2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

311-420 11-16-2014 10:52 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Nice, tight race for the Cup. Certainly not my pick, but whatever. Congrats to them. :CHEERS:

Big Ron 01-21-2015 09:04 PM

Daytona 500 (February 22nd)...only 32 more days!

Big Ron :28:

311-420 01-21-2015 09:29 PM

Longest 90 days of the year.

TKat13 01-21-2015 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1595141)
Longest 90 days of the year.

After hearing yet another example of Patriots cheating I can't wait for Nascar to return. I take the 'messing with the football' the same kind of severe altercation Nascar teams get when messing with Fuel additives. Park the Patriots!

WalkrTexasRngr 01-22-2015 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKat13 (Post 1595150)
After hearing yet another example of Patriots cheating I can't wait for Nascar to return. I take the 'messing with the football' the same kind of severe altercation Nascar teams get when messing with Fuel additives. Park the Patriots!

I can't wait either. I'm ready. Curious to see if the rule change will fix aero push. Also curious to see how the new pit cameras are going to work.

falcongtho3 01-23-2015 07:04 AM

So Gordon is going to start winding it down? Wonder what's next? Fill in driver? Team owner?

:borg:

MAD_MACh1 01-23-2015 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1595222)
So Gordon is going to start winding it down? Wonder what's next? Fill in driver? Team owner?

**** that makes me feel old as I remember when he was the new kid on the block.

WalkrTexasRngr 01-23-2015 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1595222)

Chase Elliot. I think he's running a few races with Hendrick this season.

slojunk91 01-23-2015 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkrTexasRngr (Post 1595244)
Chase Elliot. I think he's running a few races with Hendrick this season.

Yup. Chase Elliott will fill the seat in '16. Don't be surprised to see Gordon still run quite a few races,just not a full schedule.

TKat13 01-23-2015 06:20 PM

Chase will do well in the 24; Gordon will be focusing on team ownership for his kid's racing endeavors... I have always wondered if he will just quietly walk away or join the ranks of commentators.

Thunderbolt 01-23-2015 08:31 PM

Gordon is only gonna be 44 this year. With that guys talent, he'll be a threat to win races at 50, where most drivers are washed up and just turning in laps. He only needs 12 more wins and he passes David Pearson for 2nd most wins. I'm not a Gordon fan at all, but I still think he'll be around awhile.

falcongtho3 01-23-2015 08:48 PM

think he has frustration with the chase and how it has probably cost him a championship or two, but his ongoing back issues are probably something that figures in more than he might want to admit.

not a gt 01-23-2015 08:51 PM

He made a smart move, go out while most wins for active drivers.When he started pumpimg out kids you could see the fire was dimming in his driving style..good riddance, now if I could get Reid, Feinstein, Pelosi, etc to retire, all would be well, sorry, off topic for a minute. No what sucks was when I lost Matt Kenseth, now this....

http://tireball.com/nascar/2014/09/1...-matt-kenseth/

Big Ron 01-23-2015 09:26 PM

I had always hoped that Texas would be one of the tracks that he would never win, but alas the little @#$* won in 2009!

Big Ron :CHEERS:

slojunk91 01-24-2015 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1595287)
think he has frustration with the chase and how it has probably cost him a championship or two, but his ongoing back issues are probably something that figures in more than he might want to admit.

I believe that's exactly what it is. That and family.

Thunderbolt 02-14-2015 10:42 PM

That was an entertaining Unlimited race. Funny watching Truex look like a yo-yo blocking everyone. Pencil-neck Logano was lucky he didn't get his butt kicked with all the bumping he did the whole race. "Super G?". Was that guy serious when he called Gordon that? Get real.

kiler be 02-16-2015 07:00 PM

What the He!! was that on Sunday. Qualifing????????:wtf:
Dumbest thing nascar has come up with yet.
I guess they can pick who ever they want to promote and give them the pole.
Nice way to start Jeff Gordon's fairwell tour.
I don't have 24 synchronized stop watchs to see if its right or wrong. :rolleyses
Rant over.
The race Sat. night was fun to watch.

