2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

slojunk91 07-07-2015 12:01 AM

Re: NASCAR thread

I literally just got off my flight from Florida. I was there last night. I was 11 rows up from the bottom 100 feet past the wreck. The fence did do its job but man...scary stuff. I was showered with dust,rubber and whatever else but nothing more. Me and my wife are fine but 12 others were treated at the scene. Thankfully nothing too serious as far as I know.Wow...unreal. Very happy for the 88. He was a rocketship all race long.

TKat13 07-07-2015 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slojunk91 (Post 1603802)
I literally just got off my flight from Florida. I was there last night. I was 11 rows up from the bottom 100 feet past the wreck. The fence did do its job but man...scary stuff. I was showered with dust,rubber and whatever else but nothing more. Me and my wife are fine but 12 others were treated at the scene. Thankfully nothing too serious as far as I know.Wow...unreal. Very happy for the 88. He was a rocketship all race long.

Wow!!!

BTW, I saw two types of people in the stands at the end of the race on TV:
1. Stood up with hands in the air yelling in excitement
2. Ducking for cover to save their life

I can only imagine being there and that close. Seems scary.

311-420 07-07-2015 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not a gt (Post 1603766)
Freakin Little E :mad:
As usual, Danica right in it at the start

Amazing how good the fence worked, could have been ALOT worse, I call first dibs on motor/tranny combo

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...fans/29756453/

Loved the front bumper cam, good call 311-420 (BTW your boy been looking a little rusty, bad spot trying to get in top 30, taking some risk to get there)

He won last week. Not too awful rusty. :smokin:

Quote:

Originally Posted by slojunk91 (Post 1603802)

I'd never sit near the track at a super speedway. Hell, sitting about 25 rows up coming out of turn 4 here in Texas I got hit with rubber last time I was there. I love racing but F that.

slojunk91 07-07-2015 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1603822)
He won last week. Not too awful rusty. :smokin:

I'd never sit near the track at a super speedway. Hell, sitting about 25 rows up coming out of turn 4 here in Texas I got hit with rubber last time I was there. I love racing but F that.

Not my first super speedway race by any means but I understand what you mean. I'd still take the same seats again...

311-420 07-07-2015 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slojunk91 (Post 1603829)
Not my first super speedway race by any means but I understand what you mean. I'd still take the same seats again...

You're braver than me! The thought of a wheel or engine/trans landing on me is enough to make me sit away.

slojunk91 07-07-2015 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKat13 (Post 1603814)
Wow!!!

BTW, I saw two types of people in the stands at the end of the race on TV:
1. Stood up with hands in the air yelling in excitement
2. Ducking for cover to save their life

I can only imagine being there and that close. Seems scary.

Yeah, i did both in that exact order. People at home here ask if I saw the wreck, I said see it? I felt it. Kind of scary yes but I'd do it again. Plan to go again in Feb.

Big Ron 07-28-2015 04:33 PM

#$%^ the 88 team! :anger:I've "offically" jumped on the #18 bandwagon. :worship:

He can drive the wheels off of a car IMHO.

Big Ron

TKat13 07-29-2015 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Ron (Post 1604682)
#$%^ the 88 team! :anger:I've "offically" jumped on the #18 bandwagon. :worship:

He can drive the wheels off of a car IMHO.

Big Ron

Hendricks in general are not really responding that well to the rule package changes. Seem to have fixed the JGR cars. Kyle is impressive, he is a roll.

I wish Tony would wake up and start driving, I am really tired of hoping he will figure out his issues, just makes no sense why the 41 and 4 are so good and the 14 is just terrible. He seems to be missing that last 5% of drive.

88 looked terrible this week as well, almost like they were using that race to try out some car changes because tire strategy was never really involved. He pitted every chance he had, even knowing it would be impossible to race back to his position.

Felt bad for the 24..

As far as Nascar making such huge changes in mid-season seems a bit off to me. Normally that much of a change is reserved for the following year after many drivers/teams have had time to test the changes.

Still did not really change all the much, the brickyard still got spread way out and passing was not all that great. Fast cars cannot drive through the field, pretty much stuck where you restart, +/- 5 spots. It is ALL ABOUT TRACK POSITION, not the faster driver/car - not winning. I have been lucky enough to go to the brickyard twice, I was there when Gordon slammed the wall and the heat from the fireball was incredible. But, most of the day was boring as it has been for years.

The 10 car was up and down all day, was really hoping she would do better. She almost mirrors her boss in performance.

The 15 seems to always claim it was someone else's fault, Sunday it was all him. lol I actually like Clint, he is also very comical to listen to his in-car, makes for great times. Karma bit him. haha.

I am still liking the booth much better with Latarte, he actually is critical of the strategies and then explains why. Blows the Waltrips out of the water! Nice change, but why the heck does NBC put it on NBCSN; so many people cannot even tune into that station, and they want to know why ratings are less than expected. My brother has to listen to it on the radio because his provider does not even offer NBCSN.

That's my race recap how I saw it.

311-420 08-03-2015 09:41 PM

Jeff Burton. My new favorite commentator.

TKat13 08-04-2015 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1604975)
Jeff Burton. My new favorite commentator.

