2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Power Adders (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Custom Intake Carbureted & Nitrous Setup (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=76408)

littlemags 08-31-2010 03:10 PM

Re: Custom Intake Carbureted & Nitrous Setup

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy (Post 1314731)
"HOLLY *****" is right! I'm praying for 3100.

i wont even come close to that!

G 08-31-2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 1314765)
Phil said he took lessons from Wodney and"Project Blue Swiss Cheese"!:claus:

Please! Yellow is lighter and it's the color of most cheese. :23:

It looks good Phil, I'm looking forward to some vids. :smokin:

Phil 09-09-2010 12:16 AM

Jeff fired up the motor tonight.:eyebrows: As he stated "it roared to life tonight" However, I'm on 2nd shift now.:angry: I plan on going out to his shop this Saturday with my video camera.

bdmach1 09-09-2010 12:06 PM

That is great news Phil...glad to hear that!!! Can't wait for the video!!!:smokin:

Phil 09-11-2010 12:36 PM

It sounds awesome, the vid does not do the sound justice. It revs very quick.

Timming was only at 18-19 degrees on pump 94 octane fuel for initial breakin. The stainless coated gapless top rings will take some time to seal. The motor will be run thru several heat cycles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CULxP1HkFSk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkjL9d3hUtQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNsmh4q1UFU

White04Mach 09-11-2010 04:21 PM

:surprise:

bdmach1 09-12-2010 08:49 AM

Badass Phil......sounds great!!! Don't forget to take the camera with you when you guys take the car out on her maiden voyage!:smokin:

Phil 09-12-2010 01:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Pic of M/T 28" rear street radials/26" front and Billet Specialties wheels..

Found out the rear Billet Specialties 15" wheels do not clear the Aerospace rear drag brake calipers, because they are much thicker then the welds for strength. Jeff had to clearance the top of the brake pad brackets for the wheel to fit. I will have to machine some of the caliper, there is only about .04"-.05" between inside wheel to caliper. Piss me off!!

That's Chris in the background, He works at CRT Performance. He does alot of fabrication, Tig/Mig welding and wiring work and he is very good at it. He has done alot of work on my vehicle. It looks like he's taking a toke off of a joint, LOL!!!

Phil 09-18-2010 02:54 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Pics of the custom fiberglass filler cowl panel & MSD shift light. Chris from CRT Performance is doing an excellent job fiberglassing & fitting the panel.

I will have 2 nitrous purge tubes mounted under each end of the cowl panel, and will purge along the same angle as the Windsheld/A-pillers. The 2 purge plumes will angle into each other about 4-5 ft. above the roof. Reason I have an NX large solenoid for the purge.

Chris_Scott 09-21-2010 10:58 AM

Just curious..What throttle cable and linkage setup did you use to get it to work??

I'm currently in the middle of my own carbureted 4v swap as well, lol

I love the throttle response in the beast btw! Sounds mean!

bdmach1 09-21-2010 02:32 PM

Did you get a chance to putt it around the block atleast Phil???

Chris_Scott 09-21-2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 1320262)
I beleive Jeff went with a Lokar throttle bracket and the cable is for an older SN-95..

Thanks! How is your build going?

It will rev like a rapped ape after it's broken in. Initial timing will be around 30 degrees with 104 octane fuel N/A. In the Vids, initial timing was 19degrees with 94 octane. It will take a little longer for the stainless top rings to seat, then ductile iron.

Thanks a million! I actually have a '96 Cobra ..but I had to sell my old throttle cable when I swapped to 03 heads.

The build is going pretty well..waiting on my one-off custom intake in the mail. :CHEERS: Should be up and running and track ready shortly!

Looking forward to seeing the #s and ETs that this nitrous whore will pull in!

halemach1 09-30-2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 1322315)
Will be installing this Spectre low profile dual 4" sheetmetal plenum, with Spectre 4" conical stainless air filters. I have 60 degree Spectre aluminum tubes ordered too. These can be mounted to the plenum for different air filter positions. This will give me some more hood clearance, plus I think looks much better. This setup will flow 1325 cfm.

