2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NFL Football Thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84561)

04VAMach1 12-15-2008 03:14 PM

Re: NFL Football Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1084949)
When have I ever said the Steelers were going anywhere? I play it week by week and just hope they win. It's tools like you who shoot your mouth off about your high and mighty team and then when they lose it's excuse after excuse. Gee, your offense is'nt doing that well by your own words. Then how do they have a chance? What am I suppose to do about bad officiating? I'm just watching the game. What comes around, goes around. The Steelers aren't any golden child.The Steelers have the toughest schedule in the league this year. Why would I expect them to go to the Superbowl? I began the year thinking they would be a .500 team at best with their schedule. Anything more is just gravy to me. :COOL:

I give Steelers fans a hard time about the 06 SB, but I can't take anything away from them this year. They look good and have been successful playing such a tough schedule.

What a lot of people don't realize is that defense is what wins the game. It doesn't matter if your offense can put up points if your defense can't stop the other team. The Steeler defense has looked good all year...the SB is a definite possibility for them. As far as the Cowboys, we all know that they won't make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

gbranton 12-15-2008 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 1084974)
What a lot of people don't realize is that defense is what wins the game. It doesn't matter if your offense can put up points if your defense can't stop the other team.

That's why I was stressing in my earlier threads that the Bears need to retool a bit on defense. I honestly believe that the Bears could win the offense they have in place if their defense played like it has in years past.

02mach1 12-15-2008 03:50 PM

Quote:

I give Steelers fans a hard time about the 06 SB, but I can't take anything away from them this year. They look good and have been successful playing such a tough schedule.

What a lot of people don't realize is that defense is what wins the game. It doesn't matter if your offense can put up points if your defense can't stop the other team. The Steeler defense has looked good all year...the SB is a definite possibility for them. As far as the Cowboys, we all know that they won't make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Steelers has the n.o1 Defense and best Defense past 35 years in NFL and (hardest schedule in NFL History what NFL.COM said,) we will beat tenn. this weekend and get home playoff games in playoffs.:claus:

gbranton 12-15-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 1084992)
Steelers has the n.o1 Defense and best Defense past 35 years in NFL and (hardest schedule in NFL History what NFL.COM said,) we will beat tenn. this weekend and get home playoff games in playoffs.:claus:

2008 Steelers points allowed per game: 13.7

1985 Bears points allowed per game: 11.5

np_mach1 12-15-2008 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1085002)
2008 Steelers points allowed per game: 13.7

1985 Bears points allowed per game: 11.5

1971 purple people eaters (Vikings) 9.9 ponts a game

np_mach1 12-15-2008 05:11 PM

Quote:

I give Steelers fans a hard time about the 06 SB, .

We won... I don't feel bad if anyone says anything to me.

gbranton 12-15-2008 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1085020)
1971 purple people eaters (Vikings) 9.9 points a game

You are right and that is very inpressive, but he said in the last 35 years.

np_mach1 12-15-2008 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1085020)
1971 purple people eaters (Vikings) 9.9 ponts a game

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1085023)

I have the 75 (33 years ago) steelers with 9.9 points per game, but I did find the 85 Bears with 12.4 pts per game (not sure on which source is right on the bears)...

1985 Chicago Bears

Yards Per Game 258.4
Rushing Yards Per Game 82.4
Passing Yards Per Game 176.0
12.4 points per game

2008 Steelers

239 Yards per game
76 Rushing yd per game
163 Yds per game
13.7 (or so) pts allowed per game

Only things Bears have is pts per game. Steelers D is SOLID!

gbranton 12-15-2008 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1085030)
Only things Bears have is pts per game.

That and a ring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1085030)
Steelers D is SOLID!

I agree 100%

np_mach1 12-15-2008 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1085034)
That and a ring.

:claus: well the burg was horrible in 85. (under 500)

I'll take 5 rings, a 6th one wouldn't hurt so we'll see what happens this year :3amin:

04VAMach1 12-15-2008 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1085021)
We won... I don't feel bad if anyone says anything to me.

I would be happy too if all my team had to do was show and win the Super Bowl.

np_mach1 12-15-2008 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 1085065)
I would be happy too if all my team had to do was show and win the Super Bowl.

:23: I guess those TD's were lucky... and Fast's 75 yd TD run was just showing up too. :23: Ike's pick and Twan's pass was just "going through the motions" HAHA the only thing that was "questionable" in that game was the block by Hasselbeck. The burg had more big plays and capatalized on those with points. The stats are a little onsided, but in close games the ones who score points on big plays win.

02mach1 12-15-2008 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1085023)

The 76' Steelers was the best no TDs last 7 games that year here's look of the video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--IKFr14cy0

fiveliter 12-15-2008 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1084848)
Can I get the excuses for last week too? And while you're at it let me go ahead and get the excuses for next week as well

NY Giants...worst team to ever win a superbowl

No excuses here, where did I make any excuses. Like I said," Piss poor play by the Giants this week".
Anyway, cry all you want about worst team this, worst team that.......2007 Super Bowl Champs and 2008 NFC East Champs. Sounds like jealousy to me Rhomo lovers. Sorry, but Dallas isn't going anywhere this year. They'll be lucky just to make the playoffs and it they do, it'll be another first round exit with T.O. crying again after the game. Remember his crying session last year. LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!

02mach1 12-16-2008 02:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1085074)
:23: I guess those TD's were lucky... and Fast's 75 yd TD run was just showing up too. :23: Ike's pick and Twan's pass was just "going through the motions" HAHA the only thing that was "questionable" in that game was the block by Hasselbeck. The burg had more big plays and capatalized on those with points. The stats are a little onsided, but in close games the ones who score points on big plays win.

here's the rule.

