2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

Rustangin 03-07-2010 06:46 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1254411)
I have no issue with the Edwards wreck.
Maybe the newbie wont mess with him any more.
Like when the 24 used to mess with Rusty.
Rusty punted him once, never happened again.

I'm with ya on that one...I don't agree with what Carl did...but Kelsloski had it coming to him...he's been a jerk on the track for awhile and has shown no respect to anyone around him...Carl is prob. gonna get a big fine and who knows what else because the wreck he caused was as bad as it was...but I've seen alot of drivers in the past...(Dale Earnhardnt Sr.) do it for years and always get a slap on the wrist...pay back is a b*&^% sometimes

G 03-07-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1254411)
I have no issue with the Edwards wreck.
Maybe the newbie wont mess with him any more.
Like when the 24 used to mess with Rusty.
Rusty punted him once, never happened again.

He didn't punt him at over 190mph and endanger fans. Brad could have been killed and was lucky to have escaped unhurt. He should have waited until Bristol or Martinsville. I'm not opposed to him getting even but you have to use better judgement than he did today.

NASCAR will use this to get a little spike in viewers. It was the main pic on their site minutes after it happened. It's gonna make punishment pretty tough because they need to keep Carl available to take advantage of the PR bonanza. :soapbox:

At least we don't need to hear about JJ or Danica for awhile. :23:

birdman941 03-07-2010 07:09 PM

Maybe they will screw Edwards out of a Championship
like they did to Mark Martin in 90 or 91.
Good to see Petty's teams do well.
They have not been up front for years.

ylopony 03-09-2010 08:32 PM

Let me ask everyone this; if this had been Jimmy Johnson, Jeff Gordon, or Kyle Busch pulling this low crap that Carl Edwards did, how many of you would be screaming to ban them? Sorry, because Edwards is in a Ford and appeases to many of the Roush fans here it is acceptable; it was a pathetic move.

I lost all respect for Carl Edwards when he pulled the low life crap with his teammate Matt Kenseth a couple of years ago After that incident, I no longer was a fan of Edwards. I don't think he is worthy to drive a car for Jack Roush.

For the record, I can't stand Keselowski. But at 190 miles an hour I wonder how Edwards would have felt if Keselowski or worse yet, a fan left Atlanta in a body bag. Bottom line, STUPID :crazy:

Thunderbolt 03-09-2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 1255273)
Let me ask everyone this; if this had been Jeff Gordon pulling this low crap that Carl Edwards did, how many of you would be screaming to ban him?

I would!!:23:

bris09 03-09-2010 10:49 PM

I think Carl atleast should have to pay for the car he destroyed. There is no excuse for what he did. If you have a problem with someone, you deal with it that race.

birdman941 03-09-2010 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 1255273)
Let me ask everyone this; if this had been Jimmy Johnson, Jeff Gordon, or Kyle Busch pulling this low crap that Carl Edwards did, how many of you would be screaming to ban them? Sorry, because Edwards is in a Ford and appeases to many of the Roush fans here it is acceptable; it was a pathetic move.

I lost all respect for Carl Edwards when he pulled the low life crap with his teammate Matt Kenseth a couple of years ago After that incident, I no longer was a fan of Edwards. I don't think he is worthy to drive a car for Jack Roush.

For the record, I can't stand Keselowski. But at 190 miles an hour I wonder how Edwards would have felt if Keselowski or worse yet, a fan left Atlanta in a body bag. Bottom line, STUPID :crazy:

Jeffy DID do that stuff.
He pulled all kinds of stunts.
He passed below the yellow line at Daytona
and almost wrecked Ricky Rudd and Rusty.
THAT is why the yellow line rule was implemented in the first place.
Edwards has ballls, and Keselowski got what he deserved.

ylopony 03-10-2010 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1255324)
Jeffy DID do that stuff.
He pulled all kinds of stunts.
He passed below the yellow line at Daytona
and almost wrecked Ricky Rudd and Rusty.
THAT is why the yellow line rule was implemented in the first place.
Edwards has ballls, and Keselowski got what he deserved.

Sorry, don't see it that way. Ricky had his incidents, Rusty also had his, no doubt so did Gordon. The is a difference between youth or aggressive driving from that of wrecklessness. In fact the most notorious driver of aggression in Dale SR. never pulled this crap the way Edwards did.

I agree, Keselowski deserves to be taken out of races. Keselowski is a punk who's even worse than Kyle Bush with taking out drivers, but not at a track running 190mph. The only balls Edwards has are the ones between his ears he calls brains.

falcongtho3 03-10-2010 07:20 AM

After seeing a replay of what happened at 'Dega and haveing seen the incident early in the Atlanta race, I'd say Carl shouldn't have been put in that position by NASCAR, Brad should have been called down. Carl got back at him, it's done, and both shold have gotten the probation.

