2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

311-420 02-18-2015 06:31 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKat13 (Post 1596479)
Tracks need to lower ticket and concession prices that are in line with their core fan base's expendable income and the fans will return. This does not mean the crappy seats for 35.00 where you cannot see any racing but rather normal seating. What is more profitable? a) 60% seating at high profit margin or b) 100% seating at lower margin

They also lose 40% of the people that would buy food, shirts, etc. I am sure they are looking into this but the negative impact of empty seats tells the rest of the fans that it is not worth watching. Heck, many tracks have completely closed down the back stretch seats. I remember at the Texas track where very seat was occupied, my first race there was on the back stretch coming out of turn 2, paid 35.00 for those seats and they were awesome.

Tracks are saying the seating sold % is increasing, but the figures are complete lies as they are closing seats so the % goes up. They also advertise cheap seats are now available, but the viewing is terrible. I would rather stay at home.

It is simple, Nascar is losing fans and in their minds they have to make the racing more interesting and follow the plan of the NFL. But, the real issue is the cost of the racing weekend.

(also, all the changes over the years have confused the fans and no longer can you compare past champions with today's champions as the system is so different)

Yep. Last time I was at TMS two seats cost me $200. And they never open up the back stretch anymore which is where I've been trying to sit for the longest time. Besides that, I just don't like our track enough to go anymore. The all-week tailgate parties on the other hand....

311-420 02-18-2015 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1596490)
I don't just show up to see 1 race. I'm there for 4-5 days camped outside the track (or in the infield) and I see all the qualifying plus however many races they have.

This is how it's done.

WalkrTexasRngr 02-18-2015 07:21 PM

Nascar is cheap compared to other sports for sure. I got charged 50 bucks to park at a steelers game this year plus the tickets are outrageous. I pay 75 bucks a ticket on the start finish line at Martinsville and 112 a ticket for the same seats in Charlotte for the coke 600. Knockout qualifying is great in my opinion just not on the plate tracks. I'm sure attendance and TV ratings will back up that the majority of fans like it as well. I hope they keep it but go back to single car qualifying at plate tracks.

311-420 02-19-2015 03:13 PM

Kaitlyn Vincie is a goddess

Thunderbolt 02-22-2015 05:32 PM

That was a ho-hum race until the last 30 laps. I've absolutely never seen all 3 lanes working at the same time and for so long. That was incredible. The suckerhole usually works for 10 seconds. Not a pencil-neck fan, but it's cool that Ford won.

Big Ron 02-22-2015 07:34 PM

311-420's boy was out with a broke leg and the 24 was on the pole.

I didn't even watch. :santa:

Big Ron

311-420 02-22-2015 09:32 PM

Brian france can eat shlt! So can all the other rich, greedy track owners who would rather save a buck than provide safe environments for the drivers who make the sport that they capitalize on.

There's absolutely no reason for even a single wall, whether it be an inside wall or outside wall, to not have already been converted to a safer barrier.

SHAME ON EVERY TRACK OWNER WHO IS GUILTY OF THIS.

Thunderbolt 02-23-2015 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1596704)
Brian france can eat shlt! So can all the other rich, greedy track owners who would rather save a buck than provide safe environments for the drivers who make the sport that they capitalize on.

There's absolutely no reason for even a single wall, whether it be an inside wall or outside wall, to not have already been converted to a safer barrier.

Keep Hatin'.

kiler be 02-23-2015 09:10 AM

Quote:

:agree: :CHEERS:

slojunk91 02-23-2015 10:47 AM

^^^^x2!!!!

TKat13 02-23-2015 04:04 PM

Quote:

Agreed; not a huge fan of Kyle in the beginning but he is growing on me. The man can flat out drive. Feel bad for him, here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

not a gt 02-23-2015 04:25 PM

No, being a FORD man, I dont feel sorry for him for racing on a Saturday night in the 2nd tier that he came up in how long ago?? Congrats to Logano, and felt bad for Brad, my 2 cents, you wanna start putting safety barriers on EVERY track, when the stands are empty because they pass that on to the fans, that will be a bad day for us, after that doesn't work then what?? It is a dangerous sport..he is still alive with that lick so ALOT of safety enhancements worked, they know the risk when they climb in the car on Sunday (and now on Saturday)..as well, when you are in the NFL and you arent performing, you don't get to go back to college and play some more there till you get better. I have always had an issue with guys that MADE it to the top tier of NASCAR, then the guy trying to get his name on the list isn't racing aganist his peers, but instead being overshadowed by someone making millions, I know I will catch a bunch of s**t for that, nothing aganist Kyle, just hating the game, not the player. Now I have to sit back and wait for Roush to somehow get a decent driver and get rid of Ricky "I always seem to finish around Danica"Stenhouse.

TKat13 02-23-2015 05:57 PM

I disagree about the safety barriers, as time goes along, safety improves, so has the advancement in helmets and rules in the NFL for concussions. Same thing, just different animals.

