PDA

View Full Version : Woodward dream cruise?

falcongtho3
08-22-2002, 07:44 AM
Did anyone on the forum go? Was there anything of interest to the blue oval fan? It sounded like Ford was going to have quite a presence there but I have yet to read anything from anyone here to confirm or dispell this. Other than the one pic of the Azure car I haven't seen anything. The Dream Cruise photo album for 2002 is not up yet, was this boom or bust for the Mach faithful?:??:

MidLifeC
08-22-2002, 11:50 AM
I went to Mustang alley on Friday, not Ford sponsored. The first car parked there was an Azure Mach 1. Color looked stunning. It was all locked up and nobody around it. There was a good range of cars from '65 to Boss, Shelby, to several '03 Cobra's.

Apparently on Saturday, at the Ford exhibit there were quite a few stangs, including Coletti's Boss 429 proto. A couple of the other forums, (stangnet, svtperformance) have pics posted.

I have a few pics of the Mach, an 'R', and '03 Cobras.

Pegasus
08-22-2002, 10:20 PM
MidLifeC...

Whereabouts in Livonia are you? If you know where Churchill High school is at Joy and Newburg roads...that's where I graduated in 1980!! :cool: Small world, aint it!! :)

I'm trying to remember the name of the stupid road that meets at the end of Joy Rd going towards Ford Road through Westland. Anyway, there is a residential co-op called Holliday Park. If you know where that is...that's where I grew up!!

Off topic I know...but I couldnt help myself. You being in my neck of the woods and I still get homesick!! :p

Anyway, I hope you'll respond back to this...the missing name of that road is driving me batty :??:

MidLifeC
08-24-2002, 08:38 AM
Pegasus,

I know Churchill well, my son graduated from there. I live a bit north of that close to 6 Mile.

As to the road your'e thinking of, is it Hines Drive, or Ann Arbor Trail? Both curve through Livonia. Isn't Holliday Park on Newburgh, by Clyde Smiths? Yes, that's still there.

BTW, all Livonia high schools have had some recent additions. We passed some millages that allowed improvements to the sports fields, and larger workout facilities. You would not recognize it now. I'll try to snap a pic and email you.