2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

311-420 07-06-2010 07:20 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1298997)
Huh? I never watch the Nationwide or Truck races unless I'm at the track, but I did'nt understand this, or were you just saying it was rigged also?

the Toyota cars had a bigger restrictor plate for the nationwide race. The race was a debut for the new body styles. Mustang, challenger etc.

I'm not sure why Gibbs was experimenting with that particular plate, but Kyle and the other toyotas were out-matched on HP by the rest of the field. He could have easily moved around jr. No doubt about it.

falcongtho3 07-18-2010 08:15 AM

Well that was certainly a fun little race last night for the N'Wide guys. Looks like Brad (or at least his dad) can't deal with playing with the big boys. Carl gave him payback, and then the 'fun' started.

:borg:

311-420 07-18-2010 11:56 AM

Mr backflip might be in trouble again.. Makes for great show but there's a limit to anything. Spin out in corner is different than in the straight away. But, brad knows how Carl is and he shouldve waited til turn 4 to bump and run instead of 2! :23:

falcongtho3 07-18-2010 12:40 PM

Brad just got a taste of what he was dishing out, just with a bit more spice. Remember, this all goes back to when Brad put Carl into the catch fence (Atlanta?) last year. It ain't over...

gbranton 07-18-2010 12:45 PM

We caught the end of the race waiting for drag racing to start. I joked that Carl was going to do that about two laps before it happened. After watching the post race interview, my wife's theory is that Edwards is a sociopath.

Thunderbolt 07-18-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1302336)
this all goes back to when Brad put Carl into the catch fence (Atlanta?) last year.

Spring race at Talladega last year. I was in the infield at that race.

falcongtho3 07-18-2010 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1302348)
Spring race at Talladega last year. I was in the infield at that race.

Thanks for the correction. I knew it had happened at a big track, but I didn't recall which one.

311-420 07-18-2010 03:11 PM

They've been doing this for a while, not just at talladega.

Edwards IS a sociopath. Keselowski picked the wrong guy to F with.

G 07-18-2010 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1302338)
We caught the end of the race waiting for drag racing to start. I joked that Carl was going to do that about two laps before it happened. After watching the post race interview, my wife's theory is that Edwards is a sociopath.

Your wife is correct but his problems don't end there. This illustrates the problem with NASCAR failing to get him under control after Atlanta. The potential to kill or hurt fans or other drivers is high and he does not have the self control to NOT act irresponsibly. Look at the damage he has caused to the other teams; it's sickening that he cares so little for his fellow competitors.

I think anyone who considers what he did as payback for the little bump he got from Brad is blind. He could have been shoved into the wall if that's what Brad wanted to do. Brad had a better car at all points in the race and the only way Carl could win was the low class move he made on the last lap. At one time I considered CE as one of my favorite drivers but now he is rated lower than even kyle big ears.

I'm not a fan of Rick Hendrick but you notice he has not considered CE as a candidate to work for him. It's more than contract related. :crazy:

Rustangin 07-18-2010 09:43 PM

That a boy Carl!! Loved it!!!

japan4racing 07-19-2010 08:43 AM

i dont fault carl at all....if brad hadnt gone in the the fences at talledega none of this would be being discussed. many drivers do the same thing carl did at dega. its foolish anytime some one spins another at high speeds but that car going airborne was just as much a design issue as it was bad choice from carl. with the wing that was on the cars then it created lift. nascar knew it too...thats why they were already talking about going back to the spoiler when that crash happened. if that car had not gotten airborne no one would have thought twice about the crash. carl is still my driver even though he aint doing worth a **** this year...and i really hope brads dad "does something about it"

NJOHC 07-19-2010 05:42 PM

Carl races everybody clean untill they give him a reason to do otherwise. Brad had given him many reasons in that race to do what he did. There was no way brad would have caught Carl if he wouldn't have bumped him. Everyone is saying it was a sickening win by Carl, even if brad won he would have moved him out of the way to do so. What happens after you spin a guy out is not under your control. The aftermath of that could have gone good or bad, it just happened to be bad. I think Brad deserved it and Carl should be docked some points. If NASCAR parks him they'll basically be contradicting what they said in the start of the season.

falcongtho3 07-19-2010 08:26 PM

Carl was running a clean race, and the only person who could get under his skin could and did. He got what he deserved when got pushed out of the way. The rest was just icing on the cake...and Brads dad can lick the icing.

Rustangin 07-19-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1302710)
Carl was running a clean race, and the only person who could get under his skin could and did. He got what he deserved when got pushed out of the way. The rest was just icing on the cake...and Brads dad can lick the icing.

I hope the icing is laced with dodo when he does:23: CARL 4 the WIN!!!!

G 07-20-2010 02:13 AM

Some interesting thoughts on Carl Edwards

Even driver Denny Hamlin called the move "dirty" on his Twitter account.

"I probably wouldn't have reacted as kindly as Brad did, I probably would have walked down there and punched him in the mouth,'' NASCAR's Sprint Cup Series points leader Kevin Harvick told SPEED TV this week.

