RightTime
11-10-2009, 12:25 AM
A song sung by Marines as they march

GI soap and GI gravy, GI wish I'd joined the Navy

Linumup
11-10-2009, 12:51 PM
A song sung by Marines as they march

GI soap and GI gravy, GI wish I'd joined the Navy

Never sang that song . Last time i checked we were part of the Navy ?

Semper Fi !

SparksMach1
11-10-2009, 12:54 PM

Semper Fi !

Doesn't the navy say the phrase "Its not gay when your away, its only queer when your at the pier"

-no insult is meant by that, just jokin around you guys... I have respect for all branches!

happy b-day Marines!

RightTime
11-10-2009, 02:20 PM

Semper Fi !

Well it was 1967 at Great Lakes boot camp and the base Marines sang that almost daily as they marched by our barracks.

old school
11-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Ah, Great Lakes....that brought back memories,I was there in 79' with the Navy.....Semper Fi my friend!!

oxfordmach
11-10-2009, 06:15 PM
SEMPER FI,,, my brothers:borg:

Linumup
11-10-2009, 07:45 PM
C-130 rolling down the strip!
Recon daddy gonna take a little trip!
Mission Top Secret, destination unkown,
dont even know if I'm ever coming home.

Stand up, hook up, shuffle to the door,
jump right out and shout, "Marine Corps"!!!
If my chute don't open round
I'll be the first one to the ground!

If I die in the Combat Zone,
box me up and ship me home.
Pin my Medals upon my chest,
tell my Momma I did my best!

"Runnin through the jungle with my M-16, I'm a mean mother f*cker, I'm a U.S. MARINE!"

I know a girl that lives on the hill she wont do it but her sister will.

Too many to remember and its been too dang long , but my fav. !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqy9xNE-UdI&feature=related

Naa-V-Doc
11-11-2009, 11:22 AM
This Corpsman holds great respect for my Marines. They guarded me under heavy conditions and I treated their wounds. As hard as the Gunnies would try to change my ways, I was easy to spot. I was the long haired, bearded guy with a 45 on my hip and a small medical bag around my waist.
Naa-V-Doc
Sem-fi boys!

Historian
11-20-2009, 10:26 PM
I am a Marine veteran, just a few days away from dying from my war injuries. I will be leaving behind 3 lovely children and one tough gal, my highschool sweetheart. Before dying, I just wanted to rip out Jane Fonda's eyeball and skull bang her but oh well. I just want to sit around a camp fire 1 more time, like right now with a bunch of salty Marines and see who can tell the biggest lie. I WIN !!! Oops !! Drunk on my keister, I just crossed the center line for the 3rd time and here comes the white light. LOL

At 55 I still drink the crap out of PBR, yell OohRah! and SEMPER FI. Chesty still rides shotgun in my Mach1.

Happy birthday Devildogs !!!

oldmachguy
11-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Alright, Marines, here's a really old story from an old Marine.

When I was about six years old (1967) I would stand behind my grandfather as he shaved. He wore a "muscle" t-shirt as he mixed his shaving cream in a white mug and dabbed it on with a brush. On the back side of his right shoulder was what looked like a little meteor crater, which I would put my fist in to see how big it was as he dragged his double-edged razor across his face. The first couple of times that I asked him how he got it he just changed the subject, but finally he looked over his shoulder and grinned at me. I knew he was a Marine and had "gone to France during the war," but that's about all I knew.

He said he and his buddies had been advancing through the woods, and as they did the Germans would leave snipers in the trees. Problem for the Germans was their rifles weren't exactly smokeless. So as soon as a sniper would crack off a round, about 300 Marine rifles would swing over and volley in unison, whereupon the German would drop to the ground like a sack of rags. After awhile some of the snipers would just start calling down to the Marines and waive something white - but some didn't.

One of those fools took aim at my Grandaddy's head, but his aim wasn't so good (obviously :31:) and the bullet went wide. It passed behind his head from left to right, entered the top of his right shoulder, made a hard right turn and exited his right shoulder blade - thus making the "meteor crater." He was carried away pretty quickly and put in a French ambulance. He was then shipped back to the states.

At some point, as I got older, I asked what battle he was in, etc. He said he was with Sixth Marines and it was the Battle of Belleau Woods in June 1918. I just recently got his service record from St. Louis.

Thanks for listening.

BTW, if anyone wants to hear a really weird coincidence story linking him and another Marine, which came to light 50 years later, let me know and I'll post it up.

He also told me a funny story that took place after the war, involving the Spanish Flu pandemic and a couple of really stupid GI's. Let me know if you want to hear that one too.

SHKR281
11-21-2009, 02:59 PM
Doesn't the navy say the phrase "Its not gay when your away, its only queer when your at the pier"

-no insult is meant by that, just jokin around you guys... I have respect for all branches!

happy b-day Marines!

I think it goes, " It's not gay underway." But anyway HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!