PDA

View Full Version : BBK LT Header and X Pipe question

mpk1996
05-24-2009, 12:01 PM
OK,
so I am hanging out in the shop on the dyno playing with the mach. Its new to me, and it was bone stock when I bought it, so I haven't done much to it.

my plan is the basics for now CAI, exhaust, tune, spings, ect.

Since this is a daily driver for me and I already have a really loud race car, I am going for something nice, but not crazy for this car. my plan was to put the magnaflow cat back system on and either the magnaflow x pipe with cats or kooks x pipe with cats. I would only do the kooks if i went with the kooks LTs. not getting the LTs any time soon (race car and buying a house here soon).

So, back to the orig question. at the shop there is good used pair of BBK LT headers and x pipe with cats for $550. they are for the 4v motors (came off a cobra) and will fit. Usually i am not a big fan of the "cheaper" stuff, but this might be a pretty good deal. the x pipe from magnaflow is right at $500 new, but of course its stainless and prob better quality.

of course the Kooks are better, but at a grand, they will not be on the car in the near future.

do i just put the magnaflow cat back sys on and leave it? save up and get the kooks x and LTs later (i would go with the 3" to 2.5" in the x)?

do i put the magnaflow cat back and x pipe on now and get kooks later

or, do i get the magnaflow and match it up with the bbk stuff? would you send the bbk headers to jethot and have them coated? would look better and stay cooler.

thanks for the help

04_orange_mach
05-24-2009, 12:04 PM
I have 2 friends with 04 cobra's that put the bbk longtubes on both sent them off for jethot coating. Personally if you can get the headers with mid pipe that cheap i would do it. With the way the economy is now day's a grand is alot to drop on just a set of headers.