2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Mach 1 Specific Event(s) (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Carlisle All Fords Mach 1 Regional - June 1-3, 2007 (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55125)

HAEG 01-13-2007 01:20 PM

Re: Carlisle All Fords Mach 1 Regional - June 1-3, 2007

CMEmach1 may be referring to his detailing schedule for the Mach and not being able to attend. Hope you all (family included) can make it.

This is a good time to determine what we are eating and who can bring what. I'll be bringing what I can carry, and go to the local grocery store for everything else.

Needs
burgers & rolls
dogs & rolls
condiments= ketchup, mustard, butter, salt, pepper, plastic eating untensils, napkins/paper towels
Salads (garden, potato, macaroni) ?

What else?

I'm providing
Yuengling Lager
Pork Ribs
NJ sweet Corn on da cob (should be available by then)
brautwurst & kraut (we can invite the Galaxy Club)

Bill Hamilton (rib sauce)

Who can help out, what can you provide?

Mikestang 01-13-2007 02:08 PM

I will be bringing
"meat"

macoroni salad or mac and cheese - mom can make this opon request

also some "beer"
and this stuff my mom makes its like a pizza rolled up like a fatty - will go good with beer at night

CMEmach1 01-13-2007 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikestang (Post 727469)
Oh well... :frown: guess I'll see you guy's Thurs. and Sat. nights

Why not come to the BBQ ?
I dont think its going to be for folks staying at the host hotel .....

We are bringing our own food and beer so I dont see why the hotel would have issues with the group having guest in for the bbq

last year you were kind enuff to rubberize there parking lot for them, the should be thankful.[/QUOTE]

I understand that anyone is welcome to the BBQ and I might stop by for a little bit but Mike it's like this.

I go to Carlisle for several reasons:

It's the best Ford & Mustang Show in the eastern part of the good 'ole USA
It's a time when I get to enjoy my family enjoying our family hobby
I get to see fellow Ford & Mustangers from the past & meet new friends
I get to walk my *** off looking for new ideas and parts in the flee market
I finally get a chance to detail my car and show it off to anyone that wants to check it out (the rest of the year I'm doing durability testing on it)
AND I get to see Chris(old school) try to walk, talk and look thru his DARK sun glasses Sat. morning

What does this have to do with the BBQ you ask? Well I would prefer to have the BBQ on Sat. night (as I mentioned a while back) because I normally take the time on Fri. night to clean up the Mach and our '87LX 5.0. It's kinda a family thing we have always done. You see Sat. morning is the reason there is a All fords Nat's.... to show off our cars, to have everything sparkling clean and detailed to perfection. Now if I go to the BBQ on FRI. night I won't have the time to wash, vacuum the carpets, clean the windows, detail the engine bay and polish the chrome etc. Now I know some people trailer their cars and keep them clean 24/7. Others don't drive them enough to get them dirty. And some are just able to have theirs clean all the time. I on the other hand I drive the livin piss outa my Mach1 and between the all night crusin, drag strip passes, Playing on the twisty PA. back roads, Sat afternoon just take a drive for the heck of it and general durability maintenance work I have a tough time keeping it in showroom condition. Hey 66k in 4 years and it's not my DD!

I guess maybe I am just the black sheep of the group but that's why I would prefer to have the BBQ on Sat. night.Then I could relax and let it all hang out and not worry about looking like old school on Sunday morning. I don't like trying to do the cleanup and final prep work with a hang over...... as a matter of fact it sucks if you ask me. I'm not as young as I used to be and recovery takes a lot longer than it used to! Hey some people really don't care about the Sat. morning car show but I am willing to be honest and say that I do. I love it when someone says it's not about the trophies.... bullturds....ever see how many crowd around the tables Sunday morning to "See Who Won" ? I'm not a total fanatic about it but I do want to put on a good show. I'm proud of my car and want it to be the best I can make it. If I'm hung over it will be so-so and look like crap.

