2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

Thunderbolt 11-11-2012 07:08 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Jeff Gordon, meet Clint Bowyer's pit crew.

Rice_slayer 11-11-2012 08:23 PM

lmao And people wonder why I hate and have no respect for ANY hendrick's team, today proved exactly why. Go Blue Deuce! Hopefully Roush is putting time into their 2013 program, these past few months have been just terrible!

Big Ron 11-11-2012 09:13 PM

So I'm watching the Cowboys lose to the Eagles and I'm taping the NHRA Finals....I switch over to the Nascar race and I see every one in the pits. I think it's a victory celebration and then I see Clint Boyer high-tailing it to the pits in a dead run............but all the cars are still on the track with a red flag. :eek:

After seeing the replays I think it was Boyer's fault BUT they were all blaming little Jeffy Gordon. :wtf:

Big Ron :cool:

Rice_slayer 11-11-2012 09:50 PM

Jeff purposely slowed down for clint to pass him and was going to wreck him either way clint went on the track. Rubbings racing, they rubbed a little then Gordon got all cry baby like that we have come to know. How Johnson and Brad were hitting eachother last week, that is good racing. Watching Kyle busch wreck Ron hornaday was different. Still think Gordon overreacted and BETTER be parked for next weekend.

gvervoren 11-11-2012 10:11 PM

Clint Bowyer bumped into Gordon (just a typical racing incident). and Gordon got into the wall because of it. Gordon over-reacted and waited for Clint to catch up to him and intentially took him out. Big Ron, the last wreck that caused the big fight was Gordon fault by a long shot. Like I said, he over-reacted to a typical racing incident.

falcongtho3 11-12-2012 08:50 AM

Everyone thought Gordon was at the bottom of the pile (which I understand he likes), but he was actually pinned to the tool box by his own guys (again, a favorite of his) to protect hmi from Boyers crew. I did see a guy being walked off under his own power with a bloodied face. You also won't see a replay of the interview with Clints crew chief as he made a slip up that the newwork had to appoligize for. Probably see another fine for that as well.

:borg:

Rice_slayer 11-12-2012 10:29 AM

I never saw Clint's crew chief swear? He was VERY close to it but bolted off before he did lol. They have every right to be p*ssed off, They had a legit shot at the title too...

falcongtho3 11-12-2012 10:56 AM

He did hold back a few times, but at the end of interview he said something to the effect of; there's no reason for this kind of bu!!s**t. As he walked off the reporter apologized for the words.

I'm not sure he had a realistic shot at the title, but the events of the day put him out of third place, and I'm sure the payday for foruth is not nearly as good as third, or especially second which became very much possablilty after JJ tagged the wall.

Thunderbolt 11-12-2012 11:42 AM

Yeah, I heard him say the S word. :eek:

Big Ron 11-12-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 1519566)
Clint Bowyer bumped into Gordon (just a typical racing incident). and Gordon got into the wall because of it. Gordon over-reacted and waited for Clint to catch up to him and intentially took him out. Big Ron, the last wreck that caused the big fight was Gordon fault by a long shot. Like I said, he over-reacted to a typical racing incident.

I see now said the blind man!

I over-reacted as I was trying to watch three events at the same time and couldn't keep up. I'll rewind the VCR today.

Big Ron :28:

shadowmaker 11-12-2012 05:34 PM

Nascar is like wrestling now. Its what the fans what to see and the way real racing was back in the day. Just trying to get people interested again. The fight was probably staged.

Having said that, I say 'why to go Jeff. Bout time you got some back bone'.

blown03Mach1 11-12-2012 05:46 PM

First off I would not say Bowyer had a REALISTIC **** at the championship. He has over produced in the chase as well as all season.

As for Jeff's actions, people have criticized him about not being aggressive enough and now that he took action he is getting criticized for too aggressive or just plain dumb. Should he have waited this late to hand Bowyer what he deserved for the previous 30 races, maybe not. But I for one loved every minute if it!

Bowyer will now have to consul himself to the fact that maybe he needs to consider what may have been if I were not a jerk on the pavement.

Rice_slayer 11-12-2012 06:27 PM

Gordon gets docked 25 points and fined $100000, and for the EXACT same thing Kyle Busch did last year? Must be nice to be on the "untouchable" hendrick's organization. And what an ABSOLUTELY Bogus fine for Keselowski, $25k fine for having his cellphone in the car, excuse me, but wasn't his in car tweet from the Daytona 500 one of the BIGGEST things that happened to the sport this year? What a f***ing joke Nascar has become.

shadowmaker 11-12-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blown03Mach1 (Post 1519724)
First off I would not say Bowyer had a REALISTIC **** at the championship. He has over produced in the chase as well as all season.

