2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

G 03-11-2007 12:55 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 759995)
Coffe...andlots of it!:smokin: :23:

I'm using an unfamiliar laptop in place of my regular PC which, well, pretty much blew up on Thursday. Thought it was the power supply, so I replaced it on my own. No joy. So, it's in the shop and I'm making due with what I can borrow, but the keyboard doesn't seem to fit my fingers too well.
:borg:

I know how you feel. My notebook poopped out like Wednesday (bought power supply but it needs a motherboard). I'm gonna try to get a MB when my schedule lets up some. The very next day they replaced my work computer for some crazy reason. I still don't have all my files up to date. I blame NASCAR! :crazy: :LAUGH:

falcongtho3 03-11-2007 12:56 PM

It was a custom built job by a local place (Acom). The power supply change out was as easy as any other part I've replaced or added (memory stick, sound card, etc.) but the thing would only power up and then go to a sleep mode. Power but no function. I'm thinkin/hoping it's only the hard disc, which I had bought another with the intentions of adding to the existing one anyway. I just hope that the data isn't totally lost, and can be transferred. I also hope that's all it is and not the processor or mother board. There were bright flashes (flash bulb class) and a burnt smell when things went south. Should hear something middle of this week.

Blackpony04 03-11-2007 01:13 PM

:OFFTOPIC: Let's stay on topic people or you may have yer posts deleted. :D

Vegas should be interesting since they changed the banking in the corners. Not interesting enough for me to watch live on such a gorgeous day, but I'll DVR it and watch it tonight. I'm hoping Mark Martin can have a 3rd top 5 in a row!

rickthestick 03-11-2007 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackpony04 (Post 760014)

Vegas should be interesting since they changed the banking in the corners. Not interesting enough for me to watch live on such a gorgeous day, but I'll DVR it and watch it tonight. I'm hoping Mark Martin can have a 3rd top 5 in a row!

LOL...what does on topic mean??

Blackpony04 03-11-2007 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 760018)

I saw Mark Martin's 18 wheeler on I-40 this past week. Sure was funny not seeing #6 on it.

Yeah, I'm still rooting for him but it sucks he's driving a Chebby. But it is the Army car so that's pretty cool...

Blackpony04 03-11-2007 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 760024)
If he had to go anywhere, at least it was a cool car.

And now we won't have to see Joe Nemechek's mom in her boony outfit anymore! :31: I said I wasn't gonna do it but I think I may actually buy a MM Army diecast afterall.

falcongtho3 03-11-2007 02:01 PM

Quote:

Onlly if you can name me one thread that's stayed on topic for its entire run. Yeah...that's what I thought...:ORANGE:

I'm with ya on the Mark Martin thing. As much as I hate seeing him wear a bowtie (really doesn't look too good on his, but it sadly seems to fit) I still think he's still one of the good guys. We had a discussion this week at work about who you'd consider a good role model from the sports world. Mark was the only one we could agree on. The track probably will be the star this weekend...regardless of the winner.

02mach1 03-11-2007 02:37 PM

I'am taking Carl 99# today he's only one did good on track yesterday.

IMachU 03-11-2007 03:18 PM

I'm with ya Frank...Carl Edwards is gonna do well today!

02mach1 03-11-2007 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMachU (Post 760108)
I'm with ya Frank...Carl Edwards is gonna do well today!

and Matt comes in 2nd.

gvervoren 03-12-2007 06:12 PM

Looks like the two top Hendricks boys were on top. I missed most of the race but I did see the first 35 and the last 40 laps. My VCR didn't recoord it like it should have.:anger:

Azure Blurr 03-12-2007 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 760886)
Looks like the two top Hendricks boys were on top. I missed most of the race but I did see the first 35 and the last 40 laps. My VCR didn't recoord it like it should have.:anger:

Whats a VCR? :3amin:

02mach1 03-12-2007 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 760886)

Speed will have on again on wed.3/14/07 a noon:)

G 03-12-2007 09:33 PM

Quote:

I nascarlike nascareating nascarveggies, nascarhow nascarabout nascaryou nascarguys! nascar

SA :23:

gvervoren 03-28-2007 07:49 PM

Well, it seems like they are going to repave and add progressive banking to Bristol. They are trying to make it a 2 groove race track. I just hope they don't ruin it!!!

02mach1 03-28-2007 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 770023)
Well, it seems like they are going to repave and add progressive banking to Bristol. They are trying to make it a 2 groove race track. I just hope they don't ruin it!!!

What I hear is blacktop it like it was before 1992.

03mach69mach 03-29-2007 08:24 AM

Concrete and changing the transitions slightly in and out of the turns. I love the people who talk about going back to asphalt at Bristol. Back when it was asphalt, the cars were destroying it before the end of the race. The weight generated in the turns due to the speed and centrifical force, litteraly made deep grooves in the track. Talk about one racing line. They would have to pave the track after every race. That is why they went to concrete. The racing is much better now than back then. I haven't been by the track this week, but they said that they were going to start tearing up the old concrete on Monday.

gvervoren 03-29-2007 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZURE GIRL (Post 760891)
Whats a VCR? :3amin:

I don't have DVR. :eyes:

gvervoren 03-29-2007 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03mach69mach (Post 770290)
Concrete and changing the transitions slightly in and out of the turns. I love the people who talk about going back to asphalt at Bristol. Back when it was asphalt, the cars were destroying it before the end of the race. The weight generated in the turns due to the speed and centrifical force, litteraly made deep grooves in the track. Talk about one racing line. They would have to pave the track after every race. That is why they went to concrete. The racing is much better now than back then. I haven't been by the track this week, but they said that they were going to start tearing up the old concrete on Monday.

Boy, they aren't waisting any time are they. But I guess they need to get it done before the next race so they better get at it right away. I can't wait to see the difference from this past race to the next. Bristol with 2 grooves, hmmmmmm Should be interesting.

birdman941 03-29-2007 10:34 PM

Good video here....................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-jqcFQMsfM

02mach1 03-30-2007 12:13 AM

I like that !:MADNOEL: :D

gvervoren 03-30-2007 03:05 PM

You almost gotta feel sorry for the guy though.