2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NFL Football Thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84561)

np_mach1 11-01-2011 05:57 PM

Re: NFL Football Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbyB (Post 1435577)
The loss to D was with two of our starting WR being absent and was a blown coverage play away from being a W.

Anyway, The Lions were undefeated at the time with a good offense and defense.

I wasn't aware the Steelers had a good offense. The Niners are scoring 5 points a game more than they are. Yards don't win games. Points do. They turn opportunities into points better than any team. They score more points per yard than any team and allow the fewest points per yard gained on defense.

Their defense is the best in the NFL against the run and allow the fewest amount of points. Also, are best in the red zone. When big ben has no running game to compliment him (which he won't, the niners haven't allowed a 100 yard rusher in 29 straight games), he will crumble.

He might throw a 100/yards a game more than Smith, but when you average a pick per game, how much does that yardage matter?

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sport...132703658.html

HAHA the Skins were also 3-1 at one point this season so being undefeated for a few games means about as much as well nothing. Dallas also scored 27 points on the niners, so were those absent WR's playing Defense? And who was absent... Michael Crabtree?? HA! Plus wasn't Dez missing from that game for the boys?? Don't even get started on the injury thing it can go both ways. On top of that you are talking about stats against average and below average teams.

Pittsburgh has transitioned from a run to a pass team. Mendy has only 1 game all year over 100 yards. Ben doesn't need a run game, Ben hasn't needed a run game in a long while. Good luck covering any of our WR's. Possibly the most explosive group in the NFL hands down.

Hate to tell you but you can throw all over that secondary in SF. I love the match up in our favor. Alex Smith won't win this game for you and he will be exposed for the average Qb that he is.

Like I said earlier not knocking them just saying intersted to see them play a good team and see how they stack up. You back your team :orange: It's been a while since Niners have been relevant but its nice to see.

For what it's worth Steelers don't deserve a #3 power ranking. We haven't done enough. Let's beat Baltimore then we can talk about being #3 and actually deserving to be there.

RobbyB 11-02-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1435594)
HAHA the Skins were also 3-1 at one point this season so being undefeated for a few games means about as much as well nothing. Dallas also scored 27 points on the niners, so were those absent WR's playing Defense? And who was absent... Michael Crabtree?? HA! Plus wasn't Dez missing from that game for the boys?? Don't even get started on the injury thing it can go both ways. On top of that you are talking about stats against average and below average teams.

Pittsburgh has transitioned from a run to a pass team. Mendy has only 1 game all year over 100 yards. Ben doesn't need a run game, Ben hasn't needed a run game in a long while. Good luck covering any of our WR's. Possibly the most explosive group in the NFL hands down.

Hate to tell you but you can throw all over that secondary in SF. I love the match up in our favor. Alex Smith won't win this game for you and he will be exposed for the average Qb that he is.

Like I said earlier not knocking them just saying intersted to see them play a good team and see how they stack up. You back your team :orange: It's been a while since Niners have been relevant but its nice to see.

For what it's worth Steelers don't deserve a #3 power ranking. We haven't done enough. Let's beat Baltimore then we can talk about being #3 and actually deserving to be there.

Crabtree and Braylon Edwards.

By your own definition of Elite team, your team has not beaten one this year.

The Patriots have the worst defense in the NFL.

And even if you beat Baltimore, their offense is ATROCIOUS.

Furthermore, in the Dallas game, the Niners lead the whole game and like I said.. it was a blown coverage play away from being a big win. If you want to talk about losses, I could bring up Baltimore. Your team sure looked great in that one didn't they! And 10 points against Houston? MIAMI got 13.

np_mach1 11-02-2011 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbyB (Post 1435753)
Crabtree and Braylon Edwards.

By your own definition of Elite team, your team has not beaten one this year.

The Patriots have the worst defense in the NFL.

And even if you beat Baltimore, their offense is ATROCIOUS.

Furthermore, in the Dallas game, the Niners lead the whole game and like I said.. it was a blown coverage play away from being a big win. If you want to talk about losses, I could bring up Baltimore. Your team sure looked great in that one didn't they! And 10 points against Houston? MIAMI got 13.

You are taking it to heart. Steelers have been a top 5 team in the NFL for 10 plus years. We beat quality teams year in and year out. Your team is having a good first half of one season. THATS IT!! It will be perfect when our teams meet. All the bugs worked out everyone should be hitting their stride from the shortened pre season. No excuses, just good football.

