PDA

View Full Version : car just started pulling to the left

mgk2
12-11-2009, 09:25 PM
My Mach has recently starting to pull to my left. Has anyone else noticed this condition?
Mike

falcongtho3
12-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Check the usual stuff, tire wear and tire air pressure mainly. On our cars, unless the toe in really off the alignment normally doesn't cause a pull condition. Another thing, if the car is pulling right, check the right side tire and especially the inboard side of the tire for excessive wear. When my car starts to pull, I know the tire pressure is off (I have one front tire that consistantly loses 10 psi every 2-3 weeks. Can't find a problem wiht it)

:borg:

MACHJUANito
12-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Probably a faulty valve stem falcon? Have your removed the tire and placed it in a bucket of water to see if there's a leak somewhere? As for the op, take it to get an alignment before it wears off like mine did. I had 5k miles on my bfg gsport and they got messed up bad.

falcongtho3
12-12-2009, 07:48 AM
Yeah. I've had it in the tank, and nothing. We broke the tire down and inspected it from the inside, and nothing. Put bead sealer on it, and nothing. I work at a tire shop and this is the second time (the first was with the OE Firestones on my '82 GT) that I've had this kind of aggravation. I completely understand when my customers come in with a similar problem, but if you can't find the problem you can't fix the problem. I suspect a very tiny puncture, maybe a staple or something similar that went in and came out only to leave a small enough hole for th eair to come out.
I would agree that alignments on these cars are notorious for being out even when new, so if it hans't been checked, do so. I still think theres another issue with his pull problem.

:borg: