2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NFL Football Thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84561)

gbranton 11-18-2011 12:34 AM

Re: NFL Football Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1439220)
I doubt that kind of play would cut it in the Playoffs. I think they'd get killed. He needs to find at least a small comfort zone in the pocket.

I'm not saying he doesn't need to improve, but I think he has some intangible greatness about him and instead of doing things like trading away the best reciever on the team and saying things like "If he tried to run a conventional offense he'd be screwed" that the Broncos should support him. All he has done is WIN with NOTHING around him except a good defense.

np_mach1 11-18-2011 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1439214)
Hey Merril Hodge, how about Tim Tebow now?

I've never seen a GM look like somebody peed in his cornflakes when his team goes ahead with :58 to go util I saw John Elway just now. Elway sits in the owner's booth HATING every minute of this, looking like the woman who owned the Indians in Major League. Denver has done EVERYTHING HUMANLY POSSIBLE to sabatoge Tim Tebow (which should be grounds for firing them all) and he continues to win games for them. Just imagine what he could do with a coach/GM/supporting cast who supported him.

I thought I was the only one who felt this way. They trade the best WR on the team away. They suffocate his ability with poor play calling (like going away from the spread to a conventional style O against the Lions), they still dont call the right plays for him or allow him to grow as a QB but **** it... I love the fact that he never gives up and just wins. Elway looked soooo pissed last night and I was shocked to see his face. Made me want to shake him and say Hey! Your team is going to WIN!!

Not saying we should look up to athletes as role models (since I believe that is the job of the parent to be one) but, I would be proud if my kids wanted to be like Tim Tebow when they grew up. :thumbsup:

gbranton 11-18-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1439247)
They suffocate his ability with poor play calling (like going away from the spread to a conventional style O against the Lions), they still dont call the right plays for him or allow him to grow as a QB but **** it... I love the fact that he never gives up and just wins.

Elway looked soooo pissed last night and I was shocked to see his face. Made me want to shake him and say Hey! Your team is going to WIN!!

Not saying we should look up to athletes as role models (since I believe that is the job of the parent to be one) but, I would be proud if my kids wanted to be like Tim Tebow when they grew up. :thumbsup:

Yeah like going for it on fourth down on the twenty yard line instead of kicking a FG against one of the supposed top defenses in the NFL when you KNOW it's going to be a low scoring game.

Elway is pissed, him and Fox got tired of the fans asking for Tebow so they put him out there........to fail. They only wanted to shut everyone up and it hasn't gone exactly like they anticipated, even though they undermine him at every turn. Imagine Tebow on a team with a coaching staff like the Patriots or the Steelers that makes the MOST of every player on the field and whose main focus is winning, not getting into the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

As for the role model comments AGREED and AGREED.

kiler be 11-19-2011 10:45 AM

Elway was and still is a PUNK.
Denver could still get A. Luck........If Tebow keeps winning they could trade him for the #1 over all pick. lol

ASH302 11-20-2011 11:07 PM

the cowboys made me proud today
maybe romo got the hint that he has been sucking during crunch time

ASh

gvervoren 11-21-2011 08:24 AM

10-0 go pack!!!!!

Thunderbolt 11-24-2011 02:01 PM

I've absolutely had it with these rediculous penalties for good, clean hits on players. It's really ruining the game. :angry:

acreature 11-24-2011 03:31 PM

Suh is a lil b*tch just like his coach. Terrible sportsmanship and sore loser(s).

Thunderbolt 11-24-2011 03:45 PM

The Lions ate their own young in that game. That Suh does play dirty. I've seen him do stuff like that before. You can bet the Raiders would love to pick him up.

acreature 11-24-2011 03:50 PM

If it isn't my team playing, I typically root for the underdog because I enjoy a good game. Not today; Suh made my mind up.

un gm 11-25-2011 05:31 PM

Haynsworth got 5 game suspension when he made the same classless move. Course he ripped Gurodes helmet off 1st and gashed his head open. Suh should get at least 2 games IMO

acreature 11-25-2011 08:33 PM

Ought to get the rest of the season for that (d u m b a s s) press conference afterward. LOL

gbranton 11-25-2011 08:42 PM

Yeah Suh needs a little time off from work for his latest effort.

shadowmaker 11-25-2011 11:53 PM

I said before that the lions would self implode. I agree Suh should be out for the rest of the season and fined. If James Harrison had done that or any Steeler for that matter, their career would be over.

The flags for hits are just getting out of hand. I m slowly getting into college football. Another yr or 2 of this and I wont watch NFL anymore.

Big Ron 11-27-2011 08:19 PM

It looked like Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy both don't want to be where they are.

Big Ron :secret:

gbranton 11-27-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by un gm (Post 1440984)
Suh should get at least 2 games IMO

Word is that's exactly what he's gonna get.

gbranton 11-27-2011 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Ron (Post 1441414)
It looks like all Tim Tebow does is win.

Big Ron :secret:

Fixed!

Big Ron 11-28-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1441417)
Fixed!

True, BUT it looked like he would rather be somewhere else on another team. Carried the ball 22 times!

Big Ron

gbranton 11-28-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Ron (Post 1441607)
True, BUT it looked like he would rather be somewhere else on another team. Carried the ball 22 times!

Big Ron

I'm sure he'd love to be on a team with recievers, a tight end, a GM and a coach that supports him.

However, he couldn't be on a team with a defense that is much better and that will take you pretty far in the NFL.

65fastback2+2 11-28-2011 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txmach302 (Post 1439881)
the cowboys made me proud today
maybe romo got the hint that he has been sucking during crunch time

ASh

amazing what having a running back and not having a running back does to a QB

02mach1 11-28-2011 08:15 PM

Troy Polamalu #43 for Steelers is out for 2 games hit head again on the player's knee last night.

np_mach1 11-29-2011 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 1441670)
Troy Polamalu #43 for Steelers is out for 2 games hit head again on the player's knee last night.

**** shame it was a big *** lineman that motioned to the backfield and caught a pass in the flat. Troy hit him the only place he could bring him down at and caught a knee. Effing sucks.

falcongtho3 11-29-2011 09:15 AM

Another Manning chokes in the face of the boys in Black & Gold!
Geaux Saints!

:borg:

Thunderbolt 12-11-2011 07:33 PM

:hail1: Tebow is the 2nd Coming. I think he played the Jedi mind trick on Marion Barber and told him it was ok to go out of bounds.

02mach1 12-12-2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1444602)
:hail1: Tebow is the 2nd Coming. I think he played the Jedi mind trick on Marion Barber and told him it was ok to go out of bounds.

I argee lol:CHEERS: