2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NFL Football Thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84561)

stang8092 09-16-2012 09:05 PM

Re: NFL Football Thread

Almost had the perfect Sunday...Pats, Raiders, Chiefs lose but Chargers won. Hopefully, pick up a W in the dome tomorrow night.

punishermach 09-16-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1509278)
Upsets o' plenty today. got a win.

your dam right, im upset my cowboys played like **** today!

Thunderbolt 09-16-2012 10:39 PM

'Aints and Cowpies lose, and the icing on the cake is the Patsy's. :loser:

serviceman1 09-17-2012 02:16 PM

I have to say thanks to the steelers for beating the jets.

Fauxnali 09-17-2012 04:30 PM

Looks like the Niners are for real, not that I doubted it, I knew the Lions would be in tough against them.

Thunderbolt 09-17-2012 09:19 PM

Really? 3 picks in 10 minutes?? Where the hell was this last week? I guess that's how bad the Steeler D sucked.

ASH302 09-24-2012 01:38 AM

Cowboys 2-1
Texans 3-0

moving on up moving on up

ASh

falcongtho3 09-24-2012 07:31 AM

Saints implode to 0-3 after leading most of the game. A major WTF moment for us...

:borg:

Thunderbolt 09-24-2012 05:28 PM

I can't remember the last time I've seen the NFL standings this whacky. It makes it alot more interesting. Heyward-Bey got a dose of the old Steeler-Raider rivalries of the 70's. That hit would have been considered normal back then.

shadowmaker 09-24-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1510508)
I can't remember the last time I've seen the NFL standings this whacky. It makes it alot more interesting. Heyward-Bey got a dose of the old Steeler-Raider rivalries of the 70's. That hit would have been considered normal back then.

Yea that was back in the days of tackle football and not this Goodell pantsy *** no hitting ******** NFL of today. :angry:

ASH302 09-24-2012 11:59 PM

the Packers just got rob big time, how in the world they consider that a Seachickens TD is crazy, just really a shame and if any fan from Seahawks says that was a Seahawks TD at the end of the game is full of it, Packers had the ball no question ask, just sad
i'm sorry Packers fan, ya'll got Rob for sure

ASh

warpony 09-25-2012 12:10 AM

Shame it came to this, but happy with the big 8 SACKS!

24kmach 09-25-2012 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txmach302 (Post 1510585)
the Packers just got rob big time, how in the world they consider that a Seachickens TD is crazy, just really a shame and if any fan from Seahawks says that was a Seahawks TD at the end of the game is full of it, Packers had the ball no question ask, just sad
i'm sorry Packers fan, ya'll got Rob for sure

ASh

With all the poor calls against us we will gladly take one in our favor. :butt:

Thunderbolt 09-25-2012 01:03 AM

The Immaculate Interception/Reception :23:. How the hell could the replay booth look at the replay and not reverse the call? The replay was so obvious. The replacement ref's have missed alot of calls, but that's the first one I've seen cost a team the win. If these replacement ref's go all the way into the Playoff's and make a bad call like that, they'll burn down the stadium if the home team loses.

falcongtho3 09-25-2012 07:21 AM

I don't kno if they can throw out the ntire season, because this is just another case of the terrible calls being made even at the review level. I know the Saints game was a sad state of affairs as far as our play in that loss, but if you saw the game you'll know the officiating was poor at best.

acreature 09-25-2012 10:30 AM

Jennings should have swatted the ball as they are supposed to do in that situation. Would have saved yet another f'd up call, and gotten GB a win.

iudelt89 09-25-2012 10:59 AM

All that call is going to do is give the normal refs more leverage in their negotiations. WIll probably end up allowing them to hold out longer. Sucks.

shadowmaker 09-25-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1510604)
The Immaculate Interception/Reception :23:. How the hell could the replay booth look at the replay and not reverse the call? The replay was so obvious. The replacement ref's have missed alot of calls, but that's the first one I've seen cost a team the win. If these replacement ref's go all the way into the Playoff's and make a bad call like that, they'll burn down the stadium if the home team loses.

For what I understand the review booth can not determine WHO has possession of the football. They can only rule if it was a touchdown or no touchdown. The officials on the field, if you notice were not in the position to see WHO caught the ball only who had it when they arrived. Now, if the event of a fumble, the review upstairs can be made.

Does it suck? Yes it does. AND I m not agreeing with the call at all, Green Bay should have won the game. But remember, that we are watching from different angles, different speeds, and different levels.

Why would the NFL speed up the negotiations? How many people are now watching football bc this is all people are talking about? Who knows, maybe the real officials are paying the replacements to make bad calls to strengthen their cause.

Theres one thing that is the same though, the bad calls are across the league and everyone is getting them.

Fauxnali 09-25-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acreature (Post 1510641)
Jennings should have swatted the ball as they are supposed to do in that situation. Would have saved yet another f'd up call, and gotten GB a win.

HA HA!!!
You must be a coach. That is so right. He was trying to pump up his INT numbers and made a selfish decision. Bad move. That being said GB did get jobbed and yet I dont feel sorry for them. They should have had that game in the bag alot sooner. The Seahawks defense schooled them in the first half though.

shadowmaker 09-25-2012 01:18 PM

Here you go, http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...=Facebook_news

Thunderbolt 09-25-2012 01:49 PM

All you have to do is look at the replay and it clearly shows Jennings catching the ball and he has it pressed to his chest. Tate's 1 arm got trapped in there and all he ever had on the ball was an arm. He never possessed it as a catch in his own hands. All the replay ever shows is Tate's one arm trying to rip it away from Jennings. Looks cut and dry to me.

kiler be 09-25-2012 07:58 PM

:wtf: Well it took a while, but the NFL has found a way to suck just like all the other Pro Sports. The Packers- Seahawk game was the cherry on top of the Sunday. All the other crap happened on Sunday but we had to wait til Monday night to get the cherry.
Sure does not seem like the real ref's are asking for all that much, considering how much the NFL makes.
Looks like I'll be watching football on Saturdays only, til the NFL respects thier fan and players enough to do things right.

Sorry for the rant.....Kiler Be..... out.

mach18604 09-27-2012 10:05 PM

Go browns!!!!

Thunderbolt 09-30-2012 08:57 PM

Do they even make paper bags anymore so that 'Aints fans can use them? Or are they going to suffocate themselves using plastic bags?

The fumble towards the end of that game was B.S. . If a guy clearly fumbles it and 15 guys jump on the ball, it should'nt matter if the ref's clearly saw who had possession. It should only matter who comes out of the pile with it. I don't care if the football changes hands 5 times under the pile, that's just the way it is.

falcongtho3 09-30-2012 09:08 PM

I'm going to opt for the plastic. Would be much more effective. Sadly, I'm more happy with the Saints loss to the Packers than LSUs win over Towson. This is going to be a long season....and dont' even start with me on the Ford guys in the NASCAR Cup chase...beyond sad...