2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NFL Football Thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84561)

fiveliter 12-15-2008 12:05 AM

Re: NFL Football Thread

The Giants played poorly tonight and deserved to lose. Just unacceptable to allow Dallas to convert 3rd and nine with 3 minutes remaining. Play before that Dallas was 2nd and 23. Just piss poor defense. Eli and the offensive line didnt look like they came to play either. Dallas came ready to play and the Giants didnt. That being said, the Giants can still wrap up a #1 seed with a win next week. GO GIANTS!!!! 2008 NFC East Champs!!!

65fastback2+2 12-15-2008 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jv7 (Post 1084836)
sounds like somones still irrated the cowboys loost to the steelers

i was irritated that TO never looked like he was trying...that first INT was his fault completely

65fastback2+2 12-15-2008 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 1084844)
REALLY BAD!!!!!!!!!!

+1 :butt:

65fastback2+2 12-15-2008 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiveliter (Post 1084841)
The Giants played poorly tonight and deserved to lose. Just unacceptable to allow Dallas to convert 3rd and nine with 3 minutes remaining. Play before that Dallas was 2nd and 23. Just piss poor defense. Eli and the offensive line didnt look like they came to play either. Dallas came ready to play and the Giants didnt. That being said, the Giants can still wrap up a #1 seed with a win next week. GO GIANTS!!!! 2008 NFC East Champs!!!

Can I get the excuses for last week too? And while you're at it let me go ahead and get the excuses for next week as well

NY Giants...worst team to ever win a superbowl

mach1 03 12-15-2008 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1084755)
:worship: :worship: :worship: OH YEAH BABY!! Pittsburgh locks up the AFC North title!! Going for the #1 seed now!!

There were some messed up calls in that game that anyone but stealers fans could see.

02mach1 12-15-2008 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1084755)
:worship: :worship: :worship: OH YEAH BABY!! Pittsburgh locks up the AFC North title!! Going for the #1 seed now!!

oh yea we are n.o1 homes was in endzone that's TD BABY!:claus:

04VAMach1 12-15-2008 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1084848)
06 Steelers...worst team to ever win a superbowl

Fixed for ya...there is no comparison.

FWIW, why would the Giants risk further injuries? They have secured a playoff spot and they played exactly like I expected...coasting into the playoffs.

65fastback2+2 12-15-2008 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 1084870)
Fixed for ya...there is no comparison.

FWIW, why would the Giants risk further injuries? They have secured a playoff spot and they played exactly like I expected...coasting into the playoffs.

BAHAHAHHA...why would the risk further injury? well first off, 8 sacks MIGHT could injure your star qb

gbranton 12-15-2008 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 1084870)

Everyone knows the quickest route to an injury is to be on the field not playing with full intensity. If they were merely playing out the string content to coast into the playoffs then they would have put in the second stringers. That object in the Giant's hands is their a$$, handed to them by the Cowboys. The Giants aren't coasting, they are FADING.

04VAMach1 12-15-2008 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1084876)
BAHAHAHHA...why would the risk further injury? well first off, 8 sacks MIGHT could injure your star qb

Please...Manning proved he can take hits better than Homo. Who looked like a pansy at the end of the 1st quarter?

65fastback2+2 12-15-2008 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 1084882)
Please...Manning proved he can take hits better than Homo. Who looked like a pansy at the end of the 1st quarter?

im sorry...kneed in the spine by a 300 pound man running....seriously

we werent out to hurt eli like the giants were out to keep pounding romo

04VAMach1 12-15-2008 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1084881)
Everyone knows the quickest route to an injury is to be on the field not playing with full intensity. If they were merely playing out the string content to coast into the playoffs then they would have put in the second stringers. That object in the Giant's hands is their a$$, handed to them by the Cowboys. The Giants aren't coasting, they are FADING.

You missed my point...they had several injured players who probably could have played that didn't because this week's game was not as important. Next week's game is and the injured players will benefit from the rest by being at practice. If they needed the win, do you really think that Jacobs would have been on the bench?

gbranton 12-15-2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 1084884)
You missed my point..... If they needed the win, do you really think that Jacobs would have been on the bench?

No, you are correct about holding out injured players. I just don't think they gave a good effort in last night's game and they got dominated. They were even getting blown up on the radio by their own broadcast team, Bob Papa and Carl Banks about a "lack of professionalism".

Mainly I was just disappointed that they didn't end the Cowboy's season.

65fastback2+2 12-15-2008 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 1084884)
You missed my point...they had several injured players who probably could have played that didn't because this week's game was not as important. Next week's game is and the injured players will benefit from the rest by being at practice. If they needed the win, do you really think that Jacobs would have been on the bench?

so....you are telling me they slacked off last night so they could make next weeks game a "must win"???? i think you are smoking some of m1m's killer dro....any logical team would try to lock things up and keep games from being "must wins"

65fastback2+2 12-15-2008 10:07 AM

need i mention the fact that the giants are 2 losses for their current streak lol....ya....coasting lol....you mean...dying

04VAMach1 12-15-2008 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1084889)
so....you are telling me they slacked off last night so they could make next weeks game a "must win"???? i think you are smoking some of m1m's killer dro....any logical team would try to lock things up and keep games from being "must wins"

Believe it or not, it's not always about winning every game...it's about winning smart. What would you rather do, try to win a game with key players at 80% and risk more serious injuries or take a loss while letting those injured players rest and get back to 100% for the following week? Keep in mind that aggravated injuries take even longer to recover from, not to mention the effects of missed practices.

And next week's game is not a must win...the Giants have already locked up the NFC East so they are only playing for home field advantage. They didn't need it last year.

04VAMach1 12-15-2008 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1084886)
Mainly I was just disappointed that they didn't end the Cowboy's season.

As a Skins fan, so was I...but I was even more disappointed by our performance against the Bengals.

65fastback2+2 12-15-2008 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 1084896)
Believe it or not, it's not always about winning every game...it's about winning smart. What would you rather do, try to win a game with key players at 80% and risk more serious injuries or take a loss while letting those injured players rest and get back to 100% for the following week? Keep in mind that aggravated injuries take even longer to recover from, not to mention the effects of missed practices.

And next week's game is not a must win...the Giants have already locked up the NFC East so they are only playing for home field advantage. They didn't need it last year.

i remember a team doing that last year...i dont recommend it heh

gbranton 12-15-2008 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 1084897)
As a Skins fan, so was I...but I was even more disappointed by our performance against the Bengals.

Oh man. Yeah, that was sad. Do you think the 'Skins have packed it in for the year?

Braceyaself 12-15-2008 10:55 AM

Cowboyyyyyyyyyyyyyyssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

np_mach1 12-15-2008 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mach1 03 (Post 1084851)
There were some messed up calls in that game that anyone but stealers fans could see.

we can go tit for tat... there where an equal amount of non calls in the game. (how about the ridiculous hold on harrison that set up B-more's last field goal) For the TD is was a catch the ball touched the front of the plane, he had posesion in the endzone and it is a TD.

Coming for the Titians and home field baby.

04VAMach1 12-15-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1084899)
Oh man. Yeah, that was sad. Do you think the 'Skins have packed it in for the year?

Might as well start working on next season...they won't be playing in Jan.

Thunderbolt 12-15-2008 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1084829)
im sorry...but you really need to look at their crappy offense and realize they have NO chance of making it to the superbowl. Whine about how you hate the cowboys so much, but if our offense gets back to normal with our defense clicking so well, we have a chance.

When have I ever said the Steelers were going anywhere? I play it week by week and just hope they win. It's tools like you who shoot your mouth off about your high and mighty team and then when they lose it's excuse after excuse. Gee, your offense is'nt doing that well by your own words. Then how do they have a chance? What am I suppose to do about bad officiating? I'm just watching the game. What comes around, goes around. The Steelers aren't any golden child.The Steelers have the toughest schedule in the league this year. Why would I expect them to go to the Superbowl? I began the year thinking they would be a .500 team at best with their schedule. Anything more is just gravy to me. :COOL: