PDA

View Full Version : Speedworld Whitman AZ on 4-18-09?

rsnider
04-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Anyone interested in going to Speedworld for some last minute runs before the weather gets hot?

TorchedMach1
04-16-2009, 08:56 PM
You thinking of a Saturday night or during the day? I might be able to as long as I can get your unit installed in time. :smokin:

TorchedMach1
04-17-2009, 09:12 PM
He said "unit".:23:

Hey speaking of units just remember my units been all over your that bed of yours! :butt:

rsnider
04-18-2009, 12:17 PM
Man... I must be getting really, really old, I don't understand what the heck you are talking about. Someone help me find my walker!

The track is having an event on Fri. night, and the Northern AZ shootout during the day Saturday. I was thinking about TT Saturday night. I'd probably leave around 6pm.

Torchmach
04-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Bummer! I missed another opportunity to take my Mach to the track.

I was over at Knott's Berry with my '88 GT. in honor of the 30th anniversery of the introduction of the Fox platform Mustang. Nasty riding Car, at Freeway speeds, but no mechanical problems.

rsnider
04-20-2009, 08:33 PM
No one missed much. The track was in pretty good shape, but with my tires and low hp it really has to suck for me to have issues.

The good thing was that between 8pm and around 10pm there wasn't much of a line in the staging lanes. I worked on my reaction time. I didn't do very well. A bunch of red lights and way too many .2's. I have to leave on a stale 2nd yellow but before the third yellow. That means I have to cound in my head when the second yellow comes on then guess how long to wait.

I did manage to get a new best. 12.86

There were a few scarry cars there to watch. AZ Fastest Street Cars had some representatives. A couple of their cars had way too much power for their chasis. One turbo monster had to launch easy, stand on it, back off, stand on it, back off, and shut down a long way before the finish line. He was turning low 9's letting off two-three times during each run. When he would push it the darn car tried to twist into a pretzel and fly.

Later,
Rick