2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

Thunderbolt 07-03-2011 05:24 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

I wonder how many other people won't go to Talladega or Daytona because of the nut to butt racing. I for one won't, and I could easily go to Talladega each year. Seems strange they changed the points system the very next year after Kenseth blew everyone away to get his title, but they waited till after Johnson got 5 to change it again. It's alot of different stuff that has dropped attendance.

Thunderbolt 07-09-2011 07:32 PM

I was expecting the Chicago race, but the first time at Kentucky should be interesting. I see they dumped the Chicago race to the middle of September.

birdman941 07-09-2011 09:14 PM

Currently race is led by "Flash in the bedpan" Kyle Busch in his toiletta

Thunderbolt 07-10-2011 12:03 AM

I guarantee you that race was a sellout. Any inaugural Cup race is huge. I went to the first night Cup race at Daytona in '98 and paid $200 for a $55 face value ticket, but to me it was well worth it.

falcongtho3 07-11-2011 07:30 AM

It was a sellout, and the stands looked full, but from the reports on the news over 20k people never got into the track due to traffic problems! They can't get it right, even when they get it right!

:borg:

Big Ron 07-11-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1404715)
It was a sellout, and the stands looked full, but from the reports on the news over 20k people never got into the track due to traffic problems! They can't get it right, even when they get it right!

....and then they reversed the traffic flow to everyone going "out" at the halfway point of the race. I can only imagine the tempers and the confusion.

Big Ron :D

blown03Mach1 07-11-2011 05:52 PM

Once again, NASCAR screwing with the people who are funding the sport... A couple of more years and NASCAR will be in a lock out or bankrupt.

I know some are going to say this was a new race at this track so how would they have known? Granted it is the first time the Sprint clowns have raced there, but their trucks were there last year and this is not NASCAR's first big race crowd that they had to deal with!

Well let me take that back. Looking at the empty seats in the stands this year, it may be their biggest crowd this year. Certainly wont be next year.

Way to go NASCAR and show your fans how it is done. Maybe they all should have followed the M&M slogan "M&M"s make race day more fun!"

WAFJ...

Thunderbolt 07-11-2011 06:16 PM

That's why you always leave plenty of time to get to the track. I mean hours ahead. If it was me, I'd be AT the track waiting for parking 3-4 hours ahead of race time. The biggest idiots are the ones LEAVING half way through the race to beat traffic home. Morons. I'd be surprised if the truck race or Nationwide races have ever sold that place out, but they definitely should have known to have extra staff ready for the Cup race.

MAD_MACh1 07-11-2011 06:50 PM

That track has had traffic problems from the day it was built. Not really sure you can blame it all on NASCAR. It's Burton's track afterall. Maybe instead of bitching about it he should pony up some of his own cash for new roads. I know if I was a tax payer in that state and they spent money to improve roads for a NASCAR race I'd be pissed, and I like NASCAR.

Thunderbolt 07-11-2011 07:25 PM

The roads should have been taken care of when the track was built, or added onto if it's an old track. Some tracks definitely have better entrance/exit than others, but for the most part where does Nascar put these tracks? In the friggin' sticks, and just 2 way roads to get in and out for awhile. It should be expected. Nascar races still draw tons more fans than any football game, and the wealth of the fans is far higher. Millionares up the wazoo go to these races.

gvervoren 07-11-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blown03Mach1 (Post 1404848)
Once again, NASCAR screwing with the people who are funding the sport... A couple of more years and NASCAR will be in a lock out or bankrupt.

I know some are going to say this was a new race at this track so how would they have known? Granted it is the first time the Sprint clowns have raced there, but their trucks were there last year and this is not NASCAR's first big race crowd that they had to deal with!

Well let me take that back. Looking at the empty seats in the stands this year, it may be their biggest crowd this year. Certainly wont be next year.

Way to go NASCAR and show your fans how it is done. Maybe they all should have followed the M&M slogan "M&M"s make race day more fun!"

WAFJ...

I can't believe that you are comparing the size of the crowd at a NASCAR truck race to a Sprint cup race at this track!!! The Sprint cup race probably has at least 4 times the people there then any given truck race. You can't blame NASCAR because there isn't enough roads to a track. Blame the track owner. It's amazing how people blame NASCAR for everything that goes wrong.

falcongtho3 07-11-2011 08:46 PM

I wouldn't blame NASCAR, but whomever owns the track and sets up the traffic control is seriously underestimating their job. We've got a college stadium that handles more people than this track, and does it a dozen times a year. Maybe they should ASK!

blown03Mach1 07-11-2011 09:11 PM

For those that say NASCAR is not to blame, are you saying that NASCAR had zero say in the race moving from Atlanta to Knoxville?

birdman941 07-11-2011 09:18 PM

Pretty much.
If Bruton Smith "owns" the dates,
he can ask for a race at one of his tracks.

Thunderbolt 07-11-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1404925)
I wouldn't blame NASCAR, but whomever owns the track and sets up the traffic control is seriously underestimating their job. We've got a college stadium that handles more people than this track, and does it a dozen times a year. Maybe they should ASK!

That track seats 100,000 but it'a a 1 1/2 mile track. You've got a minimum 10,000+ more in the the infield.

gvervoren 07-11-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blown03Mach1 (Post 1404931)
For those that say NASCAR is not to blame, are you saying that NASCAR had zero say in the race moving from Atlanta to Knoxville?

So lets say you went to a NFL game and missed the first quarter because of traffic. I bet you wouldn't blame the NFL for it, you would blame either the owners of the stadium or the city officials. NASCAR is not in charge of traffic control around the tracks. That's up to the track owners or the city/State that the track is located in.

falcongtho3 07-11-2011 11:08 PM

I just got an email from MIS about this past weekends fiasco. It's from the president of that speedway and addresses the shortcomings of the planning and execution of an event and how it should be done. It plainly places the blame on the track owners and so it should. NASCAR probabyl should have some oversight, and in the future may do so but what happened falls squarely on the shoulders of Kentucky Speedway.
Autoweek has an online article aobut it as well as an offering from Kentucky to appease fans...
http://www.autoweek.com/article/2011...SCAR/110719976

falcongtho3 07-11-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1404952)
That track seats 100,000 but it'a a 1 1/2 mile track. You've got a minimum 10,000+ more in the the infield.

I figured the attendance numbers quoted also included the infield estimatation.

G 07-17-2011 04:54 PM

I was happy to finally see the ARMY car win. The truck race was pretty good too. It was nice to see the two guys up front drive each other hard but clean. It says a lot for Austin who is not normally high on my list.

WTH, Ricky Carmichael can't get a break. :SMASH:

02mach1 07-19-2011 10:02 AM

I got to KY Speedway early that day it was wow at 9am until 2am give any a hint leave early,:worship:

falcongtho3 07-21-2011 09:13 PM

Sad news for Mustang fans, the new Ford body for the Cup series will be the Fusion, and not the Mustang as was hoped. Ford announced it yesterday. Blah!

G 07-22-2011 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1407754)
Sad news for Mustang fans, the new Ford body for the Cup series will be the Fusion, and not the Mustang as was hoped. Ford announced it yesterday. Blah!

Yep, the 2 door fusion. :D

The stock car racing business is getting to be a joke. :eek:

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/t...G_NEW_0002.jpg

falcongtho3 07-22-2011 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 1407791)
Yep, the 2 door, RWD, V-8, four speed, fusion. :D

The stock car racing business is getting to be a joke. :eek:

Fixed!

:laugh:

MAD_MACh1 07-22-2011 11:50 AM

Doesn't really matter. The only car in the Busch series that looks close is the Dodge anyway. The Mustang and Craparrow look like hell.

falcongtho3 07-22-2011 07:20 PM

I think the Mustang pulls off the lines pretty well, but the GM is an Impala and the 'Yota is still a Camry. Not sure what the other thing you're talking about is...