2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

Azure Blurr 03-04-2007 09:21 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 756264)
Montoya was more at fault but his teammate did move down though. So in my opinion, it wasn't entirly his fault. Just mostly his fault. A little impatient.

What point of the race was it? I can understand some aggresiveness with less than 15-20 laps to go. I got home in time to see the two restarts with 3 laps to go.

02mach1 03-05-2007 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 756147)
MONTOYA SUCKS BUTT!:loser:

It's fix!:idea:

_bones 03-05-2007 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 756147)
MONTOYA SUCKS BUTT!:loser:

his car was so fast he couldof passed him anywhere. bad judgement. imagine there some fights back at the shop lol

xxxxMach1 03-05-2007 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 754458)
Also, how would you hold up to riding in a car for 3-4 hours while the temperature inside can reach sometimes 130 -140 degrees in the car. Plus have to wear all the fire suits and everything besides. I bet you couldn't do it. I know I wouldn't be able to.

Hmmmm so Nascar is about watching guys sweat profusely while trapped in a high-speed enclosure.

I have a new tv show for you! The Centrifuge G-Force Simulator (now with added heaters)!!

G 03-05-2007 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxxxMach1 (Post 756678)
Hmmmm so Nascar is about watching guys sweat profusely while trapped in a high-speed enclosure.

I have a new tv show for you! The Centrifuge G-Force Simulator (now with added heaters)!!

There is a huge difference in the above and skillfully hitting your marks on the track and in the pits. It's a team sport like no other. I watched my dad race modifieds for years as a boy and never thought much of it. When I got a chance to drive a LMS car for my dad, I could not image how anyone could be that good. It ain't sitting in a chair playing NASCAR on the XBox. :eyebrows:

I think you know this and just want to rag on NASCAR. :secret: :CHEERS:

machths 03-06-2007 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav (Post 756950)
There is a huge difference in the above and skillfully hitting your marks on the track and in the pits. It's a team sport like no other. I watched my dad race modifieds for years as a boy and never thought much of it. When I got a chance to drive a LMS car for my dad, I could not image how anyone could be that good. It ain't sitting in a chair playing NASCAR on the XBox. :eyebrows:

I think you know this and just want to rag on NASCAR. :secret: :CHEERS:

No kidding! It's harder than it looks. I refuse to believe that anyone that owns a performance car is that ignorant. If that's his mentality, then I guess that would make drag racing the equivalent of T-Ball since "all they're doing is driving in a straight line." I can't stand the Dakar Rally...I think it's pointless, but I recognize that it's an extremely difficult race to run that takes incredible driving skills, endurance and determination.

falcongtho3 03-06-2007 07:16 AM

Most 'Pro' sports have so-called athletes who stay on/in the playing arena for less than half the time of the event. NASCAR drivers are working for 3-5 hours straight, and if you think the pit stops are a break, consider how difficult they actually are with the traffic, speed limits, hitting their marks and pulling out without hitting a crewman or other car. the fact that someone like Carl Edwards can do that two night in a row, win both races and do his signature backflip is pretty amazing. Same with Tony Stewart and his fence climbing.

:borg:

Azure Blurr 03-06-2007 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 757006)
Most 'Pro' sports have so-called athletes who stay on/in the playing arena for less than half the time of the event. NASCAR drivers are working for 3-5 hours straight, and if you think the pit stops are a break, consider how difficult they actually are with the traffic, speed limits, hitting their marks and pulling out without hitting a crewman or other car. the fact that someone like Carl Edwards can do that two night in a row, win both races and do his signature backflip is pretty amazing. Same with Tony Stewart and his fence climbing.

And Tony ain't no slim boy! :D

xxxxMach1 03-06-2007 11:08 AM

I'm just giving you people a hard time :P everyone likes different recreational activities....and to me, nascar is more mundane than golf on tv. Ya know, golf on tv, the almost universally recognized epitome of boredom. Dont get me wrong, playing golf is pretty fun and I imagine driving a car really fast between a bunch of other fast cars is an adrenaline rush. But watching it and idolizing some silly racers so much that they become millionaires....

Well, I guess if you use that last line as the definition of modern-day "athletes" then nascar is a sport. At least they don't have to put the steriods in their bodies, just in the fuel tank! Didn't someone just get busted for jet fuel? lol

02mach1 03-06-2007 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZURE GIRL (Post 757016)

Tony said he lost 22 pounds at subway.:LAUGH:

machths 03-06-2007 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxxxMach1 (Post 757102)
But watching it and idolizing some silly racers so much that they become millionaires....

Well, I guess if you use that last line as the definition of modern-day "athletes" then nascar is a sport. At least they don't have to put the steriods in their bodies, just in the fuel tank! Didn't someone just get busted for jet fuel? lol

I'll agree with that. Yeah, Mikey Waltrip I believe.

falcongtho3 03-06-2007 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZURE GIRL (Post 757016)

Just goes to show how strong those fences really are!!!