Well I'll get down off my soap box now and sorry to take up so much space here. Like I said I might stop by for a little bit but I'll just wait till Sat.morning and check out old schools DARK sun glasses. When he takes them off for a sec. I'll know how good the BBQ was :)

P.S. I would be glad to re rubberize the parking lot if needed :)

Mach1 EH 01-13-2007 03:16 PM

The day of the BBQ, if someone can point me in the general direction of a grocery store, we will get some grub too!

JDraper 01-13-2007 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAEG (Post 727543)

Who can help out, what can you provide?

We'll bring homemade chocolate chip cookies, fruits, veggies, and some hotdogs and buns :)

old school 01-14-2007 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDraper (Post 727669)
We'll bring homemade chocolate chip cookies, fruits, veggies, and some hotdogs and buns :)

I'll bring a case of Molson Canadian , Turtle Wax, Alka Seltzer, Sunglasses & help cook.....+ help the Maid.....:frown:

JDraper 01-14-2007 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old school (Post 728269)
I'll bring a case of Molson Canadian ....+ help the Maid.....:frown:

lol..Ya think she's gonna want your help after last year??:claus:

Oh yeah, we'll bring some proper adult malted beverages with us too :smokin: !!

boney 01-15-2007 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMEmach1 (Post 727628)
Why not come to the BBQ ?
I dont think its going to be for folks staying at the host hotel .....

We are bringing our own food and beer so I dont see why the hotel would have issues with the group having guest in for the bbq

last year you were kind enuff to rubberize there parking lot for them, the should be thankful.

I understand that anyone is welcome to the BBQ and I might stop by for a little bit but Mike it's like this.

I go to Carlisle for several reasons:

It's the best Ford & Mustang Show in the eastern part of the good 'ole USA
It's a time when I get to enjoy my family enjoying our family hobby
I get to see fellow Ford & Mustangers from the past & meet new friends
I get to walk my *** off looking for new ideas and parts in the flee market
I finally get a chance to detail my car and show it off to anyone that wants to check it out (the rest of the year I'm doing durability testing on it)
AND I get to see Chris(old school) try to walk, talk and look thru his DARK sun glasses Sat. morning

What does this have to do with the BBQ you ask? Well I would prefer to have the BBQ on Sat. night (as I mentioned a while back) because I normally take the time on Fri. night to clean up the Mach and our '87LX 5.0. It's kinda a family thing we have always done. You see Sat. morning is the reason there is a All fords Nat's.... to show off our cars, to have everything sparkling clean and detailed to perfection. Now if I go to the BBQ on FRI. night I won't have the time to wash, vacuum the carpets, clean the windows, detail the engine bay and polish the chrome etc. Now I know some people trailer their cars and keep them clean 24/7. Others don't drive them enough to get them dirty. And some are just able to have theirs clean all the time. I on the other hand I drive the livin piss outa my Mach1 and between the all night crusin, drag strip passes, Playing on the twisty PA. back roads, Sat afternoon just take a drive for the heck of it and general durability maintenance work I have a tough time keeping it in showroom condition. Hey 66k in 4 years and it's not my DD!

I guess maybe I am just the black sheep of the group but that's why I would prefer to have the BBQ on Sat. night.Then I could relax and let it all hang out and not worry about looking like old school on Sunday morning. I don't like trying to do the cleanup and final prep work with a hang over...... as a matter of fact it sucks if you ask me. I'm not as young as I used to be and recovery takes a lot longer than it used to! Hey some people really don't care about the Sat. morning car show but I am willing to be honest and say that I do. I love it when someone says it's not about the trophies.... bullturds....ever see how many crowd around the tables Sunday morning to "See Who Won" ? I'm not a total fanatic about it but I do want to put on a good show. I'm proud of my car and want it to be the best I can make it. If I'm hung over it will be so-so and look like crap.

Well I'll get down off my soap box now and sorry to take up so much space here. Like I said I might stop by for a little bit but I'll just wait till Sat.morning and check out old schools DARK sun glasses. When he takes them off for a sec. I'll know how good the BBQ was :)

P.S. I would be glad to re rubberize the parking lot if needed :)[/QUOTE]

Hey Ole Buddy,

"Others don't drive them enough to get them dirty. And some are just able to have theirs clean all the time"

You talking about me? Looking forward to seeing you again this year. I enjoy this show also and it is people like you and all the others that make it worth while.