AzureOutlaw 12-16-2008 03:03 AM

[QUOTE=04VAMach1;1084974]I give Steelers fans a hard time about the 06 SB, but I can't take anything away from them this year. They look good and have been successful playing such a tough schedule.

What a lot of people don't realize is that defense is what wins the game. It doesn't matter if your offense can put up points if your defense can't stop the other team. The Steeler defense has looked good all year...the SB is a definite possibility for them. As far as the Cowboys, we all know that they won't make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs.[/QUOTTh

The bears superbowl from two years ago might be able to argue that whole defense wins rings thing.. It is a big part of it but if your offense cant move the ball at all those defensive players tend to get tired of chasing tthe ball around

AzureOutlaw 12-16-2008 03:06 AM

You guys can talk about AFC teams till your blue in the face and it wont matter because its gonna be another NFC superbowl winner this year.... Yeah the AFC teams had more teams with better records however they also had more teams with complete losing records....NFC was much tougher this year.

04VAMach1 12-16-2008 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1085074)

Only Steelers fans think that game was called correctly. It was called more one-sided than any other game that I have ever seen...and it was blatantly obvious. ESPN and most media picked it up right away and ran with it. I would be ashamed to claim that win...it's like bragging about winning due to a forfeit.

65fastback2+2 12-16-2008 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1084949)
When have I ever said the Steelers were going anywhere? I play it week by week and just hope they win. It's tools like you who shoot your mouth off about your high and mighty team and then when they lose it's excuse after excuse. Gee, your offense is'nt doing that well by your own words. Then how do they have a chance? What am I suppose to do about bad officiating? I'm just watching the game. What comes around, goes around. The Steelers aren't any golden child.The Steelers have the toughest schedule in the league this year. Why would I expect them to go to the Superbowl? I began the year thinking they would be a .500 team at best with their schedule. Anything more is just gravy to me. :COOL:

offense isnt doing so well to a cowboys fan is romo having less than 300 yards and less than 4 td's lol...look at the beginning of the season....so, we're playing less than at the beginning...and yet...still clicking better than most

65fastback2+2 12-16-2008 09:49 AM

Quote:

the general rule...but there are exceptions...look at the eagles/cowboys game at the beginning of the year...neither team had defense...it was a shootout

jv7 12-16-2008 10:30 AM

The 06' SB itself wasn't one of the best but it was fun watching the Steelers manhandle the Colts at home(no one gave them a chance) and the Broncos in Mile High, who had never lost there all year and it was the Broncos taking in the oxygen.

np_mach1 12-16-2008 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 1085270)
here's the rule.

I LOVE IT!!!!! :worship:

np_mach1 12-16-2008 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 1085284)
Only Steelers fans think that game was called correctly. It was called more one-sided than any other game that I have ever seen...and it was blatantly obvious. ESPN and most media picked it up right away and ran with it. I would be ashamed to claim that win...it's like bragging about winning due to a forfeit.

Don't believe what you hear on the TV. It was not more onesided... how about when the refs tried to make the colts win against us??? JP spoke out about it and he was NEVR fined. THAT was onesided.

It's not anything like a forfeit. Good teams find ways to win the game. The seagulls weren't as good as the Steelers in that game.

on a serious topic... Is Zorn CP's ***** or what :23:

04VAMach1 12-16-2008 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1085317)
Don't believe what you hear on the TV. It was not more onesided... how about when the refs tried to make the colts win against us??? JP spoke out about it and he was NEVR fined. THAT was onesided.

It's not anything like a forfeit. Good teams find ways to win the game. The seagulls weren't as good as the Steelers in that game.

on a serious topic... Is Zorn CP's ***** or what :23:

So are you saying that the game that was broadcast on TV wasn't the real game? Or that the Steelers were given the SB in return for the Colts game? How about a TD that should have been called back for ineligible receivers downfield? How about a TD when the ball didn't even cross the goal line (even WorthlessBurger admitted it on The Late Show the next night)? It's one thing for a bad call to affect a few plays, but the bad calls in the 06 SB directly resulted in a 28 point swing...no team can overcome that.

You're right though, it's not anything like a forfeit...IT'S WORSE. The Seahawks ran all over the Steelers that night and proved that they were the better team. They could not get into the end zone only because the officials wouldn't let them.

And on your serious note...remember that Dan Snyder has a high turnover rate with head coaches. Zorn may not be in the NFL next year.

np_mach1 12-16-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 1085337)
So are you saying that the game that was broadcast on TV wasn't the real game? Or that the Steelers were given the SB in return for the Colts game? How about a TD that should have been called back for ineligible receivers downfield? How about a TD when the ball didn't even cross the goal line (even WorthlessBurger admitted it on The Late Show the next night)? It's one thing for a bad call to affect a few plays, but the bad calls in the 06 SB directly resulted in a 28 point swing...no team can overcome that.

You're right though, it's not anything like a forfeit...IT'S WORSE. The Seahawks ran all over the Steelers that night and proved that they were the better team. They could not get into the end zone only because the officials wouldn't let them.

And on your serious note...remember that Dan Snyder has a high turnover rate with head coaches. Zorn may not be in the NFL next year.

:23: The seaguls were not the better team. They lost. They did get out rushed. The couldn't tackle when they needed to. The couldn't block when they needed to. Matt threw a pick when he couldn't afford to.

Anyways you don't agree and I disagree with you too. No hard feelings :claus:

Skins do need help though and it doesn't start with the coach.