2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NFL Football Thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84561)

np_mach1 12-13-2011 09:45 PM

Re: NFL Football Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by punishermach (Post 1445113)
but i thot you only tackle people who still have the ball? I understand its a physical game,**** one of my favorite players of all time was Ronnie Lott. I enjoy the big hits of the NFL. I agree with THUNDERBOLT about the bulshit calls that happen because of players acting like it was bigger hit than it was, But this hit wasnt one of those bs calls.

Yeah I did say colt could have slid before he threw the ball after that point JH was going to hit him he couldn't stop. I posted a vid of the play. It's clear what happened. Colt was running at him then tried to be cute with the pass. He threw it just before contact for all JH knew he pumped faked. You are always taught to play the man.

If you like Ronnie you would know he couldn't afford to play in this league with all the head leading and defenseless hits he made in his career.

Like I said I'm done. Let's talk about some thing more important....

So who thinks tebow and the broncos can beat the pats?? Haha. I hope they do :)

np_mach1 12-13-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1445089)
I'm sick to death of all these pansy penalties. It's almost like now players are jerking their head backwards during a tackle just to simulate that they were hit in the head to draw a penalty. I saw one hit on a QB yesterday and the QB got tackled in the chest and the blind refs call a forearm to the head. Not even close. :angry:

Was that the Fletcher to Brady hit? Even Tom said the hit was clean after the game. He used that penalty to his advantage by faking a slide later on too. Rules made the defense soft. That's what JH was making sure didn't happen.

gbranton 12-13-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 1444999)
come on NFL is be come p***y Football that's not right

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowmaker (Post 1445105)
Its a physical game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1445089)
I'm sick to death of all these pansy penalties.

On the surface of it, I understand these sentiments, I really do. I want to see the guys who are meaner and tougher carry the day, that's part of the mythos of football and why we, as Americans love it so much. BUT there is a flip side to this coin and that is what becomes of these guys we "love" so much in the (hopefully, but sadly usually not) fifty years of their lives after they aren't smashing into each other for our enjoyment. Do we really love them or do we just want them turned into dog meat for our entertainment? Has anyone seen Earl Campbell lately? An awesome physical specimen in his prime, thrilling to watch, he gave so much on the field but he is a near cripple now.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...1_CD77MB5.html

If you were a "fan" of Campbell's do you really enjoy seeing him like this? Looking like a crippled old, Grady from Sanford and Son? My second favorite football player ever, Jim McMahon has developed neurological problems from his time in football which effect his memory. JM was as tough as almost anyone who ever played. Do I want to see Jimmy suffer and end up like a vegetable? Hell no. So again, I ask: Do we care about them at all or do we stop caring about them when they can't hit the open man anymore?

Men like Earl and Jim are the most manly men among us, they wouldn't protect themselves when they were playing because like all of us they were young, invincable and tougher than the other guy. Unfortunately when they get a little older and realize they should have ran out of bounds or threw the ball away it is too late. I for one, want guys like McMahon, Campbell and all the others to live long, healthy lives after football. Not saying anyone here does, but I can't throw people aside whom I have cheered for in the past. I cheer for them in life just like on the field, the ice, the ring, the cockpit or the stage.

And it's not just football, has anyone read about the enforcers in the NHL committing suicide? Due to brain injuries. It's sad.

I think now that we realize how serious the effects of all these blows are on the human body the League has a responsibility to protect their employees just like any other company. If not for humanity's sake, then to protect themselves from litigation that WILL come.

IF we really care about these athletes as human beings a part of us should support protecting them when they are on the field.................even if it's from themselves.

np_mach1 12-13-2011 10:13 PM

Earl was a special player. It is sad to see him the way he is. These guys know what the potential outcome is though. Not everyone is an earl when they get out. Plenty are a jerry rice or many others who have normal lives. I see a few former skins every once on a while who played as long as earl did and they are fine. Business men nice guys good shape still working out at the gym and all that.
On that subject of bein beaten up I do think retired players or former players should get some type of assistance. Nfl makes enough money to help the ones who made the game what it is today.

punishermach 12-13-2011 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1445125)
Yeah I did say colt could have slid before he threw the ball after that point JH was going to hit him he couldn't stop. I posted a vid of the play. It's clear what happened. Colt was running at him then tried to be cute with the pass. He threw it just before contact for all JH knew he pumped faked. You are always taught to play the man.

If you like Ronnie you would know he couldn't afford to play in this league with all the head leading and defenseless hits he made in his career.

Like I said I'm done. Let's talk about some thing more important....

So who thinks tebow and the broncos can beat the pats?? Haha. I hope they do :)

well i guess we will have to agree to disagree,that ok with me thats what makes it interesting, with that said i hope the broncos beat the pats, i cant stand the patriots.

gbranton 12-13-2011 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1445134)
On that subject of bein beaten up I do think retired players or former players should get some type of assistance. Nfl makes enough money to help the ones who made the game what it is today.