Harvick is the last driver to actually be suspended (one Cup race in April, 2002) because of bad behavior and his rough driving six years ago pales in comparison to Edwards' recent repertoire.

"I just thank God no one has gotten hurt, that's not what NASCAR had in mind,'' Daytona 500 and Indy 500 winning team owner Chip Ganassi said Monday of NASCAR's relaxed policing policy.

"My initial response is I'm glad those guys don't drive for me right now or I'd have a lot stronger response.

"Someone has to be the referee of this. ... I think each guy should be allowed one move, but I don't think you should be allowed to use a car as a weapon.''

"I've been accused of being a racing purist, but I'd like to see more good driving, driving your car with respect not crash a guy to win,'' Ganassi said.'

"The greatest drivers in the sport were always known more for their great driving than for how many guys they took out.''

“I like to race as rough as anybody,” Harvick said, “but there’s still a line when somebody has to rein somebody in and unfortunately, you hope that it doesn’t get to the point where you wind up hurting somebody or you end up killing somebody. Hopefully it doesn’t take that long for NASCAR’s reaction to come, to just get everything under control.

“There has to be a boundary drawn at some point before everything gets to that point.”

Many of the Cup drivers are ready for NASCAR to end this fight. They don't want to be wrecked in someone else's feud. I personally think Carl is unstable and should be parked for a few races.

311-420 07-20-2010 11:19 AM

Carl IS unstable. My gf and I have been saying that for a looooong time now. He's ****ing crazy and he's gonna hurt someone.

G 07-20-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1302868)
Carl IS unstable. My gf and I have been saying that for a looooong time now. He's ****ing crazy and he's gonna hurt someone.

There have been others over the years. I hope he changes and all is well again.

His habit of turning people is very dangerous. You don't have to do that to race extremely hard. Even at a place as tough to drive as Darlington. See the clip below:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xV7hAz-75UA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xV7hAz-75UA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

G 07-20-2010 09:49 PM

Instead of a controversy Carl could have had a great finish. Like any of these:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rh7qdQt5GkM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rh7qdQt5GkM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

falcongtho3 07-20-2010 10:40 PM

NASCAR has taken a (surpising) hands off attitude about all of this, in not announcing any penalties, probations or anything. There's been a lot of discussion about it, and they probably better off keeping a safe distance until they can come up with a solid explanation as to their policies on 'have at it, boys'. Letting up on the reigns is one thing, letting total chaos rule the day is completely different. One thing that has been mentioned over and over is that Brads dad needs to stay off TV.
Next weekend in Indy should be interesting as both are running the N'Wide and Cup races...to be continued...

Berzerk 07-20-2010 10:47 PM

I'm not a big NASCAR follower or fan anymore, but this rivalry thats brewing has renewed my interest. Granted wrecking people at nearly 200mph isn't a safe move, but it makes for good TV.

Now as I said I don't follow NASCAR closely, but as far as I can tell Edwards is only retaliating, not initiating these events. Edwards wrecked that guy as payback for when Edwards got sent in the air at Talladega if I'm not mistaken, right? And this newest event, Edwards wrecked Brad because he hit Edwards and almost "took the win away"?

Do I have this right?

NJOHC 07-20-2010 11:20 PM

An addition to G's post. Brad needs to race more clean and Carl needs to remember races like this and look at the big picture
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIH837xWlcA

311-420 07-21-2010 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 1303016)
There have been others over the years. I hope he changes and all is well again.

His habit of turning people is very dangerous. You don't have to do that to race extremely hard. Even at a place as tough to drive as Darlington. See the clip below:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xV7hAz-75UA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xV7hAz-75UA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

that's my gf's dad's favorite moment in NASCAR. He's a big Pontiac guy.

Amazing finish. That's how's it's done.

japan4racing 07-21-2010 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1303070)
that's my gf's dad's favorite moment in NASCAR. He's a big Pontiac guy.

Amazing finish. That's how's it's done.

man.....back when nascar was exciting..now its boring and as long as people get upset with **** like what carl did its gonna continue to get more boring. i dont even watch as much as i used to....i used to call in sick if i was gonna miss a race..now half the time i dont even know its on tv.

MAD_MACh1 07-21-2010 06:08 AM

Carl needs to wise up and get over Tally. That was a product of restrictor plate racing and the yellow line rule. What Brad did in turn two was no different than what Dale Sr. Rusty Wallace, and Jeff Gordon have made a living doing the "bump and run". If Cale had done the same to Brad with the same results that just good hard racing. Dumping a car coming to the line is just a low class move.

Blackpony04 07-21-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japan4racing (Post 1303079)
man.....back when nascar was exciting..now its boring and as long as people get upset with **** like what carl did its gonna continue to get more boring. i dont even watch as much as i used to....i used to call in sick if i was gonna miss a race..now half the time i dont even know its on tv.

Ditto. It was like a religion to me and now I barely pay attention to it. Stupid COT ruined everything. And the idiot that repaved Bristol should be shot! :anger: