2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NFL Football Thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84561)

punishermach 12-20-2011 08:37 PM

Re: NFL Football Thread

ok im a cowboy fan,so you know how i feel about the steelers but i was really surprised to see big Ben out there you could tell he was having trouble just walking, he must have been in alot of pain. I appluad the bravery but man he could have really gotten hurt worse, and that really would have put a damper on the steelers playoff run, I think they should have let batch play.

Thunderbolt 12-20-2011 09:50 PM

After the first interception I knew what was coming. Myself, I would have pulled him after the sack/fumble that made the 3rd turnover. It may have been too late at that point anyway. Frisco is formidable, but we'll see how they do in afew weeks. No Playoffs in 8 years.

np_mach1 12-21-2011 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punishermach (Post 1446463)
ok im a cowboy fan,so you know how i feel about the steelers but i was really surprised to see big Ben out there you could tell he was having trouble just walking, he must have been in alot of pain. I appluad the bravery but man he could have really gotten hurt worse, and that really would have put a damper on the steelers playoff run, I think they should have let batch play.

Yeah. Coach Tomlin really could have pissed away our playoff chances with that decision. Ben couldn't be Ben best to have Dixon in there. He can run out of Swiss cheese pocket if he had too haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1446479)
After the first interception I knew what was coming. Myself, I would have pulled him after the sack/fumble that made the 3rd turnover. It may have been too late at that point anyway. Frisco is formidable, but we'll see how they do in afew weeks. No Playoffs in 8 years.

He just wasn't the same guy. Hopefully a week or two of rest and mendy running the ball hard will help. We will see though.

shadowmaker 12-21-2011 11:01 AM

As much as I wanted the win, I agree with playing Ben. With the exception of the last part of the 4th quarter bc we were still in the game. The only reason to have pulled him was to keep him from getting hurt. But even a healthy QB can get hurt.

We played better at home this yr than on the road. That 1st round bye wouldve gave some time to heal up some guys but the 1 week makes em rusty too.

We got beat, we played bad and thats that. But that was some of the worse officiating I ve seen in a while. "leaping"? Really? Guess they were making up for the first one that they complained about. :rolleyes: The punt interference call? Really? Go back and look, it hit the 49er player first. Kinda odd they wouldnt keep replaying those 2. Funny they made a comment about BOTH and then shut up. If that had been the Patriots, they would ve stopped everything in SF.

As far as ruining the playoffs, we would have to lose all 3 games for that to happen. And to be honest, the way they are playing, that might not be a bad thing.

Just frustrating the way they are playing...

shadowmaker 12-21-2011 11:04 AM

Did you hear Big Ben when the guy ran onto the field? "WHERE'S James Harrison when you need him?" :yes:

James put up on twitter "if I cant play nobody can play. LIGHT outs". :yeh:

Thunderbolt 12-21-2011 09:25 PM

Yeah I heard that, and it seems like in the past few weeks I've heard more F-bombs during the games than ever before. Funny to hear the commentators apologizing for it.

shadowmaker 12-21-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1446727)
Yeah I heard that, and it seems like in the past few weeks I've heard more F-bombs during the games than ever before. Funny to hear the commentators apologizing for it.

Thats bc they are forcing the line man to wear microphones. The refees use to wear them but Dictator Goodell decided it would more realistic for them to be on the lineman. One of them actually got fined like $15k for removing his a few weeks back bc it was bothering him. :12:

RobbyB 12-22-2011 11:08 AM

I haven't been on the forum, because I decided that this winter I'm finishing my basement instead of rebuilding my engine. I'll be Machless for a year.

I did however, come here to gloat. GO NINERS.

Gold > Steel

I won a bet with my best friend who's a Steelers fan. For the next month, her facebook picture is her wearing a Niners jacket. Good times.

gbranton 12-22-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1445128)
If not for humanity's sake, then to protect themselves from litigation that WILL come.

Sooner than expected.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/E...njuries-122211

un gm 12-22-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiler be (Post 1446160)
lol Your welcome. :MADNOEL:
That will cost you 2 draft picks next year. :eek:

With jerrys drafting decisions...... We'll take it.