Boney

Mikestang 01-15-2007 09:28 AM

Alot of folks go to the show for differnt reasons I guess, but what ever that reason is its a good show to go and attend.

Personally in the past i spent days cleaning my car for the show only to hit rain on the way down and F it all up. Last year I didnt do much before the show just a wash and wax ... and I do about an hour of cleaning at the show. This year i am going to have the car professionaly detailed not for the show its due to the fact the car is 4 years old and the paint has some spiderwebs. I am an ok detailer there are things I do not have the skill or tools to do (gona have it done with a wheel) My car is not the most modded or the most cherry of the machs its a driver :) 26k in 4 years.

I go to the show to see others share the same passion for our cars and to meet and and talk with some friends I speak to on the board all year long....I can honesly say I never expect to win a trophy at the show and it never bothers me to come home empty handed with nothing but memories of good times and good folks.

boney 01-15-2007 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikestang (Post 728737)
Alot of folks go to the show for differnt reasons I guess, but what ever that reason is its a good show to go and attend.

Personally in the past i spent days cleaning my car for the show only to hit rain on the way down and F it all up. Last year I didnt do much before the show just a wash and wax ... and I do about an hour of cleaning at the show. This year i am going to have the car professionaly detailed not for the show its due to the fact the car is 4 years old and the paint has some spiderwebs. I am an ok detailer there are things I do not have the skill or tools to do (gona have it done with a wheel) My car is not the most modded or the most cherry of the machs its a driver :) 26k in 4 years.

I go to the show to see others share the same passion for our cars and to meet and and talk with some friends I speak to on the board all year long....I can honesly say I never expect to win a trophy at the show and it never bothers me to come home empty handed with nothing but memories of good times and good folks.

Mike,

Your car is great looking. I am just to scared to drive mine that much. The fun part is spending time with guys like you that have the same passion for their cars, even if they all use them in different ways.

Dave

CMEmach1 01-15-2007 01:16 PM

You talking about me? Looking forward to seeing you again this year. I enjoy this show also and it is people like you and all the others that make it worth while.

Boney[/QUOTE]

What would make you think I was talking about you ??? :):)lol
Hey Dave how many miles do you have on your Mach now?
I have been to the All Ford Nat's since the first one and it is with out a doubt the BEST!! I love the cars, flee market and most of all the people!

NOTE to oldschool: Make sure those glasses are very dark, I think the sun might be out early on Sat. morning this year!

Mikestang 01-15-2007 02:18 PM

Note to self
Bring cheep sunglasses

boney 01-15-2007 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMEmach1 (Post 728827)

Boney

I have been to the All Ford Nat's since the first one and it is with out a doubt the BEST!! I love the cars, flee market and most of all the people!

NOTE to oldschool: Make sure those glasses are very dark, I think the sun might be out early on Sat. morning this year![/QUOTE]

I have 3500.9 miles on it now. I slipped last year and did not get the 1k I plan to run it each year. So I can put an extra 500 miles on it this year. I might even uncover it on Friday....lol.........:)

Dave

CMEmach1 01-15-2007 05:13 PM

Dave you are a better man than I. There is NO way I could limit myself to 1K a year!!!!! I have a hard time limiting myself to 1K a month!

Mikestang 01-15-2007 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boney (Post 728870)

NOTE to oldschool: Make sure those glasses are very dark, I think the sun might be out early on Sat. morning this year!

I have 3500.9 miles on it now. I slipped last year and did not get the 1k I plan to run it each year. So I can put an extra 500 miles on it this year. I might even uncover it on Friday....lol.........:)

Dave[/QUOTE]

Save them miles so you can roll with us !

HAEG 01-16-2007 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1 EH (Post 727637)
The day of the BBQ, if someone can point me in the general direction of a grocery store, we will get some grub too!

No problem, it's just down the road. So is the beer supply. I plan on purchasing most items locally as well.

