PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions

mommyw/mach
12-18-2003, 01:08 PM
I called ford about the shaker rattle. They had know idea what I was talking about. I thought about just doing the shaker raise mod but I'm so terrified of it being too loose and a) the rattle gettting worse or b) it shaking loose and doing damage to the hood. So what to the fellow macher's think...raise the hood..or take it to my local dealership and have them play with it? Thanks guys :MADNOEL: .

Boss Hoss
12-18-2003, 01:12 PM
You can raise the shaker with using 1/4" nylon washers that way you can tighten down the ball studs without some fear of it loosening back out.
Or you can try the electric tape around the top of the ball studs to eliminated the "squeek" I've seen a couple of cars with that done and say there's been no more noise.

I will be doing the washer trick next spring when it warms up some.

Later...
Bruce

badappl
12-18-2003, 01:41 PM
I belive there is a TSB on this that you might give/ let your dealer know about, you can also access this and other TSB's in the Tech Discussion site in this Registry
:CHEERS:
http://www.mach1registry.com/databa...aker rattle.pdf

ATLMACH1
12-18-2003, 03:02 PM
I took the four posts out used the 1/4 " nylon washer, a lock washer and and screwed them back in. Still getting the shake and a whole lot of roll but would not go higher than that.