PDA

View Full Version : Sun Visor Stickers

Fire Dude
12-14-2003, 09:28 PM
Newbie Here. Reading the forums here for the last few weeks, learned a bit, laughed a bit....thanks, all. Just love my Mach so far. 800kms.
One question: (yes I've searched) Does anyone here know how to get the ugly yellow stickers off the sun visors without making a mess?
Thanks in advance,
Richard.

03mach1
12-14-2003, 09:41 PM
Welcome and Enjoy!!

doing a search, we have discussed this previously...

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2027&highlight=visor+stickers

Fire Dude
12-14-2003, 09:46 PM
Hmmm....so I see. Duh. I wonder why I couldn't find it.
Thank you so much.

MachInegun
12-14-2003, 11:11 PM
I took some dark window tint, cut it to size and applied it to the visor over the decals. Applied it by wetting the visor with water (damp sponge) and laying it down.

MachInegun

Stangfan
12-14-2003, 11:57 PM
Welcome, Fire Dude...:D

I posted the original question. I objected to the fact that Canadian cars have two stickers on each visor, which was overkill to me. I discovered later, that the french ones come off quite easily. I just worked slowly at the corner until I got a bit of an edge off of the visor, and then slowly pulled it off. No trace of adhesive.

I didn't bother trying to remove the english ones. They appear to be much more permanent.

Hope this helps. :THUMBSUP:

Fire Dude
12-15-2003, 12:21 AM
Thanks once again, guys.

hotrodnut
12-15-2003, 07:32 AM
Welcome Fire Dude :CHEERS: :THUMBSUP: !

I wished they were not there too, I have taken them off previous vehicles but there was a residue left that I could never get off. I didn't try any of the desolver mentioned in the previous thread but did cut out some vinyl decal material the same shape as the residue and covered it up. I still was not happy with that but it was better than it was.

I like MachInegun's way of covering it with tint, I may try that on the Mach. :THUMBSUP: Thanks for the tip! :CHEERS: