2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

falcongtho3 05-26-2010 07:29 AM

Re: NASCAR thread

I usually reserve this Sunday for all-race day. I'm actually more excited about the Mustang (and Challenger) debuting in the Nationwide race than I am about the Cup race.

:borg:

02mach1 05-26-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1285300)
I usually reserve this Sunday for all-race day. I'm actually more excited about the Mustang (and Challenger) debuting in the Nationwide race than I am about the Cup race.

Same here,

falcongtho3 05-28-2010 07:14 AM

Brain fart on my part, the Mustang and Challenger debut in the Nationwide series will be the Daytona race on the 4th of July weekend, not the Charlotte race this weekend.

falcongtho3 05-30-2010 08:11 PM

Happy to see JJ and Hamilin smack each other aroung, as well as seeing Kyle screw it up big time in the pits. I might just end up enjoying his race...(besides, LSU just beat Alabama in the SEC champ. baseball game), it's already a good weekend, sportswise.

Big Ron 05-30-2010 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1286209)
Brain fart on my part, the Mustang and Challenger debut in the Nationwide series will be the Daytona race on the 4th of July weekend, not the Charlotte race this weekend.

No smell....no foul!

I'll go out on a limb and predict #88 will finish 31st..................

falcongtho3 05-30-2010 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Ron (Post 1286928)
No smell....no foul!

I'll go out on a limb and predict #88 will finish 31st..................

Pretty short limb, but I was hoping for something like 45th...

I was really ready for Shrub to get punched in the face after the race. Probably the best part, other than JJ finding the wall and going out 37th or so.

kiler be 05-31-2010 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1286965)

I was really ready for Shrub to get punched in the face after the race.

Did he get punched? By who?

Long over due.

falcongtho3 05-31-2010 08:58 AM

Unfortunately he didn't get his face rearranged, but Jeff Burton had a post race 'discussion' with him that was caught on camera and no one disagreed with. Shrub got into Burton late in the race and cut down his tire, ending what could have been a decent night for Jeff.

311-420 05-31-2010 10:46 AM

Was a good race indeed! I very much enjoyed seeing Kyle drive a beat up race car from the back all the way to the front to 3rd.

kiler be 05-31-2010 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1287033)
Unfortunately he didn't get his face rearranged, but Jeff Burton had a post race 'discussion' with him that was caught on camera and no one disagreed with. Shrub got into Burton late in the race and cut down his tire, ending what could have been a decent night for Jeff.

Its going to happen soon. Most of the other drivers are getting tired of his crap. I'm suprised it has'nt happened already.
I guess it hard to hit PEE-WEE Herman......:23:

Big Ron 07-03-2010 09:39 PM

http://www.nascar.com/2010/news/opin...win/index.html

#3..........I had tears in my eyes (beer)!

I'll go for a repeat tonight with the #88.

311-420 07-03-2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Ron (Post 1298640)
http://www.nascar.com/2010/news/opin...win/index.html

dammit. Is sprint tonite? I'm not gonna be able to see it

falcongtho3 07-03-2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Puhleeze tell my you didn't buy into that 'win' last night. If there was ever a WWE sponsored race, scripted and all, then that was it. I was so pizzed after looking forward to the debut of the Mustang and Challenger and hearing nothing but #3 this and #3 that. They blew a great chance to cater to the fans who understood the importance of the new cars, and decided to bow down to the lowest denominator...the Earn-heads.

The Cup race is at least more enjoyable, with a good mix of leaders, and Kyle getting turned (as he said) by the 42. Now if onyl the 48 can kiss the wall, it'll be a really good race.

Thunderbolt 07-04-2010 12:04 AM

Hahahahehehehoho, Wipeout!

falcongtho3 07-04-2010 08:45 AM

Glad to see Mark got out of his 'hot' car OK, and that everyone else was all right. Even happier to see JJ drop in the points standings. What a way to take out half the field!

Rustangin 07-04-2010 09:36 AM

Quote:

Nascar .... what a load .... mmm lets just put Jr in the 3 car so he can mysteriously win .... talk about rigged

gbranton 07-04-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1298657)
Puhleeze tell my you didn't buy into that 'win' last night. If there was ever a WWE sponsored race, scripted and all, then that was it.

Can anybody look me in the eye tell me with a straight face that this crap isn't rigged?

G 07-04-2010 04:31 PM

It ain't rigged. There is just too much going on to fix a race. You can't control the cars around you, bad engine parts, the weather, Kyle bigears, and any number of other variables. Even Oliver Stone can't find evidence of a race being fixed.

I'm not a jr fan but I don't think for a minute his win was not legit. He won using a car that was legal but you have to know they put the best of everything in that machine.

Any evidence of cheating or special treatment?????? :smack:

falcongtho3 07-04-2010 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 1298797)
Any evidence of cheating or special treatment?????? :smack:

Watching some of the most dominant drivers in the series pretty much run on cruise control behind someone who hasn't had a victory in two years might be considered evidence...

gvervoren 07-05-2010 10:04 AM

I agree. Noone even really challenged Jr. at the end of the race. Like Falco said, they just kinda rode around in cruise control on those last few laps behind him. It's like they were all scared to pass him cause they didn't want to ruin the moment. They didn't even try to pass him.

gbranton 07-05-2010 11:20 AM

There may be something to this. I painted a "3" on the side of my Mach and went 10.99 bone stock on the oe Goodyears.

311-420 07-05-2010 03:25 PM

Jr is just lucky 18 had a more restrictive plate. Wouldve been a blood bath had the power been equal.

Thunderbolt 07-05-2010 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1298975)
18 had a more restrictive plate. Wouldve been a blood bath had the power been equal.

Huh? I never watch the Nationwide or Truck races unless I'm at the track, but I did'nt understand this, or were you just saying it was rigged also?

G 07-06-2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1298805)
Watching some of the most dominant drivers in the series pretty much run on cruise control behind someone who hasn't had a victory in two years might be considered evidence...

There have always been dominant drivers and teams. Why if they fix the races for Jr does his win column with the 88 look sad. They put a maximum effort in that car and it performed well. Many of you can also face the fact that Jr has a good record at Daytona and IS a 2 time champion in that series. I'm not a Jr fan but give the guy some credit.

FYI, running behind Jr until the end is a great way to win a race. If Logano is telling the truth he planned a last lap pass but didn't get help. He started 10th and finished 2nd so it looks like a smart move on his part not that the fix was in.

I'll go back to my first point, you can't fix a race with so many variables unless you allow someone to cheat. I don't think for a second there was an organized effort to allow the "3" to cheat. Another thing was the Gen2 factor which made the cars more of a challenge to drive. I still don't get why Chevy didn't use the Camaro for the series and not the Impala. :smack:

You will notice that the Mustang that finished 3rd was driven by the guy with much of the limited test time with the new cars. :smokin: