2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NFL Football Thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84561)

gbranton 12-12-2011 03:45 PM

Re: NFL Football Thread

‎55" TV: $2200

ATT U-Verse: $60/month

Know-it-all blowhards on ESPN rendered speechless? PRICELESS!!!!

np_mach1 12-12-2011 04:02 PM

Sums up the Cowboys game. LMAO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ucK0Xu9DjfU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thunderbolt 12-12-2011 05:57 PM

Well, after losing Demarco Murray I'd have to guess the Cowpies season is over. He's the only one that gave them a chance.

acreature 12-12-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1444823)
Well, after losing Demarco Murray I'd have to guess the Cowpies season is over. He's the only one that gave them a chance.

:(

DeMarco is a loss, but Felix did very well. As soon as the Boys went 3 and out I knew Eli would drive. I was pleasantly surprised to see Romo pass their way into field goal range with less than a minute and no timeouts.

I am not counting the season over yet. The Giants are just as unpredictable as the Boys are this season.

un gm 12-12-2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acreature (Post 1444829)
:(

The Giants are just as unpredictable as the Boys are this season.

They dont have as many creative ways to loose games as we do though. Jerry Jones postgame lasted 20 seconds. Think he was going to find Garrett and bitchslap him.

np_mach1 12-13-2011 11:28 AM

James Harrison out for 1 game ****!! <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IfFW-Yezv0k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't agree with it. Colt pulled the ball down ran out of the pocket so at that point he was a runner NOT a qb being protected. He floated the ball at the last second and paid the price for it. Not happy that when you follow the rules you still get dinged for it.

shadowmaker 12-13-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1444971)
James Harrison out for 1 game ****!! <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IfFW-Yezv0k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't agree with it. Colt pulled the ball down ran out of the pocket so at that point he was a runner NOT a qb being protected. He floated the ball at the last second and paid the price for it. Not happy that when you follow the rules you still get dinged for it.

Anything to take away from us winning #7. All I can say to McCloy is 'welcome to Steeler football'.

02mach1 12-13-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1444971)

come on NFL is be come p***y Football that's not right:flamedevi

np_mach1 12-13-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowmaker (Post 1444991)
Anything to take away from us winning #7. All I can say to McCloy is 'welcome to Steeler football'.

It feels like that sometimes. I want to think that wouldn't happen but they sure do go out of their way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 1444999)
come on NFL is be come p***y Football that's not right:flamedevi

The thing that kills me is that they said Colt was defenseless... He wasn't blindsided, he wasn't hit from behind. He moved as a runner, tucked the ball, ran out of the pocket towards the line of scrimmage then last second pulled up and floated a pass. Saw James's big mean looking dome coming at him.

:SMASH:NFL

gbranton 12-13-2011 03:56 PM

Did you guys miss the part about him hitting McCoy helmet-to-helmet?

Dude has been told, warned, penalized, fined and he just doesn't get it. He's hard headed or stupid or whatever, so I'm OK with sending him home for a bit.

np_mach1 12-13-2011 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1445027)

Dude has been told, warned, penalized, fined and he just doesn't get it. He's hard headed or stupid or whatever, so I'm OK with sending him home for a bit.

You can hit a runner helmet to helmet. I think you missed that part. Running backs get hit like that all the time. The only reason this is a big deal is they said Colt was defenseless... I don't see how he could be. He was facing him running right at him. (If you are a runner the helmet to helmet rule does NOT apply!!!)

James Harrison was hit by a tackle like that and broke his orbital bone. Didn't cry about it either.

This is my problem. The rules have changed so much and people think things are dirty when they are not even according to the rules THEY made this year. I actually had someone tell me Troy P is dirty becasue he took a ball carriers legs out from under him on a tackle... Seriously people, seriously...

gbranton 12-13-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1445036)
You can hit a runner helmet to helmet....

No, you can't.

"Summary of Penalties:

Descriptions and categories of infractions:

A tackler using his helmet to butt, spear, or ram an opponent.

Any player who uses the top of his helmet unnecessarily."

No mention of defenseless players.

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/digestofrules

They have been preaching this stuff to the players for over a year (no mention of defenseless players here either):

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...ttohelmet-hits

And here's your boy's response:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...plays/related/

I know he plays for your favorite team and all BUT there are rules that have to be followed and he refuses to follow them and then flaunts that fact in interviews.

Same as a guy at the Post Office or UPS who is told to wear a hat as part of his uniform and he refuses, he is warned and he refuses, he is written up and he refuses and goes on record as saying he will never change his style of attire and continues to break the rules. Whadda ya do?

np_mach1 12-13-2011 05:28 PM

Sorry for the link but tell me if this wasn't the same type of hit on James. Obvioulsy it's two big *** dudes but it was a helmet to helmet commited by the Tackle

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh...multiple-weeks

shadowmaker 12-13-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1445027)

Their helmets hit but it wasnt a spear lunge straight into his helmet.

So, everytime a player tackles someone their helmets cant touch? Colt had time to slide, go the other way, etc etc etc. He was out of the pocket and running.

The only way you ll ever stop 100% of no helmet to helmet is to take em off. Or put some flags on em and not tackle at all.

gbranton 12-13-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1445046)
Sorry for the link but tell me if this wasn't the same type of hit on James. Obvioulsy it's two big *** dudes but it was a helmet to helmet commited by the Tackle

Agreed. The same type of hit.

But it is viewed differently by the officials because it was during blocking and not during the act of tackling. Splitting hairs I know but the theory is that tacklers get a running start (like a pulling gaurd doesn't?), blah, blah, blah.

The real problem is, your boy has made himself the poster boy for helmet-to-helmet hits. He has said he won't quit. He won't try. So for being an unrepentant dumba$$ he is going to get the business every time there is any doubt. And that's what he deserves for blatently ignoring and flaunting the rules laid out BY HIS EMPLOYERS, same as would happen to any of us. No wait, any normal person would already have been fired and have to change professions to find work. After the statement he made in that interview I posted above, the next HTH hit should cost him a year. The one after that (if there is one) should be the last one in the NFL.

np_mach1 12-13-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowmaker (Post 1445048)
Their helmets hit but it wasnt a spear lunge straight into his helmet.

So, everytime a player tackles someone their helmets cant touch? Colt had time to slide, go the other way, etc etc etc. He was out of the pocket and running.

The only way you ll ever stop 100% of no helmet to helmet is to take em off. Or put some flags on em and not tackle at all.

Exactly.

He didn't lower his posture and lead with the crown of the head (which this rule was created to prevent people from breaking their own necks). He lead with his upper torso just so happened when Colt ducked he got hit on the chin.

Granted it is my team but I feel this way for all football players. Even if Ray Lewis hit my QB like this I would feel the exact same way.

np_mach1 12-13-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1445050)
Agreed. The same type of hit.

But it is viewed differently by the officials because it was during blocking and not during the act of tackling. Splitting hairs I know but the theory is that tacklers get a running start (like a pulling gaurd doesn't?), blah, blah, blah.

The real problem is, your boy has made himself the poster boy for helmet-to-helmet hits. He has said he won't quit. He won't try. So for being an unrepentant dumba$$ he is going to get the business every time there is any doubt. And that's what he deserves for blatently ignoring and flaunting the rules laid out BY HIS EMPLOYERS, same as would happen to any of us. No wait, any normal person would already have been fired and have to change professions to find work. After the statement he made in that interview I posted above, the next HTH hit should cost him a year. The one after that (if there is one) should be the last one in the NFL.

Well thanks for agreeing that it was the same type of action. They should be fair on both sides.

I know he made his bed but the NFL is far from a normal employer haha!

gbranton 12-13-2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1445054)
I know he made his bed but the NFL is far from a normal employer haha!

True, many of the people in the NFL couldn't pass a background check.

punishermach 12-13-2011 06:05 PM

I saw the hit and agree it was HTH hit and that since colt got rid of the ball that he was in a defenseless position and James Harrison teed off on him, thats what that dude does,i personally think he shud have got a longer suspension.

np_mach1 12-13-2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punishermach (Post 1445066)
I saw the hit and agree it was HTH hit and that since colt got rid of the ball that he was in a defenseless position and James Harrison teed off on him, thats what that dude does,i personally think he shud have got a longer suspension.

No one said he didn't hit his helmet. And it's his job to hit people hard. Wtf you want to watch soccer?? You think qb's should be two hand touch then right?

And he is defenseless in a split second?? that's all James had to stop and at 270 lbs or so no chance at stopping that train.

What ever, done arguing with people who don't like James Harrison.

np_mach1 12-13-2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1445057)
True, many of the people in the NFL couldn't pass a background check.

That is a fact!

Thunderbolt 12-13-2011 07:41 PM

I'm sick to death of all these pansy penalties. It's almost like now players are jerking their head backwards during a tackle just to simulate that they were hit in the head to draw a penalty. I saw one hit on a QB yesterday and the QB got tackled in the chest and the blind refs call a forearm to the head. Not even close. :angry:

punishermach 12-13-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1445085)
No one said he didn't hit his helmet. And it's his job to hit people hard. Wtf you want to watch soccer?? You think qb's should be two hand touch then right?

And he is defenseless in a split second?? that's all James had to stop and at 270 lbs or so no chance at stopping that train.

a few post earlier you agreed that colt had time to slide,They way i see if Colt had time to slide then James H had time to redirect himself,but he clearly didn't do that instead he hurt his team,with the penalty and getting suspended. As for colt being in a defenseless situation once he threw the ball here ya go.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh...ison-suspended

shadowmaker 12-13-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1445085)

:yes::agree:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1445089)
I'm sick to death of all these pansy penalties. It's almost like now players are jerking their head backwards during a tackle just to simulate that they were hit in the head to draw a penalty. I saw one hit on a QB yesterday and the QB got tackled in the chest and the blind refs call a forearm to the head. Not even close. :angry:

:agree:

Quote:

Originally Posted by punishermach (Post 1445101)
a few post earlier you agreed that colt had time to slide,They way i see if Colt had time to slide then James H had time to redirect himself,but he clearly didn't do that instead he hurt his team,with the penalty and getting suspended. As for colt being in a defenseless situation once he threw the ball here ya go.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh...ison-suspended

He chose to run, him chosing not to slide means he needs to be tackled, which is what JH is paid to do. JH hit his breastplate and his helmet hit the facemask. Its a physical game.

This guy should be commissioner. He understands football and knows how it should be played. http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7348360

punishermach 12-13-2011 09:21 PM

but i thot you only tackle people who still have the ball? I understand its a physical game,**** one of my favorite players of all time was Ronnie Lott. I enjoy the big hits of the NFL. I agree with THUNDERBOLT about the bulshit calls that happen because of players acting like it was bigger hit than it was, But this hit wasnt one of those bs calls.