:worship:

Big Datty 10-01-2010 06:54 AM

I gotta see this ride in person, it's just looking way too cool in these pics Phil. Is it up at Jeff's?

Phil 10-01-2010 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Datty (Post 1322518)
I gotta see this ride in person, it's just looking way too cool in these pics Phil. Is it up at Jeff's?

Thanks Craig! Yes, it's still at Jeff's shop.. He ran into a problem with my brand new 26 spline TKO 500 that was fully built/2nd-4th faceplated by Liberty's Gear 2 yrs ago...

He went to drive it and it will not go into 1st. Jeff checked all possible problems with clutch throw engagement & disengagement, throw out bearing, clutch cable, pressure plate and so on.. We ordered a new Spec pressure plate. Liberty's gear advised Jeff to use 50wt gear oil, not the normal weight (automatic) trans fluid like GM syncromesh that's in it now.

So, if this does not do the trick, then there is a problem with the trans 1st gear syncro.

littlemags 10-01-2010 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 1322556)
Thanks Craig! Yes, it's still at Jeff's shop.. He ran into a problem with my brand new 26 spline TKO 500 that was fully built/2nd-4th faceplated by Liberty's Gear 2 yrs ago...

He went to drive it and it will not go into 1st. Jeff checked all possible problems with clutch throw engagement & disengagement, throw out bearing, clutch cable, pressure plate and so on.. We ordered a new Spec pressure plate. Liberty's gear advised Jeff to use 50wt gear oil, not the normal weight (automatic) trans fluid like GM syncromesh that's in it now.

So, if this does not do the trick, then there is a problem with the trans 1st gear syncro.

oh boy...so close...so close...

devous1 10-02-2010 06:01 PM

When you take this thing to the track post it up about a week ahead of time so some of us locals can attend.

White04Mach 10-02-2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devous1 (Post 1322765)
When you take this thing to the track post it up about a week ahead of time so some of us locals can attend.

Definitely. I'd roll the Mach up to Norwalk to see that!

Phil 10-02-2010 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devous1 (Post 1322765)

Quote:

Originally Posted by White04Mach (Post 1322777)
Definitely. I'd roll the Mach up to Norwalk to see that!

That would be great, if you guys could come to the track!!! It will be spring time when this happens..

Phil 10-02-2010 11:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Pics of the cowl filler panel that Chris, from CRT Performance is working on. He does excellent fiberglass work and of course all his work at CRT Performance is A+..

Looking at a unique setup with my current fiberglass hood and the Spectre low profile plenum/conical air filters. I would like to make it a true ram air/cold air induction setup by having the fronts of the filters protruding thru the front area or side of my 6" cowl hood..

White04Mach 10-03-2010 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 1322830)
That would be great, if you guys could come to the track!!! It will be spring time when this happens..

Doesn't Dragway 42 still do New Years day runs? :gears: :23:

devous1 10-03-2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phil (Post 1322830)
that would be great, if you guys could come to the track!!! It will be spring time when this happens..

grrrr

Phil 10-03-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White04Mach (Post 1322880)
Doesn't Dragway 42 still do New Years day runs? :gears: :23:

LOL!!

Untill they fix their top end track surface and replace that dang gravel/dirt entry road, I will not be at Dragway 42..

I use to run there when I had a drag bike in the early 90's. I also took my Mach there back in 2004 when it was still factory running mid-low 13's and the track top end was like small pot holes everywhere!! Not to mention all the dang dirt/dust all over the vehicle just going down the entrance road..

I'll go to Quaker City Raceway or even Thompson Dragway before Dragway 42.. It's a shame, because when I was little my Dad always took me to 42.. Back in the 60's-early 70's it was considered one of the best tracks around.