:borg:

02mach1 03-13-2010 01:31 AM

Carl did right thing because what Brad did to Carl last year at 3 races they race at, last year.

G 03-13-2010 05:58 PM

If a NASCAR official or randomly selected fan had to ride in EACH car what do you think the rule would be. Payback don't sound so good if you have to ride with Edwards, Bush, Brad, or Denny. I think we are already hearing talk from the drivers about avoiding payback on BIG tracks.

Reference Carl and balls; if balls alone were enough many more could race Cup. It takes brains and I think he has those too; he just uses them less than he should. It must not take balls ................... Danica seems to be doing fine. If the media is any judge. :confused:

troopdoom 03-13-2010 06:04 PM

All I can say is that the Lawers are loving this. The first person to get hurt or killed Nascar will be out of busness.

gvervoren 03-15-2010 06:44 PM

I too think Carl should have used a lot better judgment in what he did. At those speeds, anything can happen.

Thunderbolt 03-29-2010 04:01 PM

Wow. That was a pretty wild finish after Hamlin made what I thought was an insane pit stop with 8 laps or so left. I thought Gordon might have had a lock up win, but he got shoved out of the way. :23:

Rustangin 03-29-2010 04:19 PM

So is Gordon gonna get put on probation too after his post race comment....when he said "I made sure he didn't win the race" referring to Kenseth...how is that any different than Carl booting BK so he didn't win? I don't get Nascar anymore...if certain people they like do certain things it's never a problem...This sport has gone to crap!

Big Ron 03-29-2010 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rustangin (Post 1262919)
So is Gordon gonna get put on probation too after his post race comment....when he said "I made sure he didn't win the race" referring to Kenseth...how is that any different than Carl booting BK so he didn't win? I don't get Nascar anymore...if certain people they like do certain things it's never a problem...This sport has gone to crap!

I agree with you, but they will say it was not a 200 mph. Don't see how he could lie about it either. Sounded kinda' like he was proud of it too.

I got as excited as I did the night Labonte / Earnhardt got in to it at the 1999 Bristo race!

ylopony 03-29-2010 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rustangin (Post 1262919)

I haven't heard the post race comments other than the limited clip on my Sprint phone just after the race, so I can't say if Gordon said that or not (I'll assume he did). Even if he did say that, your argument won't work compared to the bonehead move by Carl Edwards; there is a big difference between the two.

Edwards was 153 laps down when he intentionally took out a driver on a 1.5 mile track with speeds approaching 200mph. This move put BK's life at risk, other drivers lives at risk, and spectator lives at risk. Kenseth and Gordon(notice both) were bumping and rubbing on a .5 mile track (also the shortest track in Nascar) and fighting for position and trying for a win at around 100mph. It was not a 1.5 mile track with speeds over 200mph (there it is Big Ron), no drivers lives were at risk and no spectators lives were at stake. Both Kenseth and Gordon were fighting for position.

A quote from Days of Thunder:

Cole Trickle: Yeah, well this son of a bi*** just slammed into me.

Harry Hogge: No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you... he *rubbed* you. And rubbin, son, is racin'.

Sorry, big difference in Martinsville between Gordon/Kenseth than what happened a few weeks ago in Atlanta. I'm not saying it's right, but that is how it's always been at these .5 mile tracks.

falcongtho3 04-13-2010 07:21 PM

Looks like we (Ford) will be losing Kasey Kahne (again) to Hendricks after this season. He'll probably drive Stewart/Haas next year and then go to the main team, replacing Mark in the #5 car.

http://www.nascar.com/2010/news/head...011/index.html

birdman941 04-13-2010 07:48 PM

With the crap he pulled before with Ford, I say good riddance.

falcongtho3 04-13-2010 08:07 PM

His history wiht Ford is certaily tainted, and I'm wondering if that had anythign to do with him jumping ship. I'm only hoping that the bandwagon he's jumping on starts to fall apart at the seams. The Hendricks juggernaut is definitly a bad thing for the overall enjoyment of the 'sport'.

311-420 04-13-2010 08:10 PM

They're calling for rain here this weekend...I'm not going to be a happy camper if they post pone til monday because I won't be able to go if they do:eyes:

birdman941 04-13-2010 08:19 PM

What are the TV ratings like nowadays?
Bet they suck.
And when is the FR9 engine going to be used by all Ford teams?

falcongtho3 04-13-2010 09:05 PM

The FR9 had been pulled for the last few races. Don't know what's up, but wiht the lackluster performance of all of the Ford teams of late, it obviously needs some work.

birdman941 04-13-2010 09:06 PM

I wonder if Al would do some..........................

02mach1 04-15-2010 12:02 PM

Don't worried Ford be ok this weekend.