PDA

View Full Version : DUmb questions....but please help.

kenchar
10-30-2002, 06:56 PM
Ok, I am patiently waiting for my Mach 1 to get here...so of course like most I have to order waxes and accessories but then I thought what about all the stripes. I have never had a car with decal type strypes and I don't want to wreck them by waxing them or something dumb like that.

So my question is this. What do you do about the hood and side stripes when waxing and polishing the car.

Thanks for the help.

Ken.

03elanor
10-31-2002, 07:05 PM
WEll my 2000 Gt had the hood stripes - black on black and I was worried at first about it. But I used meguires or zymoil on the car numerous times and found that just waxing over it seemed to work the best. Although it had no ill effects on the stripes sometimes right along the edge it was hard to get the wax off were the strip ended and the paint began, but your still gonna have that problem even ir you don't get wax on the strip. So I am sure i will just continue to wax over it, I think the stripe even looked better afterwards and definitly repeled water:D

tammy
11-01-2002, 09:23 AM
That's the great thing abot Zanio polishes. It does not leave you to get off the white power yuck and does not leave white powder crap in between your cracks and is so easy to remove. This stuf is wonderful. I have used wax in the past and fought the white dust and trying to get out the white paste in between tail lights and door jam's No MORE. Try Zanio a excellent quality prod that last and lasts. Get some tire dressing while your at it. It won't sling off while your cruising in your new MACH1. That other crap slings all over your fenders.

POLSMACH03
11-01-2002, 09:53 AM
Tammy I'm with you 200%. Nothing but Zaino for me the stuff is fantastic. No white powder and the more you use (applications that is) the better it looks. No need to rush to remove either in fact it's beat to let it sit per the detailed instructions.

Now what about a good wheel cleaner??? I submitted a new post about 2 hours ago.

Thanks

69mach03
11-01-2002, 05:58 PM
Attention:

If the stripe is anything like what's on '69 hood, do not attempt to WAX it!!!! I put two waxes yearly on my car, with the addition of a fast wax coat every weekend. However, I DO NOT wax it!

I recommend MEGUIAR'S Quik Detailer Mist & Wipe. It brightens up the flat black well.

:THUMBSUP: