2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

falcongtho3 05-30-2011 07:46 AM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1394153)
I've seen tons of races where debri is well off the track and they call a caution, yet when cars are skidding around out of control that means nothing? Jr. was already well ahead of everyone else.

Exactly. If it was earlier in the race or if JR hadn't been out front the white flag would have flown. Cars smashing into each other, and parts falling off of wreck cars aren't reason to call a caution? Then what is? Oh, yes...a soda can!

:borg:

gvervoren 05-30-2011 09:43 AM

The race was not rigged for Jr. to win. Think about it guys, if they wanted Jr. to win, the WOULD HAVE thrown the yellow cause that would have frozen the field and Jr. would have won regardless as long as he could coast across the line. Yes if it was earlier in the race or even 2 laps to go, they would have thrown the caution but look back on other races. When it's the last lap and there is a crash like this, the rarely ever throw the caution. They usually let them race to the checkers in this situation cause by time the cars get back to the wreck, the race is over and they are already well slowed down by the time they get to the wreck. NASCAR didn't do anything different on the last lap of this race that they have done in the past. They WILL throw the caution on the last lap if the cars are all pretty spread out on the track and there is wreck up front but when all the cars are bunched together like yesterday, they usually let them race to the end.

falcongtho3 05-30-2011 10:02 AM

Except that the white flag had not been thrown yet. If it had then the race would have been over. Has they thrown the yellow to put into motion another helping of green/white checkered then Jr. could have possibly hit pit road and gotten a splash of fuel to finish, possibly with a win and given NASCAR what it so badly wants. But their knee-jerk reaction to the moment bit them on the butt.

gvervoren 05-30-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1394181)
Except that the white flag had not been thrown yet. If it had then the race would have been over. Has they thrown the yellow to put into motion another helping of green/white checkered then Jr. could have possibly hit pit road and gotten a splash of fuel to finish, possibly with a win and given NASCAR what it so badly wants. But their knee-jerk reaction to the moment bit them on the butt.

But if the yellow flag flew,Jr. still wouldn't have had enough fuel to make it to the end so he would have had to gone to the pits for a splash of fuel. He would have finished much worse then he did cause a lot of cars had enough fuel to get to the end so they wouldn't have had to pit. In this case, Jr. would have finished well outside the top ten. Either way, Jr. wouldn't have won this race. It was either run out of fuel or pit and finish worse then what he did. There is no way that this was rigged from NASCAR cause like someone said before, if NASCAR was rigging races so Jr. can win, it would have been done a LONG LONG LONG time ago.

falcongtho3 05-30-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 1394183)
if NASCAR was rigging races so Jr. can win, it would have been done a LONG LONG LONG time ago.

They have been, but he's such a lousy driver he can't win the one's he's handed!:23:

Thunderbolt 05-30-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1394181)
Except that the white flag had not been thrown yet.

^^This. While the wreck behind them was happening their's no doubt in my mind that someone was on a walkie talkie yelling "DON'T THROW A CAUTION!!!". It was just so beyond obvious that a caution should have been thrown. In hindsight, yeah he would'nt have won the race, but no one knew he was gonna run out of gas at that time. Otherwise, it was an easy scumbag win.

02mach1 05-30-2011 02:21 PM

Looks like Jale JR needs free gas card from Nascar lol:23:

un gm 06-05-2011 12:06 PM

So who's gonna punch KB today?

Thunderbolt 06-05-2011 12:36 PM

My dad is in the infield standing on a 40ft. long school bus right now at Kansas. My cousin completely refurbished the bus afew years ago. It sleeps 8 and has a shower, toilet, oven, fridge. It's as good as any $250K RV.

Thunderbolt 06-05-2011 02:33 PM

Well, what do you know. They call a caution for a water bottle this week. Far more important than spinning race cars and no caution last week.

G 06-26-2011 09:59 PM

Kurt had everyone covered today in CA. If that race was longer perhaps Juan could have hit a few more cars. :SMASH: :eyebrows:

What a buttttthead

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2011-06/62715295.jpg

gvervoren 06-27-2011 08:51 PM

Yeah, he was driving like an a$$ all race.

falcongtho3 06-27-2011 10:38 PM

Glad he got what he 'earned'. The Nationwide race was a total 'cluster' in the end, wiht 3 green-white checkers and the leader running our of fuel, then the #7 speeding away like he won!?!

02mach1 07-02-2011 02:46 AM

Fords look good for Coke zero 400:thumbsup:

Thunderbolt 07-02-2011 03:57 AM

Bring back the freight train. Nut to butt racing sucks.

birdman941 07-02-2011 10:42 AM

Lots of fans disguised as empty seats at Daytona last night.

gvervoren 07-02-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1402380)

I noticed that too.

Thunderbolt 07-02-2011 08:01 PM

I'm pretty shocked. About 3 people sitting in all of the backstretch seating. I bet it seats 50,000 back there. I hate Kaselowski.

Thunderbolt 07-02-2011 08:42 PM

Hose down the inside of Edward's car! Hilarious!!! :23:

falcongtho3 07-02-2011 09:15 PM

I'll bet is smells something aweful in that car.

Hate it for Carl, and really hate it for Bayne. Looks like Matt might be our best hope, but it looks like Biff might have a chance...with Kesolowski?

Thunderbolt 07-02-2011 10:51 PM

Cool to see Ragan win, even though it was an assisted win. That guy has been way overdue to win a race. I think Menard is due to win a race soon. He's up front almost every week. He's got a good team.

falcongtho3 07-02-2011 10:54 PM

Very nice to see Ragan for the win, with his assist form Matt. I'm sure the redemption from the mistake at the earlier Daytona race is now a forgotten memory.

02mach1 07-03-2011 01:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:UPS: Congast David Regan

blown03Mach1 07-03-2011 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1402380)

I have said it before and I will continue to say it. Jimmy Johnson's custom made chase to the championship is bad for NASCAR.... All he has to do is qualify for the chase and he is awarded with 10 of his best tracks.

NASCAR needs to do some serious restructuring if they want the fans to come back.

birdman941 07-03-2011 02:56 PM

I think it started the decline when toiletta was allowed to run