311-420 02-17-2015 07:40 AM

Single car qualifying is the only way to do it. It exposes/showcases the teams' cars and also the track conditions. When they do this knockout BS the only thing they can do is try not to get their equipment (that they've spent countless hours and dollars on) torn up.

slojunk91 02-17-2015 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1596414)
Single car qualifying is the only way to do it. It exposes/showcases the teams' cars and also the track conditions. When they do this knockout BS the only thing they can do is try not to get their equipment (that they've spent countless hours and dollars on) torn up.

Agree,knockout bs. Especially at a plate track. To easy to tear up your stuff.

311-420 02-17-2015 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slojunk91 (Post 1596422)
Agree,knockout bs. Especially at a plate track. To easy to tear up your stuff.

I'll be interested to see if mr france makes a change during the season for qualifying. I know what the teams, drivers, sponsors and fans want. And this isn't it.

slojunk91 02-17-2015 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1596431)
I'll be interested to see if mr france makes a change during the season for qualifying. I know what the teams, drivers, sponsors and fans want. And this isn't it.

I think you will see a change for the plate races at least. Watch it happen before Talledega I'll bet.

kiler be 02-18-2015 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1596431)

:agree: but look at all the changes this mr. france has made. Every one has been WRONG and ran fans away from the sport. Just look at the lack of fans in the stands.
I was one of those fans and went to 5-6 races a year.......now it very hard to even watch a race on TV. I've got to be BORED with nothing else to do to watch a race now. I still watch now and then and hope mr.france gets NASCAR back on track, but he seems to be the King of FAIL.
I thought the race Sat. night was fun to watch.....but then came Sunday. :wall:
If he want to put the cars on the track to qualifing, run heat races like
most short tracks do. 10-12 cars per heat race.
If they want to save their 500 car for the race, OK.
As long as the pass tech, OK.

TKat13 02-18-2015 12:52 PM

Tracks need to lower ticket and concession prices that are in line with their core fan base's expendable income and the fans will return. This does not mean the crappy seats for 35.00 where you cannot see any racing but rather normal seating. What is more profitable? a) 60% seating at high profit margin or b) 100% seating at lower margin

They also lose 40% of the people that would buy food, shirts, etc. I am sure they are looking into this but the negative impact of empty seats tells the rest of the fans that it is not worth watching. Heck, many tracks have completely closed down the back stretch seats. I remember at the Texas track where very seat was occupied, my first race there was on the back stretch coming out of turn 2, paid 35.00 for those seats and they were awesome.

Tracks are saying the seating sold % is increasing, but the figures are complete lies as they are closing seats so the % goes up. They also advertise cheap seats are now available, but the viewing is terrible. I would rather stay at home.

It is simple, Nascar is losing fans and in their minds they have to make the racing more interesting and follow the plan of the NFL. But, the real issue is the cost of the racing weekend.

(also, all the changes over the years have confused the fans and no longer can you compare past champions with today's champions as the system is so different)

Thunderbolt 02-18-2015 03:35 PM

Nascar may have been family oriented back in the 60's, 70's, 80's, but you can forget about cheap prices for anything Nascar in the past 20 years. Everytime I've gone to a race, it's cost me at least $500 for just myself, but to me it's well worth it. I don't just show up to see 1 race. I'm there for 4-5 days camped outside the track (or in the infield) and I see all the qualifying plus however many races they have. I've never considered it a cheap sport to follow.

not a gt 02-18-2015 03:46 PM

There are changes in drivers, teams and sponsors..yet I have to endure the 3 clowns every weekend calling the race. It was even worst for the shoot out (oh, thats right..Unlimited) having Darrell AND his non driving son on the air at the same time..lets get some fresh faces in the booth, and bring back the IROC series please ;)