Remember who started the **** talking when you actually play some decent competition. I sure will :laugh:

serviceman1 11-07-2011 07:32 AM

Anybody have a defense for sale. The pats are in need

65fastback2+2 11-07-2011 07:35 AM

cowboys win, steelers lose, pats lose....what a superb day.

looks like next week they'll all have identical records too bahahaha

Thunderbolt 11-07-2011 06:05 PM

Go back to the 1st grade. Pitt's record is 6-3. Buffalo is'nt any slouch either.

un gm 11-07-2011 06:21 PM

Not bragging about that ugly azz cowboy win.

02mach1 11-07-2011 06:28 PM

Steelers will beat bengals this week:yes:

Thunderbolt 11-07-2011 08:16 PM

Demarco Murray is gonna be a great running back. I saw him play the week before he got his 253 yards, and you could tell already that he was better than Felix Jones.

RobbyB 11-10-2011 10:31 AM

LOL Steelers suck.

And the Niners should have beat the Redskins 26-3, but the refs got a call wrong on an endzone dive for us that WAS a touch down. And the redskins got a TD in garbage time with most of the second string on defense. Meh. I'll take a W, but the game was way more lop sided than the score shows.

shadowmaker 11-10-2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbyB (Post 1437555)
LOL Steelers suck.

And the Niners should have beat the Redskins 26-3, but the refs got a call wrong on an endzone dive for us that WAS a touch down. And the redskins got a TD in garbage time with most of the second string on defense. Meh. I'll take a W, but the game was way more lop sided than the score shows.

Here we go. Nobody has been a 49ers fan in 15 yrs. Now that they are winning, "I ve always been a 49ers fan". The band wagon is loading....

RobbyB 11-10-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowmaker (Post 1437611)
Here we go. Nobody has been a 49ers fan in 15 yrs. Now that they are winning, "I ve always been a 49ers fan". The band wagon is loading....

LOL, K. My old username is 04AzureMach. Go back to last year when they sucked. I was still here talking *****.

I rooted for them during their 2-14 season just as much as I am now on their season on pace for 14-2. You know what they say about assumptions...

gbranton 11-10-2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowmaker (Post 1437611)

One thing you can say about me is that I'm here talking (or complaining) about my Bears whether they are 12-4 or 4-12.

shadowmaker 11-10-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbyB (Post 1437612)
LOL, K. My old username is 04AzureMach. Go back to last year when they sucked. I was still here talking *****.

I rooted for them during their 2-14 season just as much as I am now on their season on pace for 14-2. You know what they say about assumptions...

Its football season, smack talk and assumptions are part of it. :D A few 49er fans have popped up at work. And I know go and well they were pulling for someone else last yr.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1437615)
One thing you can say about me is that I'm here talking (or complaining) about my Bears whether they are 12-4 or 4-12.

I m a Steeler fan, this is my 36th yr. When they won the last Superbowl, I had on my jacket and this guy tells me, "I ve always been a Steeler fan". Then goes on to talk about Hines Ward playing defense and called someone a linebacker that played on the offensive line. I tuned him out after that. :smack:

Thunderbolt 11-10-2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbyB (Post 1437612)
just as much as I am now on their season on pace for 14-2.

You can have your #1 seed in the Playoffs at 14-2. Then promptly watch them get their azzes handed to them.

RobbyB 11-11-2011 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1437699)
You can have your #1 seed in the Playoffs at 14-2. Then promptly watch them get their azzes handed to them.

By whom? We almost beat the Saints and Falcons last year with a moron for a head coach. They were both better teams last year than they are this year. Can't say that about the Niners though. Also, we already beat the Lions IN DETROIT. The Eagles won't be there. The only other team we could possibly play in the first round is the Giants. We'll see how we handle this this weekend. Also could be the Bears, but all they have is a running game and all we do is stop the run better than anybody. They on the other hand don't stop the run nearly as good. The only team I'm worried about (as is every other team) is the Packers. And looks like we wouldn't play them until the conference game. That wouldn't be promptly losing. With a backup QB, we were competitive with them last year. Actually led at the half, but just like every other game last year, the team collapsed. Hasn't happened this year though.

np_mach1 11-11-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbyB (Post 1437758)
By whom? We almost beat the Saints and Falcons last year with a moron for a head coach. They were both better teams last year than they are this year. Can't say that about the Niners though. Also, we already beat the Lions IN DETROIT. The Eagles won't be there. The only other team we could possibly play in the first round is the Giants. We'll see how we handle this this weekend. Also could be the Bears, but all they have is a running game and all we do is stop the run better than anybody. They on the other hand don't stop the run nearly as good. The only team I'm worried about (as is every other team) is the Packers. And looks like we wouldn't play them until the conference game. That wouldn't be promptly losing. With a backup QB, we were competitive with them last year. Actually led at the half, but just like every other game last year, the team collapsed. Hasn't happened this year though.

Don't worry you will have your chance to come back down to earth. At some point your team will have to throw and then we will all get to see the real Alex Smith. Giants have the team to get up on the Niners and force them to play a style of ball they don't want to.

RobbyB 11-11-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1437762)
Don't worry you will have your chance to come back down to earth. At some point your team will have to throw and then we will all get to see the real Alex Smith. Giants have the team to get up on the Niners and force them to play a style of ball they don't want to.

The Niners have had no problem scoring (more points so far than the Steelers). The Giants can't stop the run to save their lives.

That being said, the Niners were down by 20 and 10 behind the Eagles and Lions respectively and still came back and won. Smith threw 200 yards in the third quarter against the Eagles and led a game winning drive against the Lions. He has the 3rd best 4th quarter quarterback rating. He's been pretty clutch. What people don't seem to get is, just because they don't throw it a lot doesn't mean they can't. If you can run the ball at will (which is less risk than throwing as well as shortens the game), why risk interceptions and injuring receivers?

When it comes down to it, the Niners have a top notch receiving core. Better than the Steelers. Yes, I said it. Braylon Edwards, Mike Crabtree, Vernon Davis and Delanie walker are all big receivers/tight ends that are match up problems with the exception of Crabtree who is more of a finesse receiver. 3/4 are first round draft picks. The O-line is nothing but first and second rounders. Smith has a lot of help. He doesn't have to be Peyton Manning for the Niners to win. He has the fewest interceptions thrown per attempt and he's really starting to learn the offense (lots of audibles recently) and is only going to get better. He's already miles ahead of last year.

Thunderbolt 11-11-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbyB (Post 1437758)
By whom?

:23: Sounds strangely familiar to what a Patsy fan would say. "My team's shiite don't stink". :rolleyes:

RobbyB 11-11-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1437779)
:23: Sounds strangely familiar to what a Patsy fan would say. "My team's shiite don't stink". :rolleyes:

I just don't see them losing their first play off game. If they lose to the Packers in the second game (NFC Championship), then that won't exactly be anything to be ashamed of.

np_mach1 11-11-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbyB (Post 1437773)
The Niners have had no problem scoring (more points so far than the Steelers). The Giants can't stop the run to save their lives.

That being said, the Niners were down by 20 and 10 behind the Eagles and Lions respectively and still came back and won. Smith threw 200 yards in the third quarter against the Eagles and led a game winning drive against the Lions. He has the 3rd best 4th quarter quarterback rating. He's been pretty clutch. What people don't seem to get is, just because they don't throw it a lot doesn't mean they can't. If you can run the ball at will (which is less risk than throwing as well as shortens the game), why risk interceptions and injuring receivers?

When it comes down to it, the Niners have a top notch receiving core. Better than the Steelers. Yes, I said it. Braylon Edwards, Mike Crabtree, Vernon Davis and Delanie walker are all big receivers/tight ends that are match up problems with the exception of Crabtree who is more of a finesse receiver. 3/4 are first round draft picks. The O-line is nothing but first and second rounders. Smith has a lot of help. He doesn't have to be Peyton Manning for the Niners to win. He has the fewest interceptions thrown per attempt and he's really starting to learn the offense (lots of audibles recently) and is only going to get better. He's already miles ahead of last year.

I can't even talk to you anymore about this. You are delusional. You really think the WR's for the Niners are better... never mind this is retarded. Like arguing with a 10 year old. :crazy:

:12: are you on drugs?

Haha hey man good luck though for real. It's good to see you supporting your team like you did back in the 90's. Break out your starter jacket baby!!

You sound like all the Skins fans here trying to support your belief with stats. People don't believe you becasue the team is suspect. They haven't done anything yet.

np_mach1 11-11-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbyB (Post 1437780)
I just don't see them losing their first play off game. If they lose to the Packers in the second game (NFC Championship), then that won't exactly be anything to be ashamed of.

IF they make it to the playoffs. Playoff births haven't been given out yet have they?

RobbyB 11-11-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1437781)
I can't even talk to you anymore about this. You are delusional. You really think the WR's for the Niners are better... never mind this is retarded. Like arguing with a 10 year old. :crazy:

:12: are you on drugs?

Haha hey man good luck though for real. It's good to see you supporting your team like you did back in the 90's. Break out your starter jacket baby!!

You sound like all the Skins fans here trying to support your belief with stats. People don't believe you becasue the team is suspect. They haven't done anything yet.

I watch all of your games. My fiance is a Raven's fan. My two best friends are Steelers fans. Unlike you, I actually know something about your team. You clearly know nothing about mine. Mike Wallace is all you got. Ward is old and slow. Brown is having a break out season, but it won't be long until defenses adjust. Heath Miller doesn't even belong in the same conversation as Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker.

Crabtree makes Santanio Holmes twinkle toes catches. Kind of like how he DIDN'T actually get both feet down against the Cards in the SB. Speaking of which... kind of funny how much you struggled against them in the SB when we not only swept them that year, but beat them handily.

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1437783)
IF they make it to the playoffs. Playoff births haven't been given out yet have they?

They can clinch their terrible division in two games. They're up by 5 games already. The #1 and 2# seed are many games away, but they could slip and fall into the #4 seed without much effort at this point. If the niners beat the Giants, the rest of the division loses (arizona vs philly, st louis vs cleveland, seattle vs baltimore) and then next week the Niners beat the Cards and the Rams beat the Seahawks, they clinch the division with 9 wins. That would put the rest of the division at 2-8. I know how weak of a division it is, but so far they have only played 1 division game. They have 5 more games against terrible teams. Even if they only win 4 of those 5 and none against the Ravens, Steelers and Giants, they still finish 11-5. A record that is statstically impossible for the rest of the division.

shadowmaker 11-11-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbyB (Post 1437788)
I watch all of your games. My fiance is a Raven's fan. My two best friends are Steelers fans. Unlike you, I actually know something about your team. You clearly know nothing about mine. Mike Wallace is all you got. Ward is old and slow. Brown is having a break out season, but it won't be long until defenses adjust. Heath Miller doesn't even belong in the same conversation as Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker.

Crabtree makes Santanio Holmes twinkle toes catches. Kind of like how he DIDN'T actually get both feet down against the Cards in the SB. Speaking of which... kind of funny how much you struggled against them in the SB when we not only swept them that year, but beat them handily.

They can clinch their terrible division in two games. They're up by 5 games already. The #1 and 2# seed are many games away, but they could slip and fall into the #4 seed without much effort at this point. If the niners beat the Giants, the rest of the division loses (arizona vs philly, st louis vs cleveland, seattle vs baltimore) and then next week the Niners beat the Cards and the Rams beat the Seahawks, they clinch the division with 9 wins. That would put the rest of the division at 2-8. I know how weak of a division it is, but so far they have only played 1 division game. They have 5 more games against terrible teams. Even if they only win 4 of those 5 and none against the Ravens, Steelers and Giants, they still finish 11-5. A record that is statstically impossible for the rest of the division.

All the Steelers have is Wallace? Are you drunk? Wallace, Sanders, Brown, Crotchery, Ward, Miller, and an back field that can catch and run as well. SF doesnt have ONE player in the top 50. Steelers have 3, Heath being one of them. SF passing game is ranked #31, Steelers are #6, 2nd in the AFC. SF defense is good at stopping the run, #1 to be exact but #22 against the pass. Times have changed, running the ball doesnt win football games anymore. You have to be able to pass....ALOT.

Ward maybe old but hes no way slow and he can still get the job done. The only WR in the league that a top ranked LB calls out.

We have a make shift OL and a put together defense. All of the starting defense has yet to be on the field at the same time.

Take our starting QB away last yr for 4 games and where did we end up? And lose with a QB that had a broken foot and broke nose. A star LB that had 2 back surgeries in the offseason.....

I know it all falls on deaf ears, you learn over the years as a Steeler fan, everyone loves to see you lose. Dont make excuses and just go with the flow. Heck even with 2 Superbowls, they are just now putting Ben in the same category as Brady and the other golden QBs of the NFL.

All I hear is the packers packers packers....WHO have the played? How in the world did they get that schedule? Only tough game they have are the Lions, Bears, and maybe the chargers.

Thunderbolt 11-11-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbyB (Post 1437788)

Have you and Fastback 2-2 been talking? You both sound like twin brothers. Oh, and 3 turnovers tend to make you struggle in any game. As I remember, it took till the last 1 minute of the game to decide the winner.