2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

falcongtho3 02-18-2012 10:58 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by un gm (Post 1461783)
KB is still an azzhole but that was impressive.

A talented Azz.
that was one expensive night for about 1/2 the teams. Good run by Ambrose, and Biffle showed some real strength as well.

:borg:

Thunderbolt 02-18-2012 11:31 PM

Rusty Wallace went 230mph unrestricted and he said it was'nt safe. That was just 1 car and not 43.

gbranton 02-19-2012 01:34 AM

Proof that there is no justice in the world: Meatloaf lost his voice at the hight of his popularity, derailing his career and Darrell Waltrip keeps his year after year.

mach460 02-19-2012 07:49 AM

You can bet Nascar will put a stop to the bump drafting Before Thursdays Twin 125's, to much money tore up out there in the shootout.
Back in the Petty,Pearson,Baker days if you watched they would dump draft down the straight aways, But would always back off some in the turns,
Its like common sense if you push someone into a turn you will spin, I don't get it. And at that speed your on the edge the way it is ,Just back off some simple.

kiler be 02-19-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1461831)
Proof that there is no justice in the world: Meatloaf lost his voice at the hight of his popularity, derailing his career and Darrell Waltrip keeps his year after year.

Don't forget Mikey. Now we have 2 aholes to put up with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mach460 (Post 1461846)
Back in the Petty,Pearson,Baker days if you watched they would dump draft down the straight aways, But would always back off some in the turns,
Its like common sense if you push someone into a turn you will spin, I don't get it. And at that speed your on the edge the way it is ,Just back off some simple.

Those guys knew how to drive a car. Theses guys only know one way to drive, Foot to the floor all race long. I guess they think, if I can do it in practice I should be able to do it in the race.
I know, if you let off the gas, the pack will run you over and cause the BIG ONE. The old guys ran nose to tail in long trains and it was a rarity that when one guy made a mistake, it would take out half the field.

I still enjoyed the race, cause they can't run the 2x2 thing. The 2x2 thing sucked.
As much as I dislike PEE-WEE.....that was a great move. A sling-shot move for the win, that the old guys would be proud of.

WalkrTexasRngr 02-19-2012 10:25 AM

Watch an old race. IF you can seriously sit there and tell me the racing was better your crazy lol. Hell cars won by ten laps, not ten feet. They also tried limiting bump drafting and it ruined the racing as well because the drivers drove in a line for most of the race with no passing. Leave it alone IMO. Plus if you take the plates the cars will be in my lap when I go to a race. These cars don't produce downforce like an Indy car. Hell I think at speed you can drive an INDY car upsidedown. Thats why all these open wheel drives have such problems switching over. LOL end rant.

mach460 02-19-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkrTexasRngr (Post 1461877)
Watch an old race. IF you can seriously sit there and tell me the racing was better your crazy lol. Hell cars won by ten laps, not ten feet. They also tried limiting bump drafting and it ruined the racing as well because the drivers drove in a line for most of the race with no passing. Leave it alone IMO. Plus if you take the plates the cars will be in my lap when I go to a race. These cars don't produce downforce like an Indy car. Hell I think at speed you can drive an INDY car upsidedown. Thats why all these open wheel drives have such problems switching over. LOL end rant.

No did't say it was better racing just smart racing,,You have to know when to back off..Last lap last night, Bush could have easily spun Stewart out but he backed off just enough,and made a good finish out of a demolition derby.
LOL Enough said..

kiler be 02-19-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mach460 (Post 1461881)
No did't say it was better racing just smart racing,,You have to know when to back off..Last lap last night, Bush could have easily spun Stewart out but he backed off just enough,and made a good finish out of a demolition derby.
LOL Enough said..

:agree: Thats all I was tring to say.
As far as plate racing goes, I get it. You got to keep the cars out of the stands.
The most exciting race I ever watched ,was Wild Bill Elliott Making up 2 laps on the field on his own at Taladaga. With plate racing, you will never see that happen again.

Thunderbolt 02-19-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiler be (Post 1461892)
As far as plate racing goes, I get it. You got to keep the cars out of the stands.

Exactly. I was at the Talladega race in '09. Unrestrict them and then you've actually got a race car into the stands killing a thousand people.

blown03Mach1 02-19-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by un gm (Post 1461783)
KB is still an azzhole but that was impressive.

Agreed, but I prefer he wins a race with zero points, so I could care less.

He is still a twat waffle and I only wish that Gordon could have taken him out in that wreck.

Rice_slayer 02-19-2012 12:24 PM

Twat waffle or not, He can drive. I'm not a fan of him either, but he sure can drive. I wanted anyone BUT stewart to win, and I give KB credit for winning by racing, and not the imfamous tap and run.

birdman941 02-19-2012 01:32 PM

Twat waffle, LOL
I was thinking more in the Sphincter Boy area. :eek:

birdman941 02-19-2012 03:38 PM

All Ford Front Row !!

Edwards on the pole.
Biffle on outside pole.
Awesome!

Rice_slayer 02-19-2012 03:42 PM

Fords are REALLY fast at the restrictor tracks now. Look NASCAR to put more restrictions on them next year:23:

birdman941 02-19-2012 03:44 PM

Toilets did not do too well today.

Thunderbolt 02-19-2012 04:56 PM

Trevor Bayne starting 9th. :gears:

kiler be 02-19-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1461946)
Toilets did not do too well today.

:COOL: They sure had enough chances. Was it me or is about half the cars Toyota's. Sure seemed like there where a lot of them.

birdman941 02-19-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiler be (Post 1461972)
:COOL: They sure had enough chances. Was it me or is about half the cars Toyota's. Sure seemed like there where a lot of them.

The half that didn't qualify on speed........... :MADNOEL:

falcongtho3 02-19-2012 08:53 PM

Props to the Ford guys for putting on a great show for qualifying day. Six in the top 10 were Fords.
Want a real eye opening fact? For the past four years, the winner of the Daytona 500 has FAILED TO MAKE THE CHASE! Newman in 2008, Kennseth in 2009, McMurray in 2010 and Bayne in 2011. Scary!

:borg:

birdman941 02-23-2012 05:17 PM

Twin 150 race 2, Kenseth wins.
Biffle was winning and I think he let him by,
as Biff is already going to start on the front row.
Now the 17 is in row 2.

Big Ron 02-23-2012 05:32 PM

I didn't watch but the 1st race finished in this order:
Stewart, Jr, Ambrose, Burton, and Edwards. :gears:

Patrick was 16th if anyone cares :23:

Big Ron

hoodley 02-23-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1463247)
Twin 150 race 2, Kenseth wins.
Biffle was winning and I think he let him by,
as Biff is already going to start on the front row.
Now the 17 is in row 2.

you must not of been watching.
Biffle made bad decision thinking about blocking kenseth and jj
from passing or thought he could lead the train and kenseth shot
around him and took thatW.
if biff was letting him win he should of stay put and finished 3rd not nearly last!:gears:

birdman941 02-23-2012 07:18 PM

Biff left him a gap, and had nothing to gain or lose.
Having Kenseth right up front, however, does have an advantage.
Roush is shrewd, so are his drivers.

02mach1 02-25-2012 03:43 PM

sofar we roushs mustangs doing good NW

un gm 02-25-2012 04:12 PM

Nice. Who was pushing the 30 car? NOBODY. He should buy Kurt bitcsh a beer.:CHEERS: