PDA

View Full Version : Flasher for sequential tail lights

GTFSmustang
11-17-2009, 06:28 PM
Does anyone know of a flasher that will work to slow down the pattern when used with a Web sequential tail light kit?

3150Mach1
11-17-2009, 09:55 PM
Does anyone know of a flasher that will work to slow down the pattern when used with a Web sequential tail light kit?

Yes. You buy it from Web electric. I bought one and it works great.

The best way to contact WebElectric Products is by email. This allows us to keep a running thread that we can reference as needed.

For product, shipping and general questions, contact: info@webelectricproducts.com

For technical support, contact: techsupport@webelectricproducts.com

Or, you can call 440-389-5647. If we don't answer, please leave a message -- someone will get back to you as soon as possible!

Lonestar7
11-18-2009, 01:08 AM
Ditto!

LS:claus:

Mach1 EH
11-18-2009, 09:44 AM
mine came with the wires.
I did not know the 'kit' would come with out the flasher.

nikbait
11-18-2009, 03:39 PM
Yeah, I bought that kit, and bought the flasher that slows the blinking down even further. Extra $30 I think it was, but worth it.

GTFSmustang
11-19-2009, 11:25 AM
Thanks for all the information! Ordered the flasher today.

swoop1156
11-19-2009, 11:50 AM
Thanks for all the information! Ordered the flasher today.

Glad you got it, but the part number of the one you need is in another thread that I had dedicated to the install of the Cobra lights and it's like, $4.97 at the Ford Parts counter.

MCHNROL
11-19-2009, 12:24 PM
Here is a dumb question. Where does the flasher get installed? Is it on the fuse box? I had a heck of a time trying to remove what I thought was the right one but, since they worked, I gave up. I have it with my sequentials but didn't use the flasher in it. I'd like to slow them down.

swoop1156
11-19-2009, 01:38 PM
Here is a dumb question. Where does the flasher get installed? Is it on the fuse box? I had a heck of a time trying to remove what I thought was the right one but, since they worked, I gave up. I have it with my sequentials but didn't use the flasher in it. I'd like to slow them down.

It's up under the dash, drivers side, to the right of the steering column (as you're sitting in the drivers seat). Had a rough time getting mine off, the other one just slipped right on. If I remember, the stock one is yellow; my replacement was blue. I mean, you can't miss it under there. A big yellow box/plug thingy. :)

MCHNROL
11-19-2009, 01:49 PM
It's up under the dash, drivers side, to the right of the steering column (as you're sitting in the drivers seat). Had a rough time getting mine off, the other one just slipped right on. If I remember, the stock one is yellow; my replacement was blue. I mean, you can't miss it under there. A big yellow box/plug thingy. :)

Thanks. I have the blue on too. I'll get to it soon.
How do your sequentials work with '01 Cobra tail lights?

swoop1156
11-19-2009, 01:58 PM
How do your sequentials work with '01 Cobra tail lights?I do not have sequencing, since the '01 Cobra's have the amber blinky part. It can easily be wired in, but I think it would kinda negate the whole point of spending the money on the Cobra's anyway.

You just asked where the flasher installed at, so I answered. I didn't mean to imply that I used it for seq's. It's the same flasher unit for both the Cobra lights as well as the seq. modification. :)

NTMAREMACH
11-19-2009, 05:03 PM

The easiest way to find the flasher is to turn the key to on and put on the directional and then feel for the flasher. Yes it is hard to get the flasher out. Just try not to break the holder when pulling it out.

3150Mach1
11-19-2009, 06:56 PM
The easiest way to find the flasher is to turn the key to on and put on the directional and then feel for the flasher. Yes it is hard to get the flasher out. Just try not to break the holder when pulling it out.

Its more then hard. You have to be carefull as well.

GTFSmustang
12-02-2009, 11:56 AM
I ordered and received the "modified" flasher from Web. Put it in and it did not slow the pattern down. Several emails to Web with a reply that included a sequence -- turn on the car and let it run--then turn on the signal to one side for a minute, then the other side for a minute. If this doesn't work, turn the car off for 10 minutes and repeat the process. Still didn't work. More email to check harnessess to see if they were newer or the older ones. Newer ones. Web then said I could return the flasher for a refund. Might do that. Swoosh1156 mentioned a blue flasher from Ford. Does anyone have the part number for this?

GTFSmustang
12-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Sorry, should have been swoop1156 who mentioned the blue flasher from Ford.