Mach1 EH 01-16-2007 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAEG (Post 729335)
No problem, it's just down the road. So is the beer supply. I plan on purchasing most items locally as well.

:CHEERS: :ORANGE:

Mach1 EH 01-19-2007 03:09 PM

OH man, time is moving so slowly.
Come on spring!

03mach69mach 01-19-2007 04:31 PM

We need to get the list together on how many are coming.

Here goes:

1. 03mach69mach
2. 03mach1
3. HAEG
4. mufftang66
5. JDraper
6. PAZach
7. Bill Hamilton
8. zap
9. RnJstel
10. STICK
11. old school
12. Mikestang
13. Orange Krush
14. Mach1 EH
15. 02Mach1 (Yeah-Frank!)
16. Hammer
17. Red Mach'03
18. linemup
19. CMEmach1
20. mach1granny
21. Mach1Marauder
22. crtbones
23. boney
24. prttychromekity
25. RedLiner
26. SHAKERRR
27. GRB60
28. DarkShadow
29. II CQQL
30. TOM'SMACH!
31. 04VAMach1
32. TOM'SMACH1
33. DarkShadow

This may not be all, but all that have posted in this thread.

Linumup 01-19-2007 07:24 PM

OK guys a couple of questions . First off im only located about an hour and a half away . Is there anything going on Thurs. that i really need to be there ?
I was thinking of coming up on Fri. morning . I will be trailoring my car so is there places to park complete rig ? Do you leave car at Carlisle lot all weekend ? Is it safe ? Is there ample enough space fpr trailor at either location ? I most doubtedly will stay at Homewood . Like to know before i go and register .

Thanks Bill/Linemup

JDraper 01-19-2007 07:36 PM

Bill, there's plenty of space at the Homewood suites for a trailer, but if you want to trailer it all the way to the show, you better get a trailer permit from the Carlisle website asap. We trailered in our '66 last year, but couldn't get a space for our tow vehicle on the showgrounds (all pre-bought up). The Homewood seems to be pretty safe. There are a lot of show cars there, and we've never had any issues.

Usually we keep the cars at the Homewood at night, and road trip to the fairgrounds in the morning...nice little cruise :ANGEL:

Linumup 01-19-2007 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDraper (Post 731565)
Bill, there's plenty of space at the Homewood suites for a trailer, but if you want to trailer it all the way to the show, you better get a trailer permit from the Carlisle website asap. We trailered in our '66 last year, but couldn't get a space for our tow vehicle on the showgrounds (all pre-bought up). The Homewood seems to be pretty safe. There are a lot of show cars there, and we've never had any issues.

Usually we keep the cars at the Homewood at night, and road trip to the fairgrounds in the morning...nice little cruise :ANGEL:

Ill keep the truck and trailor at Homewood and cruise with you guys to the fairgrounds . What is going on Thurs. ? If not , then i will head up on Fri.. Just want to make sure there is enough space .

Thanks

JDraper 01-19-2007 08:10 PM

Thursday night is usually arrival time. Show up, get hotel room, go pick up registration at Carlisle (if you get there early enough), get dinner and then sit by the pool, drink and bs....

Aaaannndd...start rubberizing the hotel parking lot for the season. :)

Linumup 01-19-2007 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDraper (Post 731586)
Thursday night is usually arrival time. Show up, get hotel room, go pick up registration at Carlisle (if you get there early enough), get dinner and then sit by the pool, drink and bs....

Aaaannndd...start rubberizing the hotel parking lot for the season. :)

What do you mean by pick up reg. at Carlisle ? Thats the credentials thing ?
What are they asking for ? How long does it take .

What would you recommend ?

JDraper 01-19-2007 08:42 PM

When you register on-line for Carlisle, you get a pre-registration card in the mail. You have to take that card to the registration desk at the fairgrounds to pick up your full registration, vehicle fairground pass, voting ballots, goodie bag, etc. Some people avoid the Friday morning crowd and go down to the Fairgrounds Thursday afternoon and pick the credentials up so you can just drive right onto the grounds Friday morning. If we get down there early enough on Thursday, I'll be picking up our stuff. The crowds on Friday morning can get pretty big...