PDA

View Full Version : AZ Mach's

QTRPONY
12-07-2003, 11:27 AM
FYI

From the member formerly known as "Iwanna Mach." :cool:

I PM'd Dave and had my login name changed. "Iwanna mach" was a quick decision made when I was looking for my ride but when I became an owner it just didn't fit anymore.

I am not very creative but I had to change it to something so QTRPONY it is. I am planning on using QTRPONY (or some variation of since that one is taken right now for my personal plates when I get around to it.) :COOL:

grlshy
12-11-2003, 11:06 PM
what is happinin' Tuck? glad to see at least one of us can run 12's! he he. nothin new here just been really really busy with my new job. gotta get situated then let the holidays come and go then I think the Nos will be coming. Then I may be able to give you a run for your money.;)

QTRPONY
12-12-2003, 06:30 PM
Eric,

If I was you, I would consider going with a high end stall converter first. I really like the PI one that I have in the GT. It is a 3400 stall and it works great. By the time you buy the Nitrous kit , and I am guessing you would end up going with bigger injectors, bigger Mass air, T/B, etc, to pump more fuel, not to mention dyno time for tuning the chip, it is probably going to cost a lot more. You also might want to figure in about $40 a bottle for a refill last I heard.

Plus the Torque converter is "plug & play" and needs no adjusting.

Another thing to consider is with the Nitrous kit-you will kiss your warranty good bye. I don't see anyway around that. With the torque converter, they probably will never know and they would have to pull the motor or tranny to find out. If the tech is cool he won't say anything anyway-but you can't hide a nitrous kit. I am guessing you will end up getting a new torque converter anyway-if you do it now you may be able to milk your warranty for a few thousand miles longer.

I am guessing you will cut .5 pretty easy with a new converter-that should put you in the 12's.

795Mach
12-18-2003, 02:22 AM
Hey guys, I don't have a Mach yet. However, am planning on getting one soon. I was curious where you guys got yours from. Oh, and grlshy, I saw someone driving a Shadow Grey Mach the other day around ASU's campus. It's the only one I've seen on the road so far. Was that you?

Pat

QTRPONY
12-18-2003, 11:34 AM
Pat,

I shopped around quite a bit and talked to every dealership in the Phoenix area and the best deal I got was from Lou Grubb up in Scottsdale. However, things have changed since most of the guys on here bought their cars. I got mine in May before all the rebates and I thought I did OK by getting it at $28.5 considering nobody else would come under MSRP and idiots like Bell Ford wanted $4k over MSRP. Little did I know..... (another couple of months and I could have saved 3-4 grand)

Anyway, your best deal would be if you can track down a 2003 but if not 2004's have a $3K rebate if I am not mistaken.

They are pretty much the same, so I would use the phone and the internet and find what you want. The only choices are color, tranny and interior upgrade. So pick what you want and make the dealerships compete against each other for the best deal. Take your time-it might mean saving a lot of money. Don't buy into the "this is the last Mach we are getting, or this is the only one in town. "

Also, if you are sure you want a Mach, I would not rule out buying out of state. At one time, Brandon (?) Ford in Florida had 50 machs sitting on there lot and they were selling them for under $22K. Might be worth the cost of a one-way plane ticket if you can save $3-4K.

Anyway, good luck with your search-a nice comp orange would be cool since I don't know of any in AZ yet.

795Mach
12-18-2003, 04:15 PM
Thanks, QTRPONY. I actually have been shopping around on the internet and you're right. There are some nice rebates. The lowest I've seen was 23,700. Unfortunately, I just graduated (this coming Fri) and am kind of waiting to see where I end up for a job first. There's a good chance I'll end up out of state. Plus, the income would be good too, lol.

pat

QTRPONY
12-19-2003, 12:30 AM
Congrats on finishing up your degree. I am still at it after 16 years. I am now a senior out at ASU West-it will take me a couple more years since I only take a class or two each semester-work keeps getting in the way.

Make sure you ask about the "College grad rebate" not sure how often they have those but it doesn't hurt to ask.

QTRPONY
12-19-2003, 12:50 AM
Got my new plate today. QTRPONY was already taken but I will keep checking. If it becomes available I will get it for the GT.

rsnider
12-19-2003, 02:02 PM
Be sure to call your insurance agent and have him provide a WRITTEN quote for a Mach 1! Some have posted premiums as high as $3k every six months!!!! If you find out early enough you can do your shopping for insurance before your new mach is in your driveway.

795Mach
12-19-2003, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the congrats qtrpony. I already checked out the insurance. I got quoted at $1050 every six months, which still seems high to me. I'm going to check around though...the guy has been getting on my last nerve lately.:SMASH: $3000 is rediculous...maybe if you're under 25 and have bunch of tickets but the insurance shouldn't be much more than a GT's.

grlshy
12-20-2003, 07:48 PM
I think I pay about 1200 every six. I have some tix too. None were my fault though! he he :D And Tuck, I dont know about the stall. i would really like to drive your gt with the stall to see how it is around town under normal conditions. Just to see how the driveability is effected. With the wet nitrous I dont' think new injectors are needed expecially with only 100 shot. Our maf and injectors are pretty beefy from what I heard. I dont think I need a tune for the nos either. I heard it is pretty much plug and play. the white gt at ffw had no problems. I dont know. I think the stall would definately help though. I would just be concerned with the ease of driving after the stall. I dont know. And to 795Mach I was over at asu on monday i think hanging out with a friend at Mill Cue Club. I was parked over behind Jack in the box. Maybe it was me. 23.500 would be a hell of a price to pay. I paid 30K. ?

795Mach
12-20-2003, 08:59 PM
Hey, for those of you who are interested in NOS and have questions or concerns about anything involving a Mustang check out a place called Levy Racing. I went to school with on of the guys who used to work there. He worked in NASCAR and ProStock and knows his stuff. He also owns one of the fastest stangs in the southwest and holds numerous records at PIR and Firebird. His name is Matt Carpenter and the guy who owns the shop is Levy. Checkout their web page at www.levyracing.com for info on them, but don't be alarmed by all the replica Shelby Cobras and GT 40s. That's honestly only half their business...the other half is making fast Stangs. The only reason why I talk them up so much is because they have given me a ton of advise and for FREE! They'll tell you about what should be done and what shouldn't be done and generally just love talking about Mustangs. I'm sure they'd offer to do the work for a price too, heh heh, but hey, the free advise and knowlege is all I ever go there for. I like to do the work myself, but to each his own.

Oh, and if you go there, which I suggest you do, ask to see the "Headhunter"....It's the car with all the records....NICE!

795Mach
12-20-2003, 09:06 PM
Oh, and to give you an idea of what they can do if you do want to spend the money.... they were able to get almost 600 HP out of my friends 96 GT.....naturally aspirated! I'm curious what they could do with the DOHC and a little shot on the Machs....heh heh.

I'd probably die young though, lol.

Pat