Agree 100%. NFL is a multi-billion dollar industry and the people suffering the most BUILT it.

My favorite sports figure of all time has been spearheading the fight, Mike Ditka. BUT he doesn't just whine about it while sitting on his wallet, he has spent quite a bit of money off the record to provide for players who weren't as fortunate as he has been. I LOVE Coach Ditka.

As for Sunday, the Patriots secondary is SO BAD that I think Tebow might be on the cusp of a 300 yard passing day, but will probably lose the game. Tom Brady's 300 yards will result in 38 points and Tebow's will probably result in 20.

np_mach1 12-14-2011 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punishermach (Post 1445138)
with that said i hope the broncos beat the pats, i cant stand the patriots.

I hope so, but I am a Pats hater too haha

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1445146)
Agree 100%. NFL is a multi-billion dollar industry and the people suffering the most BUILT it.

My favorite sports figure of all time has been spearheading the fight, Mike Ditka. BUT he doesn't just whine about it while sitting on his wallet, he has spent quite a bit of money off the record to provide for players who weren't as fortunate as he has been. I LOVE Coach Ditka.

As for Sunday, the Patriots secondary is SO BAD that I think Tebow might be on the cusp of a 300 yard passing day, but will probably lose the game. Tom Brady's 300 yards will result in 38 points and Tebow's will probably result in 20.

I'm a big fan of Coach Ditka as well. I didn't realize how involved he is with helping former players.

I have a feeling you might be right but I sure hope Pats can get knocked down a notch.

punishermach 12-14-2011 01:00 PM

[QUOTE=np_mach1;1445200]I hope so, but I am a Pats hater too haha

hell yeah, i can admit they are a good team, but i just don't like them,and i dam sure don't like Brady. So if the broncos and tebow pull this one off that will make my weekend so much better, that and if my cowboys can pull it together and win.

gbranton 12-14-2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1445200)
I'm a big fan of Coach Ditka as well. I didn't realize how involved he is with helping former players.

Chairman of the Board for the Gridiron Greats Assistance Fund, whose board contains ANOTHER one of my all time favorite players, The Kansas Comet, Gayle Sayers.

http://www.gridirongreats.org/gridir...sistance-fund/

np_mach1 12-15-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1445276)
Chairman of the Board for the Gridiron Greats Assistance Fund, whose board contains ANOTHER one of my all time favorite players, The Kansas Comet, Gayle Sayers.

http://www.gridirongreats.org/gridir...sistance-fund/

Wow. Thank you for sharing that. I'm going to read about it later today.

Love watching Gayle run. So smooth.

Thunderbolt 12-16-2011 09:00 PM

First Cutler got hurt, then Forte got hurt, now Sam Hurd is a weed/coke kingpin. What next? :smokin:

gbranton 12-17-2011 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1445790)
First Cutler got hurt, then Forte got hurt, now Sam Hurd is a weed/coke kingpin. What next? :smokin:

Sitting at home watching the playoffs.

serviceman1 12-18-2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1445200)
I hope so, but I am a Pats hater too haha

I have a feeling you might be right but I sure hope Pats can get knocked down a notch.

Wow that was tough whats next hopefuly the tin cans in the playoffs bring it on.

un gm 12-18-2011 08:28 PM

Thanks redskins:MADNOEL:

NTMAREMACH 12-18-2011 08:30 PM

You have to love Tebow's last run, wow 29 yards. To bad it was in the wrong direction.

Thunderbolt 12-18-2011 11:07 PM

This is a golden opportunity for the Steelers. Huge game tomorrow.

gbranton 12-18-2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1445146)

Final score: 41-23, so I shorted each team a field goal.

np_mach1 12-18-2011 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serviceman1 (Post 1446041)
Wow that was tough whats next hopefuly the tin cans in the playoffs bring it on.

Steelers already gave them boys more than they wanted earlier in the season. Be careful what you wish for. :eyebrows:

02mach1 12-19-2011 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1446081)
This is a golden opportunity for the Steelers. Huge game tomorrow.

We will get homefield if Steelers wins next 3 games

punishermach 12-19-2011 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by un gm (Post 1446048)

hell yeah

kiler be 12-19-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by un gm (Post 1446048)

Quote:

Originally Posted by punishermach (Post 1446121)
hell yeah

lol Your welcome. :MADNOEL:
That will cost you 2 draft picks next year. :eek:

np_mach1 12-19-2011 11:54 PM

Nothing to say... Better team tonight won. No excuses. You were right Robbie

gbranton 12-20-2011 12:14 AM

Wow. I guess Jim Harbaugh is a shoe-in for coach of the year.

kiler be 12-20-2011 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1446287)
Wow. I guess Jim Harbaugh is a shoe-in for coach of the year.

+1...NO BRAINER......If I had a vote.

Thunderbolt 12-20-2011 10:03 AM

Once again, turnovers kill the Steelers in a big game. Oh well, #1 seed is a curse anyway.