2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

DTMach1 02-21-2007 04:45 PM

Re: BOOOOO Kevin Harvick

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 749026)
I'm not a fan of either one so It didn't matter to me. Just out of curiosity, why wasn't this in the NASCAR thread?

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...ghlight=nascar

Done ;)

falcongtho3 02-25-2007 10:41 AM

Re: NASCAR thread

Awesome win by Kennseth in the Busch series race last night. Hopefully well see a strong day for the Roush and Yates contenders today in the Cup race after some seriously lame qualifying by the Ford contengent...

:borg:

ylopony 02-25-2007 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 751764)
Awesome win by Kennseth in the Busch series race last night. Hopefully well see a strong day for the Roush and Yates contenders today in the Cup race after some seriously lame qualifying by the Ford contengent...

Now that Roush has sold out to the Bosox I'm not the fan of Roush that I was. I hate the Red Sox. :D

But then again, I'm not allegent to any one team or manufacture. I like Gordon, Johnson, JR, Burton, Kenseth, and Kahne.

G 02-25-2007 01:21 PM

Man, adding the truck race to the mix really shows how folks like to beat up on Mark Martin at the end of a race. I think they rely on his clean driving to pull that stuff off. Try that with a Big E, Allison, Jr Johnson, or worst of all Cale. I'm not saying it's right but you had to know if you're behind them, you need to settle for second or plan on a visit to the wall. :LAUGH:

02mach1 02-25-2007 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 751764)

Matt will win today in in CA. Mark should won friday night :yeh:

gvervoren 02-25-2007 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 751860)
Matt will win today in in CA. Mark should won friday night :yeh:

I agree. I think Kenseth will take it today also. I missed the Busch and Truck race this weekend though.:wall:

gvervoren 02-25-2007 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04azuremach (Post 749139)
That was an awesome race. It was my first time at a Nascar event and I don't think anyone can truly appreciate how fast those cars are flying down the track unless they've seen it for themselves. The last wreck happened RIGHT in front of me. Got to see Kenseth go sideways at 150 mph+ right in front of me! Also got a few pictures of Jr. climbing out of his car after doing a donut for the crowd after one of the mid race wrecks.

I've been to Atlanta, Chicago, and Bristol. If you ever get a chance to go to Bristol, don't pass it up. That has got to be the best race I ever went to. Not a bad seat in the house. I would love to go to the 500 though. It is much different seeing them in person as you stated. Did you get the the little radios to listen to the drivers?

02mach1 02-25-2007 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 751898)
I've been to Atlanta, Chicago, and Bristol. If you ever get a chance to go to Bristol, don't pass it up. That has got to be the best race I ever went to. Not a bad seat in the house. I would love to go to the 500 though. It is much different seeing them in person as you stated. Did you get the the little radios to listen to the drivers?

I love Lowes Speedway it is the best.

3150Mach1 02-25-2007 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 751903)
I love Lowes Speedway it is the best.

:agree: I have been to Martinsville, Richmond, Charlotte (Lowes) and Daytona.

Handsdown Lowes Motor Speedway is the best above the rest.

gvervoren 02-25-2007 08:01 PM

I'm glad Kenseth won because I had 7 for my NASCAR pool so that means I won some money.:HOPPY:

falcongtho3 02-25-2007 08:17 PM

Glad to see Matt sweep the weekend...and Mark is the points leader now! Wish he was doing it behind the wheel of a Ford, but he's still a class act...

Blackpony04 02-25-2007 08:32 PM

I have a feeling Mark will end up behind the wheel all year afterall at this rate. This is weird to say but now I understand why Dale Jarrett fans continue to support him even though he defected to Toyota. Perish the thought, but I may actually have to buy a...gasp...Chevy Army 01 diecast....:27:

BTW, Bristol is by far the greatest track on the planet to see a NASCAR race (especially at night). As gvervoren said, there is not a bad seat in the house (you do have a pit road on both sides), the fans kick butt, and it's loud as hell. I've been to Chicago and Talladega but my Bristol experience totally topped them both from a fan's perspective. I do want to hit Charlotte, Martinsville, and Richmond in my lifetime however.

G 02-25-2007 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 752028)
Glad to see Matt sweep the weekend...and Mark is the points leader now! Wish he was doing it behind the wheel of a Ford, but he's still a class act...

:CHEERS: :THUMBSUP:

02mach1 02-26-2007 01:33 PM

next race in Vegas I say Carl will win, :worship:

Matt is in 12 place in the points he's moving up fast.:)

04azuremach 02-26-2007 02:00 PM

Re: BOOOOO Kevin Harvick

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTMach1 (Post 749564)
Done ;)

Dude, those valves in your avatar don't look so good lol.

gvervoren 02-26-2007 06:00 PM

It just sucks now that we have to wait 2 weeks until the next race. I don't understand that. A lot of the drivers complain about the long stretch of races without a weekend off towards the end of the year. But yet they race 2 weeks and have a weekend off in the beginning. Why don't they just move that off weekend in the begining of the year and break up that long stretch of continuous races towards the end of the year. Let's say like right before the chase.

birdman941 02-26-2007 06:33 PM

Did they ever officially announce what the stuff was in the
(I'll never buy a part again from) NAPA Toiletta?

3150Mach1 02-26-2007 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 752586)
Did they ever officially announce what the stuff was in the
(I'll never buy a part again from) NAPA Toiletta?

Nascar has not released any info yet. They said they may not ever.

Also Nascar said David R's crash was one of hardest recorded crashes they have had. I guess he was not knocked out but was out of breath.

Blackpony04 02-26-2007 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 752569)
It just sucks now that we have to wait 2 weeks until the next race. I don't understand that. A lot of the drivers complain about the long stretch of races without a weekend off towards the end of the year. But yet they race 2 weeks and have a weekend off in the beginning. Why don't they just move that off weekend in the begining of the year and break up that long stretch of continuous races towards the end of the year. Let's say like right before the chase.

Because it's still too "cold" in most of the country right now and if it can't be a sellout anymore they're not gonna race unless it serves NASCAR's devious intentions. That was why Rockingham, SC couldn't sell out and ended up gone and it will be the same reason Darlington is probably doomed since they lost the Southern 500 over Labor Day and have to race in early April.

Blackpony04 02-26-2007 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03Mach150BP (Post 752589)
Nascar has not released any info yet. They said they may not ever.

Also Nascar said David R's crash was one of hardest recorded crashes they have had. I guess he was not knocked out but was out of breath.

Nascar says they will never release the info.

And Reutimann's crash was freakin' scary to say the least. I thought he was a goner for sure....

3150Mach1 02-26-2007 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackpony04 (Post 752769)
Nascar says they will never release the info.

And Reutimann's crash was freakin' scary to say the least. I thought he was a goner for sure....

Wife said it was the hardest recorded crash into the safer barrier ever. How do they know that crap. I know it scared me to see him in the car slumped over. Toyota or not!!!!! Oh ya the only car Nascar runs that is built in America.

birdman941 02-26-2007 11:19 PM

They now have G-load sensors in the cars.

G 02-27-2007 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 752779)

He hit so hard they may need H-load sensors. :smokin:

birdman941 02-27-2007 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav (Post 752810)
He hit so hard they may need H-load sensors. :smokin:

Or S load..................

gvervoren 02-27-2007 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 752779)

The little black box tells it all.