2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

falcongtho3 07-25-2011 07:36 AM

Re: NASCAR thread

Good win by Carl in the Nationwide series, but this was by far the best part of the whole event!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I-f3MK9yTw

Never been so 'moved' by the invocation...

:borg:

Big Ron 07-25-2011 06:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mrs Joe Nelms.....

birdman941 07-31-2011 01:22 PM

Lots of empty seats at Indy.
"We need more toilettas......................"

falcongtho3 07-31-2011 02:12 PM

I was just thinking this should be re-named the 'Empty Seat 400'.

Thunderbolt 07-31-2011 04:38 PM

I knew Menard was due to win. He needed a new team with better equipment, and he's shown just this year how much of a difference that makes. Now he can show people how well he can race.

birdman941 07-31-2011 04:52 PM

Menard had good equipment with RPM, just no racing luck.

falcongtho3 08-06-2011 10:26 PM

OK...tonights N'Wide series finish was one...to see to believe! Carl was second, behind Stenouse...sort...more like sideways...kinda...

Thunderbolt 08-06-2011 11:55 PM

I'm marking my calendar for next May to go to the Nationwide race at Iowa Speedway next year. If they could ever get a Cup race there it would be classic. My parents live 90 miles away.

02mach1 08-07-2011 01:56 AM

best way crossing finsh line side ways lol

blown03Mach1 08-24-2011 07:10 AM

F'n Nut stain Kyle Busch got off light for his speeding. Lost his drivers license for 45 days for doind 128 in a 45 zone and fined $1,000. What would have happend to you or me if we had done that?

What a great ambassador to the sport called NASCAR.....

http://www.nascar.com/news/110823/ky...ing/index.html

From NASCAR's website

STATESVILLE, N.C. -- Kyle Busch had his driver's license suspended for 45 days and was fined $1,000 Tuesday after he pleaded guilty to speeding.

The Joe Gibbs Racing driver, who won Sunday's Sprint Cup race at Michigan, was charged May 24 for speeding and reckless driving for driving 128 mph in a 45-mph zone in a residential area in Mooresville, N.C., according to his citation.

He appeared in N.C. District Court for Iredell County on Tuesday for a hearing that lasted about 35 minutes. He pleaded guilty to driving 128 mph in a 45-mph zone and no contest to careless and reckless driving.

For the speeding guilty plea, Judge H. Thomas Church gave Busch a 30-day suspended jail sentence with a year of unsupervised probation. As long as Busch doesn't violate the law over the next year, he won't have to go to jail.

He had his license suspended for 45 days (with no limited driving privileges), was fined $1,000 and ordered to do 30 hours of community service with the B.R.A.K.E.S. teen safe-driving program. Sentencing for the reckless driving charge was continued, so there will be no penalties for the no contest plea.

Busch, 26, was driving a 2012 Lexus sports car when he was stopped during Charlotte race week. He told Sgt. Chris Stone of the Iredell County Sheriff's office "it's just a toy," according to the citation.

"Obviously I had a lack of judgment and just made a mistake," Busch said two days after being cited. "And I'm sorry for making that mistake. ... Fortunately there was no one hurt, but that doesn't make any kind of an excuse for what happened and for my lack in judgment for what I did."

Busch faced a maximum punishment of up to 60 days in jail and a suspension of a driver's license for up to 12 months for the second-class misdemeanor if he had been convicted of speeding and reckless driving, which he avoided with the no contest plea.

A conviction of reckless driving and speeding results in a license suspension of 60 days by the department of motor vehicles.

Last month, Busch announced he would be taking an active role in the B.R.A.K.E.S teen safe-driving program developed by drag racer Doug Herbert, whose 17-year-old and 12-year-old sons were killed in a January 2008 accident that resulted from speeding.

The Be Responsible And Keep Everyone Safe program teaches teenagers how to handle cars in adverse conditions as well as general safety guidelines for driving.

Busch, through his foundation, has agreed to sponsor 10 days of the safe-driving schools for 300 students, who volunteer to take the course with their parents. He also will participate in some of the sessions.

His role in the program is part of his public service required by Joe Gibbs Racing.

Any other sanctions issued by the team will remain confidential, JGR President J.D. Gibbs said Sunday.

"Doug Herbert, his sons went to my boys' school," Gibbs said. "And so it was just, for me, it just made sense because he could use the extra exposure anyway. Kyle gets that.

"We told Kyle he could pick whatever he wanted to do, he didn't have to [do Herbert's program]. I think it's going to be good for him to be a part of. The rest of the stuff, we'll probably keep some of it confidential and hopefully we can move on."

He is such an azz clown, but a good driver...

birdman941 08-24-2011 07:21 PM

Kyle Busch, flash in the bedpan.
Nothing but a turd.

blown03Mach1 08-26-2011 08:14 AM

With Danica coming to NASCAR, she said her Sprint Car number is still undecided.

I was thinking she should go with the number 69. She also should look at a Victoria Secrets sponsorship. Imagine a car that has what looks like a bra over the front of the car and a t-back running over the trunk.....

Now imagine the Victoria Secrets sales trailers at the track for all the lady's and guys and the money to be made there.... Checkered teddies, Sunoco labeled panties, bra's with strategically placed goodyear tires.....

Marketing genius I am. Lol

bris09 08-26-2011 12:51 PM

Could be me but I don't think Kyle got off that lightly. That seems like what the average person would get if not more.

birdman941 08-27-2011 08:35 PM

Man they keep interrupting the non stop commercials with some Bristol race.
WTF?

Thunderbolt 08-27-2011 09:27 PM

How dare they interrupt a commercial to show a wreck!! :angry: I may have to shoot that punk in the head in the McNuggets commercial.

birdman941 08-27-2011 09:44 PM

It's probably Bush's fault.

falcongtho3 08-27-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1417566)
It's probably Bush's fault.

George or Kyle?

birdman941 08-28-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1417576)
george or kyle?

:23:

gbranton 09-06-2011 03:45 PM

The sport may have problems, some of which I have complained about at length but I have to admit that the last ten laps of today's race was as good as I have seen in a long time. If there is any doubt about why those two guys are multiple championship winners, just watch the replay. Johnson and Gordon absolutely drove the wheels off their cars in a battle of two of the greatest NASCAR drivers of all time.

falcongtho3 09-06-2011 04:05 PM

I'm in total agreement. Watching those two battle it out with used up tires and a track that was just waiting to bite back was tremendous!
Great racing in anyones book.

blown03Mach1 09-10-2011 10:43 PM

I just figured out why lowes sponsors Jimmy Johnson.....

It is because he is such a tool!

Glad to see him wrecking tonight

falcongtho3 09-10-2011 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blown03Mach1 (Post 1421540)
I just figured out why lowes sponsors Jimmy Johnson.....
It is because he is such a tool!

:yeh::agree::laugh:

falcongtho3 09-25-2011 07:54 PM

I'm pretty impressed that Stewrat has jumped out to forefront of the Chase. I don't think anyone in the pre-chase chatter gave him a chance.
Pretty good finish by the Ford guys, not that their races were anything to brag about before the end...

G 09-26-2011 12:27 AM

Tony is on a roll but how about that Brad guy I told you guys about when Carl whoever was messing with him. :laugh:

That's been like a season ago but he could have easily written off the season after his big wreck. I would love to see him win the chase but according to the news he might finish second to JR. :notsure:

02mach1 09-27-2011 11:55 AM

it was good race tony is hard beat now,