2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NFL Football Thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84561)

Fauxnali 09-26-2011 11:28 AM

Re: NFL Football Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 1426016)
The Lions or the Lines lol :loser:

Heyoo!!!

What happened?
Lions are the comeback Kids, along with the Bills of course.

shadowmaker 09-26-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by un gm (Post 1424442)
Romo redeems himself. What guts, what a comeback, I will remember this game every time he ****s up the rest of the season.

HOW? He plays one game hurt and he 'redeems himself'? Hes an avg QB at best, hes a drama queen, and he ll never live up to the being a 'great quarterback'.

I hate the cowpatties but they would ve been better off keeping Kitna and letting Romeo go about his merry way. Or even better draft one. Glad Jerry Jones likes him. As long as Jerry is running the show, Dallas will never be a major contender. And thats the only reason Garret got the job, Jerry has him under his thumb.

shadowmaker 09-26-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serviceman1 (Post 1426512)
They may have lost this time but all you PATRIOT haters know they will be there at the end of the year. For a game with 4 pics they should have lost by a crap load. Glad to see the jets are keeping pace with them. Oh and if the colts had a quarter back it would not have even been close.

Yeah hard to beat a team when you have the commissioner in your pocket. Cheatelichick shouldve been banned for life and is a disgrace to coaches everywhere. Dont even get me started on them....

How would it have not been close? Ben gave them 2 touchdowns. Cant win games when you turn the ball over. I knew before the game started it was going to be tough. This is a good football TEAM that has been reading in the papers for weeks now that they suck bc Manning is out. They were out to prove a point and they stepped up. Just like the Steelers did last yr when they lost Ben for 4 games. So your statement about having a QB is a bogus one.

The colts shouldve put some confidence in Painter and let him play. It was a slap in the face by them going after Collins without giving him a chance.

np_mach1 09-26-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowmaker (Post 1426554)
The colts shouldve put some confidence in Painter and let him play. It was a slap in the face by them going after Collins without giving him a chance.

How could they deny this face?? (No homo.)

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/...inter-hair.jpg

serviceman1 09-26-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowmaker (Post 1426554)
Yeah hard to beat a team when you have the commissioner in your pocket. Cheatelichick shouldve been banned for life and is a disgrace to coaches everywhere. Dont even get me started on them....

How would it have not been close? Ben gave them 2 touchdowns. Cant win games when you turn the ball over. I knew before the game started it was going to be tough. This is a good football TEAM that has been reading in the papers for weeks now that they suck bc Manning is out. They were out to prove a point and they stepped up. Just like the Steelers did last yr when they lost Ben for 4 games. So your statement about having a QB is a bogus one.

If you watched the game you would agree Collins and Painter could not find an open pair of hands to save the day.

Thunderbolt 09-26-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serviceman1 (Post 1426512)
They may have lost this time but all you PATRIOT haters know they will be there at the end of the year. For a game with 4 pics they should have lost by a crap load. Oh and if the colts had a quarter back it would not have even been close.

:eyes::eyes::eyes: It's raining tears in your beer.

shadowmaker 09-26-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serviceman1 (Post 1426586)
If you watched the game you would agree Collins and Painter could not find an open pair of hands to save the day.

I did watch but I still think they shouldve showed some confidence in the guy and let it him play. His career consist of 4 games, 1 of them last night. Its a big step going from college to the pros. And regardless of how they ve looked so far this year, the Steelers are still a super bowl team. It wasnt like he was playing a local high school team.

serviceman1 09-26-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1426590)
:eyes::eyes::eyes: It's raining tears in your beer.

Glad to see to have a great sense of humor it probably helps when you are tin can fan :3amin:

ASH302 09-27-2011 12:17 AM

well happy the cowboys won, was shocked on how they played and still won, i will say though it wasn't Romo fault this game, the center, WR, and a few others just wasn't on the right page. either way a win is a win and i'll take it even if its all by FG's

ASh

un gm 09-27-2011 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txmach302 (Post 1426737)
well happy the cowboys won, was shocked on how they played and still won, i will say though it wasn't Romo fault this game, the center, WR, and a few others just wasn't on the right page. either way a win is a win and i'll take it even if its all by FG's

ASh

9th game in a row decided by 3 points or less. Installing longer edge on my chair before next sunday.