G 03-06-2007 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 757138)
Tony said he lost 22 pounds at subway.:LAUGH:

I think he found around 15 at Baskin-Robbins. :23:

I wish him luck, losing weight is easier said then done. :machgod:

RnJstel 03-07-2007 01:49 AM

Let me throw this out there, I currently am in Mexico City on business.

The race was far far from sold out, and tickets were thirty bucks or about $61.00 MXD.

Its also not really as "big" of an event in MX City as Nascar would have you believe.

However, I just renewed my 4 Homestead Ford 400 Tickets for $600.00! Thats 80 more than last year. Not that the two are related (unless all our "elevated" ticket prices are taking up the slack for the losers like Fontana and Mx City)

This B.S. with the California races and the MX races has to end.

G 03-07-2007 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RnJstel (Post 757604)
Let me throw this out there, I currently am in Mexico City on business.

The race was far far from sold out, and tickets were thirty bucks or about $61.00 MXD.

Its also not really as "big" of an event in MX City as Nascar would have you believe.

However, I just renewed my 4 Homestead Ford 400 Tickets for $600.00! Thats 80 more than last year. Not that the two are related (unless all our "elevated" ticket prices are taking up the slack for the losers like Fontana and Mx City)

This B.S. with the California races and the MX races has to end.

NASCAR screwed up so big by crapping on Darlington and Rockingham. Especially what they did to Darlington, you can't turn your back on where you come from. IMHO they tried to grow at a rate that left many of the hardcore fans in the dust. You shouldn't need a loan to attend a Cup race. :grr:

machths 03-07-2007 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav (Post 757618)
NASCAR screwed up so big by crapping on Darlington and Rockingham. Especially what they did to Darlington, you can't turn your back on where you come from. IMHO they tried to grow at a rate that left many of the hardcore fans in the dust. You shouldn't need a loan to attend a Cup race. :grr:

Yep, the blue-collar American is what made NASCAR what it is today, but they're trying their best to alienate these folks by making races too expensive for their grass-roots fans to attend. Getting rid of Darlington while trying to land a venue in Seattle? Hell, Wolfgang Puck is now catering the race in California. :??: Pretty soon they'll cut out the pre-race prayer and in just a few more years the singing of the National Anthem will be deemed offensive to their target audience.

71mach103 03-07-2007 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 757516)
Just goes to show how strong those fences really are!!!

LMAO

G 03-07-2007 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machths (Post 757648)
Yep, the blue-collar American is what made NASCAR what it is today, but they're trying their best to alienate these folks by making races too expensive for their grass-roots fans to attend. Getting rid of Darlington while trying to land a venue in Seattle? Hell, Wolfgang Puck is now catering the race in California. :??: Pretty soon they'll cut out the pre-race prayer and in just a few more years the singing of the National Anthem will be deemed offensive to their target audience.

I can see that happening. :wall:

birdman941 03-07-2007 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav (Post 758060)
I can see that happening. :wall:

Maybe they can get that internet inventor guy to wave the flag!

Azure Blurr 03-07-2007 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 758077)
Maybe they can get that internet inventor guy to wave the flag!

Rather see Bubba!

falcongtho3 03-11-2007 12:17 PM

Ford's not looking too good in qualifying for this weekends race. Dodge has the first five spots locked up. But...I think that is goingt ohave little effect on the outcome as most winners ahve come from mid-pack. The new track conditions are causing all kinds of commotion, comments and on track adventures. Strap in...this one's gonna get uuuugly. (Also can't wait to see Martins place in points afterwards and if he'll change his mind on his 'limited' schedule run...)

Azure Blurr 03-11-2007 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 759990)
Ford's not looking too good in qualifying for this weekends race. Dodge has the first five spots locked up. But...I think that is goingt ohave little effect on the outcome as most winners ahve come from mid-pack. The new track conditions are causing all kinds of commotion, comments and on track adventures. Strap in...this one's gonna get uuuugly. (Also can't wait to see Martins place in points afterwards and if he'll change his mind on his 'limited' schedule run...)

WTH, you drinking this morning? :ANGEL:

falcongtho3 03-11-2007 12:34 PM

Coffe...andlots of it!:smokin: :23:

I'm using an unfamiliar laptop in place of my regular PC which, well, pretty much blew up on Thursday. Thought it was the power supply, so I replaced it on my own. No joy. So, it's in the shop and I'm making due with what I can borrow, but the keyboard doesn't seem to fit my fingers too well.

birdman941 03-11-2007 12:46 PM

If it was a Dell or HP, they change a couple of pins on the power supply,
(where it plugs into the board)
so a generic replacement won't work.

gvervoren 03-11-2007 12:51 PM

It should be a wreck filled race today! Should be interesting to watch. I like how Stewart doesn't hold anything back like when they asked him about the tires. He flat out said that these were the worst tires that Goodyear has ever brought to a track since he as been in the cup series.