2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

Thunderbolt 07-21-2010 07:59 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackpony04 (Post 1303261)
And the idiot that repaved Bristol should be shot! :anger:

No doubt. They destroyed Bristol. That track sucks now. I know attendance is down, but that track only filled 100,000 of 160,000 seats at the last race. That's unreal.

falcongtho3 07-21-2010 08:36 PM

It'll be even more interesting to how bad they screw up Daytona with it's next repaving. So far every track that's gotten a make over has been soundly blasted by fans and drivers alike.

Looks like NASCAR finally found its voice in penalizing Carl 60 points and putting the two of them (no dad?) on probation.

:borg:

311-420 07-22-2010 01:35 AM

Kewelowski on probation? for what? A tiny bump in turn 2? Lol. Oookkk :OOPS:

falcongtho3 07-22-2010 07:23 AM

He started it, actually he started it when he put Carl into the catch fence at Talladega last year, so he shouldn't walk away without some kind of reprimand.

311-420 07-22-2010 11:05 AM

That was then

G 07-23-2010 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1303354)
Kewelowski on probation? for what? A tiny bump in turn 2? Lol. Oookkk :OOPS:

Yep, I agree. I can post the vids again if anyone missed them. Carl threw a block on Brad at Talladega and he held his line. It was the last lap and holding your ground seems reasonable to me. No fines from that encounter that I recall???

Next, to get even Carl purposely spins Brad while not racing with him at Atlanta. He was a bazillion laps down and wrecked a car running on the lead lap. He did it in a very dangerous place and was obvious about it. NASCAR failed to issue adequate punishment and now we have the current issue.

If he wanted to race against him side-by-side like Kurt and Ricky at Darlington he could have been a hero if he won or looked up to as a clean driver like Burton or Martin. He hooked him on purpose in front of the whole field coming to the checkered flag. Unlike most other drivers who use some restraint he impulsively wrecks a competitor. He is unstable and needs some education. Sadly he's not likely to get it from NASCAR, they love the fact that people are talking about this and will tune in to see the "next time".

Just like Cole Trickle in that movie, Carl is having sponsor trouble. Jack would have been better off to keep McMurray and let Carl go. He won't keep him long at his current level of performance.

G 07-23-2010 01:18 AM

Oh, here's an article on a few of Carl's career "moments'.

The video where Jr wrecks him says a lot. Carl seems to think it's wrong to have someone wreck HIM to win a race????? He pulls a "Daze of Thunder" move that could have ended Jr's career. What an Azzclown. :smack:

I don't agree with NASCAR pulling points from the team for a "driver" incident. They seem to love screwing Jack over. :confused:

http://motorsports.fanhouse.com/2010...rds-dark-side/

japan4racing 07-23-2010 01:33 AM

what cracks me up is the fact that earnhardt sr. did the same things for his whole career. but he was a hero and the greatest driver that ever raced nascar. its not that he was so fast or so good as much as the other drivers were scared of him...they knew if he was behind them they would get punted out of the way. now you can call it "rattling a cage" or being a maniac....either way it aint right. but why is it that sr. is a super hero for his dirty racing and edwards is an *******?

and as far as the comment about mcmurray...are you serious? what had mcmurray done for roush prior to his departure???? nothing...edwards and kenseth were running the show for a good while there. i dont blame jack at all for tossing mcmurray and keeping matt and carl. even though both of them are not doing so well this year they are still doing better than mcmurray was doing.

311-420 07-23-2010 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japan4racing (Post 1303608)
what cracks me up is the fact that earnhardt sr. did the same things for his whole career. but he was a hero and the greatest driver that ever raced nascar. its not that he was so fast or so good as much as the other drivers were scared of him...they knew if he was behind them they would get punted out of the way. now you can call it "rattling a cage" or being a maniac....either way it aint right. but why is it that sr. is a super hero for his dirty racing and edwards is an *******?

and as far as the comment about mcmurray...are you serious? what had mcmurray done for roush prior to his departure???? nothing...edwards and kenseth were running the show for a good while there. i dont blame jack at all for tossing mcmurray and keeping matt and carl. even though both of them are not doing so well this year they are still doing better than mcmurray was doing.

Jamie mac already won the biggest race of this season. I'd hardly call what Carl and kenseth have done "impressive" compared to mcmurray this year..

japan4racing 07-23-2010 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1303609)
Jamie mac already won the biggest race of this season. I'd hardly call what Carl and kenseth have done "impressive" compared to mcmurray this year..

yea he lucked up and edged out jr for a win....congrats to him...what has he done since??? nada! hell lets look at his whole career...he won at homestead in 03', pepsi 400 in 07', amp energy 500 in 09', and the 500 in 10'.....4 wins since 03'! edwards has 16 career wins since 05', kenseth has 18 career wins since 03'...kenseth is 8th in points edwards is 10th...j-mac is 18th! i never said edwards and kenseth were kicking *** this year....but for ****s sake they are crushing j-mac in all aspects.

G 07-23-2010 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japan4racing (Post 1303608)

Dale's driving style was aggressive but not considered dirty. If you want to look for the main difference between Sr and Carl it would be outcome. Sr was known for moving drivers out of the way if you were in the way. At the end of the race everyone was in his way. :23: Having seen him drive at most of the Cup tracks and MANY short tracks in Busch/LMS cars I can tell you he was very fast and skillful. Keep in mind I was a Neil Bonnett fan and feel he was a slightly better driver.

I'm not suggesting Carl can't drive. He is not a good role model at the moment but might be able to get on the right track. His recent behavior is beyond any possible defense and NASCAR seems to agree. I say next time park him. :smokin:

japan4racing 07-23-2010 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 1303615)
Dale's driving style was aggressive but not considered dirty. If you want to look for the main difference between Sr and Carl it would be outcome. Sr was known for moving drivers out of the way if you were in the way. At the end of the race everyone was in his way. :23: Having seen him drive at most of the Cup tracks and MANY short tracks in Busch/LMS cars I can tell you he was very fast and skillful. Keep in mind I was a Neil Bonnett fan and feel he was a slightly better driver.

I'm not suggesting Carl can't drive. He is not a good role model at the moment but might be able to get on the right track. His recent behavior is beyond any possible defense and NASCAR seems to agree. I say next time park him. :smokin:

i can definately agree with you there...he was more skilled at dumping people and could pull it off better no doubt. and i was not suggesting that you thought carl cant drive that was a general statement. im not saying carl was 100% justified in any of the recent events but in all honesty he did the same thing sr and many others have done before...the only thing he is guilty of is not being so smooth about it.

G 07-23-2010 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1303382)
He started it, actually he started it when he put Carl into the catch fence at Talladega last year, so he shouldn't walk away without some kind of reprimand.

No penalty for the same thing Brad did went to Kurt or Jimmie at New Hampshire. It may have been in order for JJ since he said he intended to wreck Kurt. :23:

Pretty much intentionally wrecking somebody is wrong regardless of reason. It don't matter who does it. I've been tempted in Karts or Legends but never have done it. I've be pushed around some and have done more than my share of pushing back but have never intentionally wrecked anyone. :mean!:

MAD_MACh1 07-23-2010 06:54 PM

The 26 team at Roush is a testing team. They are to try stuff when the "top teams" can't afford to. That's why Johnny Benson left years ago. So compairing stats is a little unfair.

The whole deal with tally was caused by the yellow line rule. Carl wanted back down and brad couldn't go below the line and all hell broke loose. Same thing at Daytone between the !4 and the 18 last year. If it was up to me I bulldoze both those tracks and replace them with short tracks like bristol.

However the real loosers in all this are all the other teams that got caught up in the aftermath. Racing is expensive enough and nothing worse for true Busch err Nationwide teams is to get the stuff wrecked by to cup "stars" playing tit for tat.

japan4racing 07-23-2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAD_MACh1 (Post 1303805)
The 26 team at Roush is a testing team. They are to try stuff when the "top teams" can't afford to. That's why Johnny Benson left years ago. So compairing stats is a little unfair.

i wasnt comparing stats of jmac in the 26 to matt and carl...i was comparing careers of all three. anyway you slice the cake jmacs piece is smaller. its fact..i cant make this stuff up.

