2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NFL Football Thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84561)

np_mach1 01-16-2012 10:25 AM

Re: NFL Football Thread

I dont know if the Ravens can get past the pats if Reed misses the game. I don't know how bad he is but they **** near carried him off the field. As much as it pains me to say it the pats will probably beat the Ravens. ****-ing pats

I like the Gmen but they have to contain Vernon. Not an easy feat. He is a freak. Gmen are playing better D than the Saints did so it could be an interesting game for sure. Those line men like to eat so the game will be won in the trenches. Just hope they have new refs for this game Jeez there were some bad calls.

Firebreed05 01-16-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiler be (Post 1452399)
If history repeats itself..I like the Gaints chances.
The Gaints are playing just like they did the last time they won it all.

My picks

Gaints

Pats.

Same here. Giants are on fire...and have a much more stout defense than the Saints. I don't see Smith getting into any last minute shootouts with Eli.

Pats vs Giants Superbowl 2.0

serviceman1 01-17-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1452416)
I dont know if the Ravens can get past the pats if Reed misses the game. I don't know how bad he is but they **** near carried him off the field. As much as it pains me to say it the pats will probably beat the Ravens. ****-ing pats

I like the Gmen but they have to contain Vernon. Not an easy feat. He is a freak. Gmen are playing better D than the Saints did so it could be an interesting game for sure. Those line men like to eat so the game will be won in the trenches. Just hope they have new refs for this game Jeez there were some bad calls.

Wow I never thought I would read those words from you. Today will truely be a great day

RobbyB 01-17-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebreed05 (Post 1452515)
Same here. Giants are on fire...and have a much more stout defense than the Saints. I don't see Smith getting into any last minute shootouts with Eli.

Pats vs Giants Superbowl 2.0

And the Giants don't have an offense like the Saints, which the Niners did a pretty good job of stopping prior to the fourth quarter.

The Giants defense is severely overrated. They are ranked 27th in yards and 25th in points allowed. The Saints were 24th and 13th in both categories.

Rex Grossman beat them twice. They barely beat the Bills and Dolphins and The SEAHAWKS beat them.

Did I mention the Niners already beat them too?

I'm not saying the Giants can't win, but I don't see how anyone in their right mind would say that they are the favorites.

np_mach1 01-17-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serviceman1 (Post 1452621)
Wow I never thought I would read those words from you. Today will truely be a great day

Yeah yeah :23:

np_mach1 01-17-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbyB (Post 1452639)
And the Giants don't have an offense like the Saints, which the Niners did a pretty good job of stopping prior to the fourth quarter.

The Giants defense is severely overrated. They are ranked 27th in yards and 25th in points allowed. The Saints were 24th and 13th in both categories.

Rex Grossman beat them twice. They barely beat the Bills and Dolphins and The SEAHAWKS beat them.

Did I mention the Niners already beat them too?

I'm not saying the Giants can't win, but I don't see how anyone in their right mind would say that they are the favorites.

I think all of that is right, but that being said, you know Giants are playing better team ball now than they have all year. They kept the falcons to 0 offensive points. 0... It's also tough to talk about conference losses because you know those are almost always a coin flip in the NFC east and the Skins beat the Packers last year before they took the SB, so? Packers also beat the Giants this year before they got man handled this past weekend.

The Giants did have some injuries early in the year on their D and you know the Bills were balling early in the year.

Frisco barely beat Seattle (by 2) and lost to Arizona this year. Let me guess you will attribute that to some luck or late play or turn over. LOL Not trying to go at you, but you are WAY biased on your assessments. Not that I don't expect that type of support for a man and his team :)

You're right Frisco has to be the favorite and the Giants can win, this will be a close game.

RobbyB 01-17-2012 10:07 AM

In regards to the Seattle game... they'd have won by 9 if it wasn't for a blocked punt. You got me on the Arizona game though. That was one bad loss that shouldn't have happened. The Giants, on the other hand have lost a lot of games to bad teams. The only +.500 team they beat all year was New England.

Speaking of New England. They have not beaten ANY teams that were above .500 this year.

np_mach1 01-17-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbyB (Post 1452646)
In regards to the Seattle game... they'd have won by 9 if it wasn't for a blocked punt. You got me on the Arizona game though. That was one bad loss that shouldn't have happened. The Giants, on the other hand have lost a lot of games to bad teams. The only +.500 team they beat all year was New England.

Speaking of New England. They have not beaten ANY teams that were above .500 this year.

Yeah Giants lost to some mediocre teams, just hard to deny the level of play they are playing with right now.

I've said enough nice things about the pats. Serviceman will start to think I'm going soft if I say anything else haha.

RobbyB 01-17-2012 02:02 PM

A Philly fan friend of mine is claiming both NFC games were fixed this weekend.

lol wtf.

np_mach1 01-17-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbyB (Post 1452706)
A Philly fan friend of mine is claiming both NFC games were fixed this weekend.

lol wtf.

:frown: he's bitter.

RobbyB 01-17-2012 04:06 PM

I told him the Saints were penalized zero times for zero yards and that the ref's didn't strip the ball.

One hour later, still no response from him.

np_mach1 01-17-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbyB (Post 1452757)
I told him the Saints were penalized zero times for zero yards and that the ref's didn't strip the ball.

One hour later, still no response from him.

Yup, if the Saints stop 1 or 2 turn overs it may a different game. Can't fault the Niners for playing for the ball.

Firebreed05 01-19-2012 08:42 PM

The Niners did an excellent job of corralling the Saints offense for most of the game, but the Saints did shoot themselves in the foot a few times as well. A couple of those turnovers were more mental mistake than a case of the Niners taking the ball away. There was also a collection of dropped passes, including a dead nut TD pass from Brees dropped in the endzone by the Saints wideout (don't remember who it was offhand).

The Saints needed to play as mistake proof a game as possible to get past the Niners defense, and they just didn't do it. But despite the mistakes, it was a perfectly win-able game for New Orleans. Maybe with one less turnover...or if that TD pass hadn't been dropped...or if Brees hadn't stepped on the gas so hard for that last TD drive...coulda, woulda, shoulda. It just wasn't meant to be on that day.

In the end it came down to who had the ball last. I don't doubt that both defenses were on fumes by game's end...hence the sudden back and forth scoring fest that kicked off halfway through the 4th quarter.

NTMAREMACH 01-22-2012 06:11 PM

Pat's Win
23-20

NTMAREMACH 01-22-2012 06:12 PM

As close as I'd ever like to see it. What a game to the last second.
Brady ties John Elway for the most SB trips with 5.

vertigyn 01-22-2012 06:18 PM

Crazy game! Was on the edge of my seat!

Thunderbolt 01-22-2012 06:18 PM

Nice job Cundwhiff. :angry:

un gm 01-22-2012 07:36 PM

Tough break for ravens. So much for bro vs bro SUPERBOWL. Hope neither one gets there now. GO G men.:devil:

np_mach1 01-22-2012 10:40 PM

WOW that was a **** good game.

jcooper0818 01-22-2012 10:40 PM

Niners are out also!!! Amazing!!

Rematch of a few years ago and i'll be pulling for the giants this time around!!

Thunderbolt 01-22-2012 10:46 PM

That was a really good game. Glad the Giants won or I could'nt have cared less about the Superbowl this year. Definitely going with the G-train all the way.

shadowmaker 01-22-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1454035)
Nice job Cundwhiff. :angry:

He is officially my favorite Ratbird player. Never had a fav until today. I hate the ratbirds and the cheatriots but I hate the ratbirds more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1454137)
That was a really good game. Glad the Giants won or I could'nt have cared less about the Superbowl this year. Definitely going with the G-train all the way.

I was scared we were going to have a Hairball/Hairball Superbowl. I wouldnt have watched it if thats what it was.

AND now still the only 6 times Superbowl Champions. GO STEELERS!!!!

Thunderbolt 01-22-2012 11:00 PM

Yeah, that was another reason I did'nt want the 49ers in it, but if they would have won I would have had to go with them. I would never root for the Patsies no matter what.

fiveliter 01-22-2012 11:06 PM

The G-men are back again!!!!!!!!! Another incredible ride like four years ago, and facing the Patriots again, no less. Should be a great Super Bowl. Going to enjoy the next two weeks as the media frenzy starts!! Let's Go Giants!!!!!!!!!!!!

kiler be 01-22-2012 11:13 PM

Great games.
picked both games right this week. :COOL:
Go gaints.