PDA

View Full Version : 03 Mach1 VS 01 GT

DSG03MACH1
12-15-2003, 05:01 PM
I will race my friends 01 GT this Saturday. I got a 03 Mach 1 (straight STOCK) and my friend got a 01 GT with flowmaster exhaust, diablo sport 3 stage chip, jg edelbrock throttlebody, bbk cold air intake, short shifter, ring & pinions.

Ya guys think I can blow him away??? our driving skills are at about the same level so its now all on the car.

LET ME KNOW so i know what to expect

03 Mach 1 (DSG) w/ IUP 5 spd

So far, Mach Killed,
04 350 Z
197? El Camino

codymach
12-15-2003, 05:23 PM
even driving skills...you'll win in the mach......easily. He didn't pick up that much HP except maybe with the chip. Let us know!

DSG03MACH1
12-15-2003, 06:03 PM
I'll let you guys know. Im excited. Who ever win, will buy lunch. :THUMBSUP:

1YLDRYD
12-15-2003, 06:29 PM
It should be a good race, good luck.:THUMBSUP:

TJ'S MACH 1
12-15-2003, 06:39 PM
I dont think you will have a problem with him because I out ran a 01 gt with ported intake entry bigger TB and longtube mac headers and prochamber and flows and 3.73 gears, k&n, pullies and probably more things I cant remember. I didnt beat him bad but I beat thats all I was worried about. I had a k&n filter thats it so I thought I did pretty good and I think we were equal drivers. Thats my .02 (tell us what happens) :THUMBSUP:

stangdiablo
12-15-2003, 10:33 PM
How wierd, i beat a gt today on the way home from work. just 1 hour ago....

we were stoped together at a light, he revved at me. he had exhaust... other than that im not sure. i revved back, the light went green and i screwed up. i droped the clutch at 2k rpm and it spun all the way to redline then almost all of 2nd. he was about 4 cars ahead after that. i hooked up 3rd and quickly matched his speed, then began pulling. i was head to head with him at about 105 mph. right then i heard him let go of the gas (loudback pressure sound) and hit the breaks, i did the same. he gave me a thumbs up ( hopefully knowing that i screwed up, and would have walked him) and pulled into a turning lane.

This brings me to another question, how the hell do you launch these cars.

I had a MR2 turbo before. it hooked up quite well being mid engined and all so im in alien teritory with my mach BUT I DO LOVE IT.

Anyways. back to the point... Go smoke your friend... as long as you launch good.:blah:

Shaker Dan
12-16-2003, 11:22 AM
Go get him. I would put my money on you in the full 1/4 mile. Watch the stop light to stop light thing. Make sure you get a good start. What gears is he running.

stangdiablo, these are pretty hard to launch if you are not used to them. Even when you are you can still mess up. First I would get better tires. I have to burn mine down to get them for me but that will happen soon enough. Second, practice, practice, practice. That is the only way you will get good and getting your ride off the line.

Catman
12-16-2003, 11:48 AM
Stoplight to stoplight comes down to driver but if you're going 1/4 mile or top end you should pull him, even with his mods you still have more rwhp. :THUMBSUP:

stangdiablo
12-16-2003, 04:14 PM
Thanks shaker dan, Im trying to get it down, i practice racing my friends toyota supra, he has an automatic and at least 350 horsepower. This is good practice because if i take off good i win, hands down. i find if i take off normal to avoid the wheelspin and then mash the throttle i launch best. im sure there is a better way, but it gets me past his supra ;)

Gigashadow
12-16-2003, 04:21 PM
Ok being a newb at this car as well (the last Mustang I owned was an 86 SVO and an 85 GT before that), traction lock off? I read about people pulling sideways and I am assuming most of you run with it off? What is the difference in power to wheels with it on and with it off? Sorry to get off topic.

mach1dsg
12-16-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Gigashadow
Ok being a newb at this car as well (the last Mustang I owned was an 86 SVO and an 85 GT before that), traction lock off? I read about people pulling sideways and I am assuming most of you run with it off? What is the difference in power to wheels with it on and with it off? Sorry to get off topic.

i'm in the same boat with you. i'm new to this car, so i didn't know in the first week that you have to turn that off :SMASH:. i'm driving with traction control off all the time (not when raining) since i read it here. is supposed to apply the brakes,retard the timing and only god knows what else :) to avoid you spinining your tires. turn it off when racing (that means all the time :)):COOL:

ECJ
12-20-2003, 10:44 PM
So what happened? :rolleyes:

micool
12-21-2003, 12:41 AM
You should smoke the GT. He didn't gain anything (might have even lost hp) from his mods. The gears will help him but not nearly enough.

GO2REDLINE
12-21-2003, 07:28 AM
So he lost 5 hp or more with flows. Then he picks up 10 with chip and probably 15 with other mods. (timing adj. and pulleys is $ better spent) and now he is at 260 ish? And you put way more than 260 to the floor and Tq is wow. so..... drive descent and = you are winner. ;)

badjoey
12-21-2003, 09:42 AM
so who bought lunch??

Shaker Dan
12-22-2003, 02:34 PM
Gigashadow, always have it off when driving unless you are in the rain. While it will allow a little wheelspin in first at the start, once you get on it and shift to second if the wheels start to spin it will feel like you mashed the brakes. I did this once at the track and killed my time by at least .5. Not a good thing at all. Get to know the car and never ride with it on again.

Yeah, what happend with the race?

DSG03MACH1
12-22-2003, 04:28 PM
So here's the KILL Story.

So we're at the light , it was perfect coz no cars on the road and coz we did it around 830am. it was a full straight away highway. Light turned green, we took of at the sametime but knowing i got the mach with more tq i took him half a car on 1st @ 6400ish rpm shifted to 2nd chirp the tire we went head to head got a lil scared but kept my confedence of beating him, it was close head to head on 2nd coz i guess his stage 3 super chip helped him but heres the good part shifted to 3rd gear @around 4500rpm I pulled away almost 1 car, at the end of 3rd going to 4th gear I was already 1 and half car way and fifth, I was gone. I beat him about 2 cars @ around 118 mph. then we head back and went to outback steak house. ummmm yummy. I had stake and shrimp and my mach 1 had the GT. we went home full and a winner . my buddy was dissapointed to all the money he spent and cant even take a stock mach one. he was expecting to beat me and expecting that he got 320 hp from all the mods he did. i just rolled my eyes and said yeah OK bud.

blazinsteed
12-22-2003, 05:10 PM
did he add stickers and a wing. maybe a type r badge. thats is woth at least 75 hp:rolleyes:

stangdiablo
12-22-2003, 05:16 PM
RIGHT ON!!! WE KNEW YOU COULD DO IT :THUMBSUP:

Jester
12-22-2003, 08:19 PM
I never had a doubt. Glad noone got caught and that it was good clean fun. Good job!
I assume his was a 5 speed also??

DSG03MACH1
12-22-2003, 08:26 PM
5-Speed