Agreed!

311-420 08-14-2015 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKat13 (Post 1604984)
Agreed!

I'm liking Steve LeTarte, too, actually. They're bringing more of the technical side of racing into the broadcasts which is exactly what I've always wanted.

falcongtho3 11-22-2015 08:53 PM

I can't believe SOMEONE ( I won't say who...311-420) hasn't posted up!?!

:borg:

slojunk91 11-22-2015 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1608825)

Give it a little while I'm sure..Nice job Kyle!!!

311-420 11-23-2015 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1608825)

Comeback story of a lifetime, perhaps? Well done 18 team! And taking the checkers made it that much more awesome! Hahahahahaha :gears: :claus:

falcongtho3 11-23-2015 06:53 AM

A lot of people, myself included, were pulling for him to win as a great ending to a comeback story that few others could pull off. It's also a bit of a stick in the eye to NASCAR and its 'rules' package. Good for Kyle!

TKat13 11-23-2015 12:19 PM

Congrats to Kyle and well done (still not a fan but I can respect his driving abilities) ... on a side note:

I wonder which team cheated the most this year; Penske, Gibbs or Hendrick and SHR?

All were caught with many infractions this year even up to the end. I loved watching the 48 car's jackman hip check the side of the 48 to give it an aero advantage. That was slick, but still cheating and should have received a much greater penalty than an end of line ruling.

The one thing I noticed this year was it was really these teams throughout the year that would dominate at varying times; I wonder how closely this followed ways that they were cheating but not yet caught. I know it is part of the sport to push the envelope, just curious if this is why the other teams are not competitive, are they just not cheating? Something I think about and figured I would share.

311-420 11-23-2015 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKat13 (Post 1608843)
Congrats to Kyle and well done (still not a fan but I can respect his driving abilities) ... on a side note:

I wonder which team cheated the most this year; Penske, Gibbs or Hendrick and SHR?

All were caught with many infractions this year even up to the end. I loved watching the 48 car's jackman hip check the side of the 48 to give it an aero advantage. That was slick, but still cheating and should have received a much greater penalty than an end of line ruling.

The one thing I noticed this year was it was really these teams throughout the year that would dominate at varying times; I wonder how closely this followed ways that they were cheating but not yet caught. I know it is part of the sport to push the envelope, just curious if this is why the other teams are not competitive, are they just not cheating? Something I think about and figured I would share.

That hip into the rear quarter panel was hilarious! :23: Chad knaus cracks me up.

End of the line penalty was sufficient in my eyes. I enjoy seeing teams push the envelope in every way they can think of.

Cheating is getting less and less with this new camera system. And those officials are watching the vids like hawks too. I wouldn't have caught the 48 team. That was slick.

Big Ron 12-25-2015 05:45 PM

Only 58 more days till the #18 team starts defending its 2015 Championship at the Daytona 500 :worship:

Big Ron :claus:

slojunk91 12-25-2015 05:51 PM

And I will be there 14 rows up just before turn 1. I can't wait!

311-420 12-25-2015 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Ron (Post 1610192)
Only 58 more days till the #18 team starts defending its 2015 Championship at the Daytona 500 :worship:

Big Ron :claus:

Longest 90 days of the year waiting for race season to start back up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slojunk91 (Post 1610193)
And I will be there 14 rows up just before turn 1. I can't wait!

Very nice! Are you going to be there the full two weeks?

WalkrTexasRngr 12-25-2015 09:19 PM

I can't wait either. We are going to Martinsville again this year and maybe another race. Watched Kenseth destroy Logan this year live while eating a Famous hotdog and drinking beer. It was glorious. We go to at least 2 races a year. I'd really like to make it to darlington.

311-420 12-25-2015 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkrTexasRngr (Post 1610200)
I can't wait either. We are going to Martinsville again this year and maybe another race. Watched Kenseth destroy Logan this year live while eating a Famous hotdog and drinking beer. It was glorious. We go to at least 2 races a year. I'd really like to make it to darlington.

I want to hit all the short tracks: martinsville, dover, bristol, new hampshire, richmond

Watching those guys keep a 3400lb. 800hp car under control with other cars inches away the entire time is just the coolest to me.

slojunk91 12-25-2015 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1610199)
Longest 90 days of the year waiting for race season to start back up.

Very nice! Are you going to be there the full two weeks?

No sir. I will be there (Well Pt. Saint Lucie anyway) from 2/18-2/24. Got Sunday tickets but I want to check out some dirt stuff at Volusia also. Maybe Friday....Big block Northeast Mods are my deal....Yup.

WalkrTexasRngr 12-25-2015 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1610201)
I want to hit all the short tracks: martinsville, dover, bristol, new hampshire, richmond

Watching those guys keep a 3400lb. 800hp car under control with other cars inches away the entire time is just the coolest to me.

Out of those I still need to go to Bristol and New Hampshire. Out of the others Martinsville is definitely my favorite especially now since it's a decider in the chase. I wanna go to talladega for the experience. I think the last track I go to will be Pocono unless we camp inside the track.

slojunk91 12-25-2015 10:26 PM

Talledega for sure is next for me. Crazy atmosphere no doubt.