Mach351 09-27-2011 09:46 AM

i haven't been into pro-sports so much the last few years, but the spousal unit had the MNF game on last night so i caught the last half.

when did it become illegal to sack the quarterback?

some of the calls the zebras made (on both sides) seemed very subjective to me.

ASH302 09-27-2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach351 (Post 1426781)
i haven't been into pro-sports so much the last few years, but the spousal unit had the MNF game on last night so i caught the last half.

i just kinda pick back up on it a couple years ago and that is one thing i saw that changed was all the flags being called, i guess its part of protecting the QB more. also the Refs last night pissed me off on some of there calls even the guys upstairs were like WTF

ASh

Fauxnali 09-27-2011 11:34 AM

Quarter backs are becoming more like kickers all the time. Can't touch em.
Although if you lose your star quarterback you end up like the Colts. The league or it's fans don't want to see their star players missing from the game.

ASH302 09-27-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fauxnali (Post 1426802)
Quarter backs are becoming more like kickers all the time. Can't touch em.
Although if you lose your star quarterback you end up like the Colts. The league or it's fans don't want to see their star players missing from the game.

does piss me off how many flags are thrown threw a game its like let em play

ASh

Fauxnali 09-27-2011 11:38 AM

yeah, true enough, the game drags on when they go like that.

ASH302 09-27-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fauxnali (Post 1426807)
yeah, true enough, the game drags on when they go like that.

its also like any good play or amount of yards there always seems to be a flag. i just don't get it sometimes. or how they mark the ball too kills me and it becomes having a review for every play, kills me :headbang:

ASh

02mach1 09-27-2011 11:51 AM

n.o 43 save the day for steelers,:)

serviceman1 09-27-2011 01:39 PM

The NFL is just trying to be polticaly correct and pussify the game like the polatitions did to america.

np_mach1 09-27-2011 03:12 PM

They did it for the CREAM... just like everything else

(Cash Rules Everything Around Me)

vertigyn 09-27-2011 03:15 PM

Went to my first NFL game ever on Sunday - Bucs vs. Falcons. Had a blast! Really fun being there in person - especially when your team wins =)

shadowmaker 09-27-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach351 (Post 1426781)

It started with Tom Brady, its known as the 'Brady Rule'. Goodell is a Patriot fan, who is the commissioner by the way. And it has gradually snow balled. There are players now who have played a certain way all their life and NOW Goodell who has never played, wants to say they are tackling 'illegal'.

If they dont get rid of Goodell, in 5 yrs, football will be like racing.

Thunderbolt 09-27-2011 07:50 PM

Anytime you see a good hit anymore, 9 times out of 10 they throw a flag. It's pathetic. It's so funny to remember seeing games 30+ years ago and guys were getting killed every play. Clipping, and blocking in the back were about the worst flags you could get. Everything else was legal.

65fastback2+2 09-27-2011 10:29 PM

i understand the safety thing of it

but its not about safety

its about money

the whole "but after they retire and this injury plagues them years later and costs them a lot of money to have repaired...."

thats why they stinkin make millions. should just force them to save 20% annually and call it a day.

02mach1 10-01-2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1427034)
i understand the safety thing of it

but its not about safety

its about money

the whole "but after they retire and this injury plagues them years later and costs them a lot of money to have repaired...."

thats why they stinkin make millions. should just force them to save 20% annually and call it a day.

it is all about money,

KEVINC66 10-02-2011 04:59 PM

How bout them Cowboys! Lol lol,I was gonna say something last 2 weeks about Romo, I decided to wait. Don't mind me, I'm over here in Iraq and have nothing else to humor me! I'll always be a Redskin fan, I'm not gonna brag because there's really nothing to brag about, just like being a Detroit Lion fan, its only been 4 games. Regardless, I thought I'll kick off this Sundays games and results with this posting. Later.

A Redskin Fan