Thunderbolt 12-22-2011 08:08 PM

Mike Webster who was the Center for the Steelers for 15 years complained about head injuries way back 20 years ago. He sued the league or something and got compensation for it. The shots they took way back then were far worse than any injuries they say their suffering now. Imagine a guy head slapping you for 4 quarters each week, which was legal back then.

falcongtho3 12-26-2011 11:26 PM

Looks like the Saints have the Falcons all wrapped up tonight, now for Brees to take his rightful place in history with a season long passing record. Hope it's tonight.

:borg:

jcooper0818 12-27-2011 12:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
No one wants to talk about the saints besides the Louisiana crew???!!!! Thought y'all would have more respect for greatness!

So proud this is hanging on my wall!!!
5,087 and counting!!!

Firebreed05 12-27-2011 01:29 AM

The Saints are going to be more than a handful for everyone in the NFC playoffs. Their defense came to play tonight.

And big congrats to Drew Brees. A great athlete, a fantastic QB (that hardly gets mention amongst the Brady's and Rodgers' of the league), and an even better person. It was good to see him get the record on prime time football. Scarier yet...he's still got one game to air it out in. This record is going to stand for quite a while I have a feeling.

falcongtho3 12-27-2011 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcooper0818 (Post 1447742)
No one wants to talk about the saints besides the Louisiana crew???!!!!

It's no different than what we see at the college level. The talking heads on ESPN have a harder time sating 'LSU' than they do filing their taxes.
Congrats to Drew & Co. on such a great win and such an impressive accomplishment in beating the passing record. Love the post game show in the locker room...especially the the part about the equipment personel.

NTMAREMACH 12-27-2011 08:29 AM

Well I think the Pats will go all the way this year but only if they cancel the first half and just play the last 30 mins of the game. Don't know what there problem is in the first half. Should be a good playoff season and I can't wait.

Thunderbolt 12-27-2011 08:47 AM

Breaking the passing record is nice, but it would'nt mean squat to me unless you win it all.

RobbyB 12-27-2011 09:21 AM

Is it historic if you lose to the Rams and on the game you break the record, you throw two picks? Just curious.

falcongtho3 12-27-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbyB (Post 1447782)
Is it historic if you lose to the Rams and on the game you break the record, you throw two picks? Just curious.

Considering that Marino never won a Super Bowl, and Brees already has (nearly breaking the passing record that season), I'd say...Yep!

RobbyB 12-27-2011 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1447799)
Considering that Marino never won a Super Bowl, and Brees already has (nearly breaking the passing record that season), I'd say...Yep!

Oh, Sorry. I'm a Niners fan. I forgot a single super bowl was impressive to most other teams.

kiler be 12-27-2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by un gm (Post 1446889)
With jerrys drafting decisions...... We'll take it.

lol....Thanks, Jerry does not get to make the picks for us.
We would like to screw that up our selves. lol

falcongtho3 12-27-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbyB (Post 1447816)
Oh, Sorry. I'm a Niners fan. I forgot a single super bowl was impressive to most other teams.

Sorry to hear that. I'm sure there are shots or something you can take for it. You might also look at the final score of the game. For a team that threw two interceptions, I think we pretty much took them to the cleaners.

RobbyB 12-27-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1447833)
Sorry to hear that. I'm sure there are shots or something you can take for it. You might also look at the final score of the game. For a team that threw two interceptions, I think we pretty much took them to the cleaners.

When they go to candlestick, that running game won't be there for them and the receivers won't be that WIDE OPEN. That was a deplorable defensive effort by the Falcons.

falcongtho3 12-27-2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbyB (Post 1447835)
When they go to candlestick, that running game won't be there for them and the receivers won't be that WIDE OPEN. That was a deplorable defensive effort by the Falcons.

Yeah...let's say that...

Firebreed05 12-27-2011 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbyB (Post 1447835)

I'll bet you're still bumping chests with your friends over that Pittsburgh game too, aren't you? (you know, the one with the half-crippled Steelers QB). How about that narrow escape from the Seahawks? Superbowl class effort there too. Greenbay got shut down by KC...I don't see you taking cheap shots at the Cheeseheads over it. Even great teams can flounder from time to time, even on red hot years.

And last time I checked, San Fran didn't have a better record than New Orleans. So maybe you should wait until your Niners actually accomplish something in the post-season before you spout off from the lip like a rabid gunslinger.

All we're doing here is congratulating a great QB on a great milestone. Stop being THAT GUY.