's voice replacing Big E is silly. Mark Martin and Jeff Burton are the only guys that come close to taking up the role Dale played. The friendship between Dale and Rusty was real and always made me laugh. Dale never found a replacement for Neil Bonnett who was probably the most talented driver I ever saw and clearly his friend for life.

I'll take a Joe Weatherly or Glenn Roberts over Gordon, it won't matter how many wins on his resume. I just don't like his character. Sorry.

Thunderbolt 05-02-2007 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav (Post 788845)
it won't matter how many wins on his resume. I just don't like his character. Sorry.

:stupid:

machths 05-03-2007 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav (Post 788835)
Comparing Jeff Gordon to Dale is like Andy **** vs Chuck "freaking" Norris. :headbang:

I never liked Dale Earnhardt either, but man, comparing him to Andy ****...that's just wrong. :27: Have a little respect for the dead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav (Post 788835)
Sorry to let you in on this but racers back then would not put up with some of the stuff we see today. Example Jeffy pushing Kenseth post race for the camera, do that to even a modern era modified racer and you will need more teeth. Kurt B. learned that messing with Jimmy Spencer. :CHEERS:

Well, seeing that he shoved Kenseth, which isn't exactly the epitome of a man...it's understandable that "got away with one." You can see that there wasn't a lot of risk there on Gordon's part.

machths 05-03-2007 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav (Post 788845)
The comments about Gordon's voice replacing Big E is silly. Mark Martin and Jeff Burton are the only guys that come close to taking up the role Dale played.

Actually Gordon has been one of the strongest proponents of safety in NASCAR since the '90's. Unfortunately, Jeff Burton seems to be the only one labeled as the safety advocate for NASCAR.

falcongtho3 05-04-2007 09:36 PM

Well, another week and another pole for Grodon. And lookie! Not only no Mikey in the race, but our 'buddy' Dale J. has managed to use up all of his provisionals and so...he's not in, either!
:borg:

birdman941 05-04-2007 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 789796)
Well, another week and another pole for Grodon. And lookie! Not only no Mikey in the race, but our 'buddy' Dale J. has managed to use up all of his provisionals and so...he's not in, either!

Bwaaaa Haaaa Haaaaa.......................
Traitors!
Quote:

Originally Posted by machths (Post 788986)
Actually Gordon has been one of the strongest proponents of safety in NASCAR since the '90's. Unfortunately, Jeff Burton seems to be the only one labeled as the safety advocate for NASCAR.

But Jeff Burton speaks with intelligence, is not a whiner,
and probably doesn't cheat on his wife.
Integrity.

Blackpony04 05-04-2007 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 789796)

YAY! Too bad Reutimann is doing well in comparison or there'd be ZERO Toyotas running the race....