As far as the bigger names racing in the lower leagues, simple, it brings fans in that would normally not watch the lower fields. It is also a good measuring stick to those new drivers that are entering the field. If they can beat the greats then they are ready to move up. I really when the big names go down to the grass roots level and race, brings those leagues in the spot light where there is very little attention. But, there are always risks when those drivers dip into those leagues, look at Stewart and now Bush. They are around less proven drivers so the risks do go up. I am very pleased at Nascar for not allowing them to run for the championship in both levels, this is a good thing.

Nothing against Larry, just a different opinion. :thumbsup:

falcongtho3 03-29-2015 02:42 PM

Was looking for the race and find out it is on Fox1??? Then go to the race schedule and find out this isn't the only one, and later races are coming on NBCSN as well? Who got ate up with a case of the big stupids?
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-c.../schedule.html
I'm not currently paying for the ridiculous upgrades I have to shell out extra bucks for to get these premium channel upgrades, and this isn't going to make me reach into my wallet deeper to do so. Consider this viewer pretty much lost.

:borg:

Thunderbolt 03-30-2015 04:20 AM

All I have is expanded basic cable and I get Fox 1. Cable is such a ripoff , though. I pay $200 just for basic cable and internet. No HBO or anything.

Thunderbolt 05-03-2015 05:14 PM

I didn't hear all of what Harvick said about Nascar being stagnant, but I can agree with him if he meant they need a better variety of tracks. Right now you have 8 races that are 3/4 mile or shorter/road courses. You've got 28 races that are 1 mile or bigger tracks.

To me, they need to add two more road course races at Sonoma/Watkins Glen, plus add another road course race at another track (2 races). They should add two Iowa Speedway races to the Cup schedule (7/8th's mile) and add another two race short track to the schedule also.

This would give you 16 short track/road courses and 20 one mile and bigger tracks. That's a far better variety. I hate the points system and this "win and you're in" crap, but I know that isn't gonna change. They'll probably just make it worse.

311-420 05-05-2015 07:37 AM

Nice job by the 88 team. I couldn't believe that thing made it the last 7 laps with the water temp pegged and still won. True testament to their engine dept.

slojunk91 05-05-2015 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1600687)
Nice job by the 88 team. I couldn't believe that thing made it the last 7 laps with the water temp pegged and still won. True testament to their engine dept.

I agree...great job by DJR & 88 team. Longest 7 laps ever.

Big Ron 06-28-2015 09:27 PM

Looks like Kyle Busch (broke leg and all) won in Sonoma.

Guess 311-420 is still celebrating :CHEERS: or asleep :28:

Big Ron

TKat13 06-29-2015 12:00 PM

It was a fun race; hard racing everywhere. I was actually glad to see Kyle win it and I am not a hardcore Kyle fan, in fact I really did not like him when he was younger but he is growing on me.

My only complaint is JR should have gave Smoke chrome horn on many occasions, he was just to nice to Smoke only because he knows Tony is a hot head and would have hit him back; but if the role was reversed Tony would have moved Jr out of the way without a single thought.

TKat13 06-29-2015 12:02 PM

I should add, the broadcast coverage was terrible once again. They need to give more coverage to people in the back of the field, more specifically when a 5th place car is sent to the back of the field for a rules violation, I would love to see him race back up through the field, that would be exciting to watch.

311-420 06-29-2015 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Ron (Post 1603488)
Looks like Kyle Busch (broke leg and all) won in Sonoma.

Guess 311-420 is still celebrating :CHEERS: or asleep :28:

Big Ron

I work on Sundays so I have to record and watch later. Unfortunately, social media and people here at work tend to spoil the endings of the race's for me. But I'll take a spoiler like this every week. :23:

Go KB! :gears:

311-420 06-29-2015 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKat13 (Post 1603504)
I should add, the broadcast coverage was terrible once again. They need to give more coverage to people in the back of the field, more specifically when a 5th place car is sent to the back of the field for a rules violation, I would love to see him race back up through the field, that would be exciting to watch.

Sometimes I wish they'd just shut up, go to the camera mounted either to the front fascia or roof and leave it there on that one car. Let us watch the race from the drivers point of view. See what he sees. Hear what he hears.

not a gt 07-06-2015 10:39 AM

Freakin Little E :mad:
As usual, Danica right in it at the start

Amazing how good the fence worked, could have been ALOT worse, I call first dibs on motor/tranny combo

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...fans/29756453/

Loved the front bumper cam, good call 311-420 (BTW your boy been looking a little rusty, bad spot trying to get in top 30, taking some risk to get there)

TKat13 07-06-2015 11:03 AM

whoohooo! Go Dale! :butt:

It was a late night and I am super happy with not only the outcome but the TV commentators are actually good on NBC! Just seemed like they spoke with knowledge and not what everyone wanted them to hear, loved how Latarte was completely disagreeing with running in the back at the beginning of the race and explaining why, even so far as to disagree with other 'drivers' opinions. I liked it. Of course Burton was good as well; met him a few times and he seemed very genuine.

The fence worked and did its job but man was it close to its breaking point. I was jumping up cheering Jr. but then sitting right back down thinking OMG!!! Whew, that was a close one.

Jimmy did everything he could but Jr was a monster last night.