2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NFL Football Thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84561)

PrISM 11-19-2008 08:01 AM

Re: NFL Football Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1073537)
you should be worried...at the end of the day you've got baby eli playing on your team

Baby Eli? I venture that Eli Manning has more experience running an offense than Tony Romo does.

65fastback2+2 11-19-2008 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 1073606)
You take an overly simplistic view of everything, don't you? There was a whole lot more to the story in each game than those two stats.

eh, im a business management major...i tend to look at things closely....the point score for the games was 6 vs 10...again, not much difference.

i was mainly pointing out how the cowboys defense has vastly improved over the season...look at what washington put up on the board last time:

Jason Campbell: 231 Yards Passing
Cowboys allowed: 160 yards rushing
26 points allowed

just saying...they've improved a TON

04VAMach1 11-19-2008 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1073639)
eh, im a business management major...i tend to look at things closely....the point score for the games was 6 vs 10...again, not much difference.

i was mainly pointing out how the cowboys defense has vastly improved over the season...look at what washington put up on the board last time:

Jason Campbell: 231 Yards Passing
Cowboys allowed: 160 yards rushing
26 points allowed

just saying...they've improved a TON

You're not looking at things too closely then. Against the Cowboys, the Redskins linemen made mistakes all night, the receivers dropped several good passes, and they had several key players injured...you can't rely on a RB with a busted knee. The Skins beat themselves in that game, plain and simple.

Against the Steelers, the Skins were just shutdown. They were lucky to get their 2 field goals...and those were off of mistakes that the Steelers made. BIG difference from what happened against the Cowboys.

The Cowboys didn't win because they improved, they won because the Redskins have gotten worse...much worse.

gbranton 11-19-2008 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 1073672)
The Cowboys didn't win because they improved, they won because the Redskins have gotten worse...much worse.

I agree, Jason Campbell has started looking confused and unsure of himself and their running game is not getting the job done. The Redskins, the Jaguars and the Vikings have not lived up to the "expert's" expectations this year while the Titans have vastly exceeded expectations, so it has been an interesting year so far. Without Adrian Peterson the Vikes might have won two games.

gbranton 11-19-2008 01:11 PM

By the way, (Baby?)Eli Manning has a Super Bowl ring on his finger, not a cast.

fiveliter 11-19-2008 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1073537)
you should be worried...at the end of the day you've got baby eli playing on your team

Baby Eli is a Super Bowl Champion and MVP, and is the leader of a team that is currently 9-1 with the best record in the NFC. Can you say the same about Rhomo?

np_mach1 11-19-2008 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 1073672)
You're not looking at things too closely then. Against the Cowboys, the Redskins linemen made mistakes all night, the receivers dropped several good passes, and they had several key players injured...you can't rely on a RB with a busted knee. The Skins beat themselves in that game, plain and simple.

Against the Steelers, the Skins were just shutdown. They were lucky to get their 2 field goals...and those were off of mistakes that the Steelers made. BIG difference from what happened against the Cowboys.

in addition to that rival/divisional games are very hard to forcast.

Braceyaself 11-19-2008 04:31 PM

hahah i love how upset gay men lovers get! Lets face is romo brings the cowboys together. They can get it done. The g men started the season the same way the cowboys did dont count them out becaues your guys are 9-1. Looks like you guys are turning into pats fans...Its not over till its over

Thunderbolt 11-19-2008 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiveliter (Post 1073752)
Rhomo?

That's friggin' classic.

04VAMach1 11-20-2008 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braceyaself (Post 1073768)
hahah i love how upset gay men lovers get! Lets face is romo brings the cowboys together. They can get it done. The g men started the season the same way the cowboys did dont count them out becaues your guys are 9-1. Looks like you guys are turning into pats fans...Its not over till its over

You're missing my point...Romo's 1st game back was against a team that played terrible and is a long-time rival. You can't make a claim that "the 'Boys are back" based solely off of that win. Get a couple of good solid wins under your belt and I'll give the 'Boys some credit. Of course, one of those wins needs to be in the playoffs.:23:

Braceyaself 11-20-2008 08:18 AM

lol, Most of your wins were against teams that werent even close to be at your level..Romo makes that team, a team. Remeber you guys had plenty of close games with the few teams we beat...assuming your a gmen fan. Well get it back im just hopen for a shot at the play offs

PrISM 11-20-2008 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braceyaself (Post 1074067)
lol, Most of your wins were against teams that werent even close to be at your level

That's because there's no teams playing at the Giants' level.

04VAMach1 11-20-2008 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braceyaself (Post 1074067)
lol, Most of your wins were against teams that werent even close to be at your level..Romo makes that team, a team. Remeber you guys had plenty of close games with the few teams we beat...assuming your a gmen fan. Well get it back im just hopen for a shot at the play offs

Actually, I'm a Skins fan.:butt:

Braceyaself 11-20-2008 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrISM (Post 1074075)
That's because there's no teams playing at the Giants' level.

hhah i guess the bangles were the day u went into 0.t or the day The browns handed you guys.. Lets get real season's not close to over!

PrISM 11-20-2008 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braceyaself (Post 1074181)
hhah i guess the bangles were the day u went into 0.t or the day The browns handed you guys.. Lets get real season's not close to over!

Exactly...let's get real. The Cowboys winning one game is meaningless.

fiveliter 11-20-2008 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braceyaself (Post 1073768)

As a Giant fan, I'm not assuming anything. There is still a lot of football left to play, and as shown last year, anything can happen in the playoffs. I'm feeling optimistic but thats it. The only thing I can trash talk about is last year. No proclaimations or predictions about this year's Super Bowl. Just feeling good at 9-1. I think Cowboy fans need to take it down a notch. It seems like they're planning their Super Bowl parade because they won a game this week.

02mach1 11-20-2008 06:02 PM

We see this weekend how Gaints fair vs the Cards, this sunday, but tonight it the Steelers on muddy wet night will win.

Hammer 11-20-2008 06:05 PM

Hey Frank, did you get the Email from me about why QB's keep there names short?

gbranton 11-20-2008 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1073217)
oh ya, wait til felix comes back too hehe

That will be next year after he recovers from toe surgery.

02mach1 11-21-2008 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer (Post 1074330)
Hey Frank, did you get the Email from me about why QB's keep there names short?

I got it, it was funny:23: :claus:

Hammer 11-21-2008 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 1074525)
I got it, it was funny:23: :claus:

I should post those in the hottie thread :23:

ylopony 11-21-2008 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 1074326)
We see this weekend how Gaints fair vs the Cards, this sunday, but tonight it the Steelers on muddy wet night will win.

That was going out on a limb with that prediction. :23:

Braceyaself 11-23-2008 05:51 PM

Yes, another needed win by dallas ill take it any way we can..

04VAMach1 11-23-2008 07:52 PM

OMG...the Skins are back...they're going to the Super Bowl!!!!

65fastback2+2 11-23-2008 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiveliter (Post 1074317)
I think Cowboy fans need to take it down a notch. It seems like they're planning their Super Bowl parade because they won a game this week.

haha...as a real cowboys fan since I was 6 years old (1991)...let me say, we are going to the superbowl every year!