PDA

View Full Version : North Phoenix Saturday night?

rsnider
08-09-2009, 04:35 PM
It seems that only a few were willing to burn a hot Saturday or Sunday for a drive... but what about a Saturday evening get together up at 83rd Ave.? It may be a good way to kick off the Winter driving/racing season. We could hang out for an hour or so then grab a bite to eat.

If there are any newbee's they could meet us old timers.

Rick

DanB
08-10-2009, 11:05 AM
hey rick

maybe you should post a get together

DesertMach
08-11-2009, 09:10 AM
Hey Rick,

Haven't seen ya in a while, hows the trans doing??

Are you talking about this Saturday? if so I can actually make it. but you will probably pick another weekend I am working lol......

rsnider
08-11-2009, 12:39 PM
It can't be this Saturday. I'm taking my girlfriend to the baseball game. The wife is actually letting me go without her. (My girlfriend is going to be 91 next Monday!) I traded our four season tickets in section 214 for tickets in section 210, the handi-cap section. There won't be any stairs for her to negotiate, just a short ramp.

I'd certainly be willing to host a Saturday night get together. A few dogs and burgers then a quick caravan over to 83rd. ave. Maybe it would make me feel better about missing the Woodward Dream Cruise in Detroit for about the sixth year in a row!

The trans is doing great. Darin at BC Automotive really knows his stuff. If the temp. is below 75 and the track is good Tweety will run in the 12.80's. I'm pretty sure that's as good as it gets without touching the stuff under the hood.

Keep in touch and everyone should chime in with dates that are good for them.

INDY
08-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Sounds like fun, let me know the date and time once you guys make a plan.

Torchmach
08-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Count me in too. It has been awhile since we got together, might be some new faces around.

Shane, I think I am having UCA bushing problems again, I have a set of PHP UCA's, i'll have to give the shop a call, to set up an appointment before we make a group trip out to the track.

rsnider
08-16-2009, 07:18 PM
Shane,
Might the UCA bushing be something that Rod could do for a lot less $$? You met him, so you know he is a perfectionist.

Whatdayathink?

rsnider
08-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Well... I had a GREAT time at the ballgame last night with my girlfriend (and her son, and her grand daughter). The Diamondbacks hit two home runs in the bottom of the ninth to tie the game, then a sacrafice fly in the bottom of the tenth for the win! Man there were some very ticked off Dodger fans leaving the ballpark. I don't feel bad for them, they will be playing ball long after the Diamondbacks are teeing off at their favorite course.

I have a commitment next Saturday... but what about a quick backyard BBQ on the 29th and a visit to 83rd Ave.?

ALL WELCOME!!! If you don't know any of the Mach 1 bunch thats been together for the last nine years this would be a good time to introduce yourself and meet some great people. With the drag racing and car show season just around the corner it's time to crank up the interest.

Does this work or not work for anyone?

Rick

Torchmach
08-16-2009, 10:51 PM
WOW !!!! Sounds like a great game Rick! I love going to games like that.

The 29th is good for me. Lets see some of the new Mach owners, turn out too, lurkers are welcome!!

DesertMach
08-17-2009, 08:21 AM
MMM....BBQ, The 29th works for me. :CHEERS:

INDY
08-19-2009, 10:19 PM
I might be able to make it that night, it just depends if I'm working. I probably wont know if I have to work until a few days before the meet though. Dang second job is taking up all my weekends!!

INDY
08-24-2009, 01:11 AM
Well I don't think I'll be able to make it after all. I will be watching one of my close friend's son that night. Maybe next time....

rsnider
08-24-2009, 09:58 AM
It's beginning to sound like maybe we should reschedule. I talked to Sodbuster this past weekend and he cannot make it either.

How about September 19th? Labor Day will be over and maybe the temps will have cooled a few degrees?

If anyone is interested in a simple, impromptu, 83rd Ave Saturday night feel free to stop at Safeway this Saturday around 6pm. If you are unfamiliar with the area you might want to Google the location. 83rd makes a few dips doodles that you have to watch for. The site is about 1/2 mile south of Deer Valley, just north of where 83rd turns residential.

P.S. Bill, thanks for the track effort. It sounds like fun. I had a mullet type in a new SS driving like an idiot last Saturday evening, but he was careful to avoid any actual side by side confrontation.

rsnider
08-29-2009, 11:44 AM
Just a reminder about tonight at 83rd Ave.

rsnider
08-30-2009, 12:30 PM
Holy CR@! was it hot last night at 83rd Ave. No one missed anything. I can't wait for this heat to be gone.

I moved 5 yards of fill dirt in my front yard yesterday... man I'm WAY too old for this nonsense.

Stay tuned, same channel, for updates on when we should have the BBQ/83rd Ave. evening or a Saturday cruise.

Rick

rsnider
08-31-2009, 10:08 AM
Hey Bill,
PM me when you are working with a photographer again. I've come to realize that 60% of a good picture is background and lighting. I can work on the background, but have no clue about proper lighting. I'd really like to see how a pro does it.

Rick

Torchmach
09-05-2009, 09:54 PM
Stay tuned, same channel, for updates on when we should have the BBQ/83rd Ave. evening or a Saturday cruise.

Rick

If we deceide to take the back way up, on a Cruise to Prescott, and eat at Erine's Family's Resturant. I can call his mom to line things up for us. We could fill the back Parking lot with Mach's for a good Photo Op.