As for Jeff's actions, people have criticized him about not being aggressive enough and now that he took action he is getting criticized for too aggressive or just plain dumb. Should he have waited this late to hand Bowyer what he deserved for the previous 30 races, maybe not. But I for one loved every minute if it!

Bowyer will now have to consul himself to the fact that maybe he needs to consider what may have been if I were not a jerk on the pavement.

:agree:

gvervoren 11-12-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rice_slayer (Post 1519734)
Gordon gets docked 25 points and fined $100000, and for the EXACT same thing Kyle Busch did last year? Must be nice to be on the "untouchable" hendrick's organization. And what an ABSOLUTELY Bogus fine for Keselowski, $25k fine for having his cellphone in the car, excuse me, but wasn't his in car tweet from the Daytona 500 one of the BIGGEST things that happened to the sport this year? What a f***ing joke Nascar has become.

The reason Kyle got a stiffer punishment was because of previous behavior. I do agree with you about Keselowski getting a fine for that. It's not like he was driving while he was on it.

Rice_slayer 11-12-2012 09:13 PM

They probably gave him that fine for his outburst about the race on Speed where he was swearing lol. He was correct, the way that race was run was absolute s***, but could have toned down the swearing ;).

falcongtho3 11-12-2012 09:19 PM

Brad, as I recall, has been shown doing this exact same thing a year or so ago during a red flag. No repercussions then, but now he's called the powers down for their acitons, or lack of. I thought the same thing he did, as well as the newscasters, when Danica was spun. they should have called an immedite yellow for safety sake. I suspect they were red/yellow flagged out since they had just come off of the Gordon delay. The pile up on the last lap shpuld have never happened.

Rice_slayer 11-12-2012 09:43 PM

Yup, the Daytona 500, he tweeted an in-car view from the back stretch during the red flag. It blew up for him with huge publicity for him and for nascar. They just didn't like a drive calling them on what everyone agreed on. This one was different from watkins glen, that is a road course with minor amounts of oil on it, this was a HIGH SPEED oval track with only 4 turns, that was a dumb decision, didn't change the winner outcome, but definitely hurt a few people in that one.

gvervoren 11-13-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1519766)
Brad, as I recall, has been shown doing this exact same thing a year or so ago during a red flag. No repercussions then, but now he's called the powers down for their acitons, or lack of. I thought the same thing he did, as well as the newscasters, when Danica was spun. they should have called an immedite yellow for safety sake. I suspect they were red/yellow flagged out since they had just come off of the Gordon delay. The pile up on the last lap shpuld have never happened.

I don't blame the drivers for being mad about them not throwing the caution either. NASCAR said they didn't see the oil slick on the track. How could they not!! It was like 5' wide!!!!

gvervoren 11-18-2012 06:03 PM

Looks like Brad Keselowski AND Penske will get his first championship.

Rice_slayer 11-18-2012 07:34 PM

Anyone but Jimmie Johnson. AND Penske will be driving Fords next year, maybe they will give Roush the much needed kick in the arse that they need!

Thunderbolt 11-18-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rice_slayer (Post 1520654)
Anyone but Jimmie Johnson.

:agree: Once the NFL season starts, I abandon watching Nascar. I watched the last few laps of Phoenix and that's been it. This points system sucks. I wish they'd go back to the way it was in 2003.

gvervoren 11-18-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1520658)
:agree: Once the NFL season starts, I abandon watching Nascar. I watched the last few laps of Phoenix and that's been it. This points system sucks. I wish they'd go back to the way it was in 2003.

I actually like the point system the way it is but I still don't care for "the Chase".

falcongtho3 11-18-2012 08:55 PM

I just don't see me rooting for Keslowski, even behind the wheel of a Ford next year. Kinda like when Kurt was driving for Roush...

gvervoren 11-18-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1520672)
I just don't see me rooting for Keslowski, even behind the wheel of a Ford next year. Kinda like when Kurt was driving for Roush...

I won't be rooting for him either cause he is just one of those drivers that I don't care if he wins or loses but at least Brad isn't rude, and constantly blaming other people and putting down his team like Kurt did. Brad's personality is WAAAAY better then Kurts.