NJOHC 07-23-2010 10:53 PM

Carl didn't spinn brad at Atlanta because of the 'dega incident. He spun him because of an earlier incident in that race which was the reason he was a bazillion laps down.

311-420 07-24-2010 10:21 PM

How 'bout the nationwide race!

#18 FTW (again) :gears:

G 07-25-2010 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJOHC (Post 1303876)
Carl didn't spinn brad at Atlanta because of the 'dega incident. He spun him because of an earlier incident in that race which was the reason he was a bazillion laps down.

I agree but that incident on lap 41 was also Carl's fault. Brad was as low as he could get and Carl comes down on him. Go to 2:55 in the vid below, it's clear as day. Brad has not made many friends with his style of driving but he seems to have problems with the same few drivers. Hamlin, Edwards, and bigEars all have issues with him. :worship:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5FgeopsJKIM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5FgeopsJKIM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

japan4racing 07-25-2010 02:03 AM

blame carl all you want..its the same manuever that many of have done in the past. start watching at 3:22.....all the flaps came up the rear wing caused it all. place all the same variables in that wreck but change the wing to a spoiler and you dont have any airborn cars....nascar knows it and thats why they run the spoiler now. that wing creates lift when the car is turned around..simple as that. i dont see what the problem is here. carl did what tons of drivers have done but because nascar allowed a shitty design on the car carl has to take the blame and be a jerk? its racing...its tit for tat. let them race. they did the same **** all through the 60's, 70's, and 80's and it was never an issue...why is it now? sould he have spun him? hell no....he shouldnt have....but if the car had just spun around and hit a wall would it be drawing as much criticism? hell no....the only reason is because of that wing.

G 07-25-2010 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japan4racing (Post 1304194)
blame carl all you want..its the same manuever that many of have done in the past. start watching at 3:22.....all the flaps came up the rear wing caused it all. place all the same variables in that wreck but change the wing to a spoiler and you dont have any airborn cars....nascar knows it and thats why they run the spoiler now. that wing creates lift when the car is turned around..simple as that. i dont see what the problem is here. carl did what tons of drivers have done but because nascar allowed a shitty design on the car carl has to take the blame and be a jerk? its racing...its tit for tat. let them race. they did the same **** all through the 60's, 70's, and 80's and it was never an issue...why is it now? sould he have spun him? hell no....he shouldnt have....but if the car had just spun around and hit a wall would it be drawing as much criticism? hell no....the only reason is because of that wing.

Carl knew the car had a wing didn't he? I'm sure it's all over. Brad has promised no payback and Carl is done at Roush next time. He didn't even wreck bigears this evening. :23:

311-420 07-25-2010 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 1304212)
Carl knew the car had a wing didn't he? I'm sure it's all over. Brad has promised no payback and Carl is done at Roush next time. He didn't even wreck bigears this evening. :23:

carl's just lucky he had 4 fresh ones and bigears had 1,000-lap-old tires on, otherwise there wouldnt have been any resemblence of a race :33:

gvervoren 07-25-2010 10:31 AM

You know, I'm sitting here reading all these post complaining about Carl spinnind Brad out and NASCAR not policing like they did a year ago but you know what, that is how NASCAR used to be. What do you think Dale Sr. was known for. That is why he was called the intiminator. The last few years, everyone was complaining that NASCAR was too strict and they weren't letting the drivers express themselves. Now they let them and people are complaining about it. NASCAR just can't win.

japan4racing 07-25-2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 1304212)

yea he knew it had a wing...so he obviously was just trying to kill the boy:12:

i guess carl can placed in the books next to the old tony stewart, kyle busch, and dale sr. this can only mean one of 2 things for us 99 fans...he will either fizzle away and never do anything again, or he will die suddenly and become a hero. i guess its up to nascar to script it now right? haha:23:

falcongtho3 07-25-2010 01:25 PM

And Kyle manages to bonehead his first lap tonight and screw up a few other peoples day...Should make for an interesting 399 more miles...

Thunderbolt 07-25-2010 02:09 PM

I like the race car hauler commercial. :31: