2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NFL Football Thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84561)

TKat13 09-08-2017 05:52 PM

Re: NFL Football Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkrTexasRngr (Post 1628362)
I like watching nascar, practice and qualifying or I would do the same.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Funny, that is why it took me so long to cut the cord. Frankly, I think I stumbled onto the issue that Nascar is missing with regards to their diminishing fan base; for those with no cable service, they miss most of the Nascar season. I have missed maybe 10 races over the course of almost 20 years to actually watching a small handful this year. I normally attend 2 races a year and this year have lost all desire to even attend a race. The lack of normal broadcasting overtime reduces the fanbase. I would like to say I am still a fan, but in just a few months I have went from serious fan to don't care. Its an interesting result from just cutting the cord, one I even did not expect. Originally, I thought, hey if I cut the cord I would have more money to attend races...

Thunderbolt 09-12-2017 12:02 AM

They were scraping the bottom of the barrel for commentators in the second MNF game. The sideline commentator sounded like a giddy high school boy. And really? A woman main commentator? It was like listening to a fork on a chalkboard. Get real. I watched the 2nd quarter and turned it off.

falcongtho3 09-12-2017 06:52 AM

I couldn't get past the aweful front line for the Saints last night. This is gonna be a long, ugly season for us.
:borg:

Thunderbolt 09-12-2017 11:34 AM

I don't understand why teams pay or trade for an offensive player and then hardly use them. DeMarco Murray wins the rushing title with Dallas and goes to Philly and they don't use him. Jimmy Graham is one of the best Tight Ends in football and gets traded to Seattle and they don't use him. Peterson goes to New Orleans and they barely use him. What a complete waste.

Thunderbolt 10-17-2017 12:09 AM

Detroit is playing like I thought they would. With a $135 million dollar QB that's proven nothing. Patriots should be at most 3-3, and maybe 3-4 after that B.S. call in the end zone and the Patriot-Jet game going into O.T. . They've been more lucky than good this year. Maybe the Steelers actually have a chance to beat them this year. They usually don't stand a chance.

ab_mach1 10-17-2017 09:18 AM

Brady is a great QB, you can’t deny it (though it pains me). I do feel like he would be half the QB that he is had he been on a different team for his career. New England has just been one of those teams where it shows that the people around you are all contributing to your success. Remember when Brady was hurt, Cassell (I think was his name) came in a played well and got them to 11-5. I think that year, the AFC was real top heavy and they missed the playoffs because they didn’t win their division. (Correct me if I’m wrong on that). This team also appears to have some really good luck pretty often too. You could almost say that luck made them into a dynasty type of club, you know, when they got a freebie with that tuck deal against the Raiders. I hate them lol, but I do respect their system and how they are coached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thunderbolt 10-17-2017 07:16 PM

Yeah, I remember that year (2008) the Patriots didn't make the Playoffs at 11-5. I had Brady for a QB in Fantasy Football, then picked up Cassell and he did really good. I had 5 Patriots players going into the Playoffs for Fantasy and then they didn't make the Playoffs. I was so pissed. First time ever an 11-5 team didn't make the Playoffs.

serviceman1 10-24-2017 07:34 AM

If I remember correctly Arizona with a loosing record even made the playoffs.

Thunderbolt 10-29-2017 11:49 PM

So the $135 million dollar man throws for 483 yards and neither him or the running backs get a touchdown? Stafford should give his paycheck for that game to Prater for keeping them in the game.

falcongtho3 10-30-2017 06:39 AM

i'll explain that one as soon as you tell me how the 0-2 Saints became the 6-2 Saints!?!

Thunderbolt 10-30-2017 08:50 PM

Brees is a great QB. To me, a great QB can turn just average players into better players. He's proven himself. They have that certain quality that just eminates off them. Stafford is a wild card. The only QB I've ever seen as a wild card QB and put it all together was McMahon of the '85 Bears.

falcongtho3 10-31-2017 06:39 AM

He is that, and his numbers certainly back him up. Sadly, his one SB ring doesn't define the talent he has, only that he's covering for a sub-par team.

falcongtho3 11-12-2017 08:45 PM

Saints? Going to the playoffs? On a roll? 6 TDs without one being a pass?
What planet am I on?

ab_mach1 11-12-2017 09:54 PM

I think I was more surprised that they were 0-2 than I am now that they’re 7-2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

falcongtho3 11-13-2017 06:41 AM

Yeah, I think a lot of people thought they'd be 2-7 by now.

Thunderbolt 01-14-2018 10:13 PM

Pitt made so many mistakes on offense against the Jag-offs it wasn't even funny. If I can see all the screw ups just sitting on my couch watching the game, then how the hell do the offensive coordinator and coach not see it? East-West runs and passes never worked the whole game, so why keep doing it?? 4th down calls were retarded. The Jags were steam rolling the Pitt Defense, so it would have still been a high scoring game, but Pitt should have still won by at least a touchdown if they would have quit doing the same dumb plays that never worked. Pathetic.

Fauxnali 01-14-2018 10:43 PM

What a finish to that Saints Vikings game!

ab_mach1 01-15-2018 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fauxnali (Post 1629441)
What a finish to that Saints Vikings game!

Yeah, really was a great game. Love it when they turn out like that.

ab_mach1 01-15-2018 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1629440)
Pitt made so many mistakes on offense against the Jag-offs it wasn't even funny. If I can see all the screw ups just sitting on my couch watching the game, then how the hell do the offensive coordinator and coach not see it? East-West runs and passes never worked the whole game, so why keep doing it?? 4th down calls were retarded. The Jags were steam rolling the Pitt Defense, so it would have still been a high scoring game, but Pitt should have still won by at least a touchdown if they would have quit doing the same dumb plays that never worked. Pathetic.

Really was hard to watch.

falcongtho3 01-15-2018 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ab_mach1 (Post 1629442)
Yeah, really was a great game. Love it when they turn out like that.

Yeah...no.

serviceman1 01-15-2018 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1629440)

They should really consider the head coach. Who does an onside kick to set the opponent up for a field goal at that time. I know Steeler fans love him but go back over the close losses and see his stupid decisions.

Thunderbolt 01-15-2018 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serviceman1 (Post 1629449)
They should really consider the head coach. Who does an onside kick to set the opponent up for a field goal at that time. I know Steeler fans love him but go back over the close losses and see his stupid decisions.

My best friend is a Steeler fan too, and he absolutely hates the offensive coordinator Todd Haley and Coach Tomlin. That on-side kick was absolutely moronic. Their was over 2 minutes left in the game so why do that??