2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NFL Football Thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84561)

Thunderbolt 01-22-2017 09:54 PM

Re: NFL Football Thread

That game went exactly as I expected. New England could pass to anyone they wanted and Pittsburgh's defense couldn't do a thing about it. Pittsburgh's offense couldn't score worth squat. I can only hope Atlanta wins the Superbowl.

sutyak 01-23-2017 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1623777)
That game went exactly as I expected. New England could pass to anyone they wanted and Pittsburgh's defense couldn't do a thing about it. Pittsburgh's offense couldn't score worth squat. I can only hope Atlanta wins the Superbowl.

Yeah that was a rough game to watch.

NTMAREMACH 01-23-2017 09:32 AM

Pats-30 atl-27 :)

bris09 01-23-2017 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTMAREMACH (Post 1623782)

While part of me would like to see Atlanta win and they have a very good chance of doing so, part of me wants New England to win. The New England part is because of a friend who is a Steelers fan that said Brady is overrated, sucks, and does not compare to Bradshaw. By starting the game Brady will have started in more Super Bowls than Bradshaw and if he wins, he passes Bradshaw for Super Bowl wins. Believe he would be the only QB with 5.

serviceman1 01-23-2017 07:48 PM

Looking forward to a great offensive game. Could be last team with the ball wins.

Thunderbolt 02-05-2017 11:50 PM

The biggest choke in Superbowl history. Good job, Falcant's.

Big Ron 02-06-2017 03:44 PM

The Falcon's were doomed when the owner went down to the field to celebrate ala Jerry Jones!

Big Ron :claus:

32VALVR 02-06-2017 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderbolt (Post 1623984)
the biggest choke in superbowl history. Good job, falcant's.

:23:

serviceman1 02-06-2017 07:40 PM

GOAT thanks all you haters. Looking forward to more. Even Goddel could not stop him.

NTMAREMACH 02-06-2017 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTMAREMACH (Post 1623782)

I wasn't to far off.

fomoco69 02-06-2017 10:46 PM

Tom Brady & the Patriots slammed the door on the falcons.....they put up a good fight....but were no match for the Brady bunch.....:worship:

Thunderbolt 09-05-2017 09:40 PM

Time for another season. I've got DirecTV this year so I'll be able to see every Steeler game for the first time ever. I've gotten so tired of regional games that I couldn't care less about. Thank heaven for no more Seahawk games after moving out of Washington state. The Midwest has a variety of different fans.

Fauxnali 09-06-2017 08:41 AM

Another mediocre season for the Lions? Or do they take a step forward, with the highest paid QB in the league? Sigh....

Thunderbolt 09-06-2017 10:12 AM

I don't know why he's the highest paid QB. He hasn't even proven anything. At best they'll limp into the Playoffs and lose right off the bat. I can't blame only him. You gotta have the complete team to do anything.

TKat13 09-06-2017 12:22 PM

Today is my draft day; I changed my normal plan. If a player does not stand for the National Anthem, he will not be on my team, if I pick a player and later they do not stand, he is either benched or traded.

Thought I would throw this out there.

Thunderbolt 09-06-2017 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKat13 (Post 1628347)
Today is my draft day; I changed my normal plan. If a player does not stand for the National Anthem, he will not be on my team, if I pick a player and later they do not stand, he is either benched or traded.

Thought I would throw this out there.

Are you playing in a league for money? I don't like any of this sitting for the national anthem either, but depending on how your league plays, you'll probably end up screwing yourself so you might as well not even play. The league I was in played all the way through the Superbowl. Not just until the end of the regular season. So you would be benching or trading a guy or Defense that might make the Playoffs and the guy you pick up might not make the Playoffs or Superbowl at all, costing you points and maybe winning the league. We ante up $200 per person and with trade costs, add/drops fees 1st Place gets $1600, 2nd Place gets $600, 3rd Place gets $400, plus afew other miscellaneous money categories. We didn't play any of that person against person each week. We played just straight up player points each week.

Fauxnali 09-07-2017 09:49 AM

Oh, the Person Vs Person makes it so much more exciting when your with your buddies. The chirping is epic. Its the best part.
We go with a $50 buy in at the start of the season and then have little side bets throughout the year. I got screwed last year, finished with the second most points overall, but with a 2-10 record. Every week the team I was against seemed to have their best week of the year, made for some awesome smack talk.
Have fun this year in whatever league you're a part of.

Oh, and Go LIONS!!!

FordMan 09-07-2017 10:00 AM

LIONS

That is all...

TKat13 09-07-2017 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1628349)
Are you playing in a league for money? I don't like any of this sitting for the national anthem either, but depending on how your league plays, you'll probably end up screwing yourself so you might as well not even play. The league I was in played all the way through the Superbowl. Not just until the end of the regular season. So you would be benching or trading a guy or Defense that might make the Playoffs and the guy you pick up might not make the Playoffs or Superbowl at all, costing you points and maybe winning the league. We ante up $200 per person and with trade costs, add/drops fees 1st Place gets $1600, 2nd Place gets $600, 3rd Place gets $400, plus afew other miscellaneous money categories. We didn't play any of that person against person each week. We played just straight up player points each week.

This year I have decided that I would not play in my 'money' leagues, clearly it would be much more difficult to win money with my new rules. Last year I stopped playing in the league and walked away from the money; that is how disgusted I was at the NFL. Many years ago I did the same when MLB went on strike, I have never gone back.

I enjoy football and last year I turned off or changed the channel when I saw the disrespect. So, I mostly watched the Cowboys play. With that, this year I am trying to stay plugged in and keep my standards, so no money but still have fun.

I do not expect to win, but it is just for fun at work this year. Besides, it became a job in itself to stay on top of the stats; I do not need another job. :)

Thunderbolt 09-08-2017 12:20 AM

What a great way to start the season!! So much for the moron's saying the Patsies were gonna have a perfect season. :loser:

HAEG 09-08-2017 07:41 AM

Neat to see a thread pop up from an old member... 02Mach1
RIP Frank

IMO Pro sports suck, I'd watch school sports or little league any day.....

ab_mach1 09-08-2017 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1628355)
What a great way to start the season!! So much for the moron's saying the Patsies were gonna have a perfect season. :loser:

Yes indeed! I was very happy to see them take the L.

Of course, DirecTV screwed me out of my NFL opener. They must not have made a deal with NBA so they pulled the feed off AT&T Uverse and DirecTV. That officially checked a box on my list and now I'm ready to cut the cord. I'm going to cancel DirecTV and get an antenna lol. I ended up downloading the NBC Sports app for free and watched the second half on my little Galaxy tablet. There were no more or less commercials, so worked out.

Anybody else cut the cord?

FordMan 09-08-2017 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eruza (Post 1628359)

Of course, DirecTV screwed me out of my NFL opener. They must not have made a deal with NBA so they pulled the feed off AT&T Uverse and DirecTV. That officially checked a box on my list and now I'm ready to cut the cord. I'm going to cancel DirecTV and get an antenna lol. I ended up downloading the NBC Sports app for free and watched the second half on my little Galaxy tablet. There were no more or less commercials, so worked out.

We use SlingTV running through an internet modem and wireless router, and local channels off the air via an indoor antenna. DirecTV still offers Sunday Ticket through the internet, but like you I said goodbye last year to Uverse with their high fees and pathetic download speeds.

TKat13 09-08-2017 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eruza (Post 1628359)

I cut the cord last May. Have not regretted at all.

WalkrTexasRngr 09-08-2017 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKat13 (Post 1628361)
I cut the cord last May. Have not regretted at all.

I like watching nascar, practice and qualifying or I would do the same.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk