PDA

View Full Version : I was almost banned!!! Long and not M1R related

G
02-16-2009, 07:46 PM
OK, this is not related to anything here but may interest some of you WHO complain about this place.

This is a hot rod related site that for obvious reasons I will not ID. Long story short, I had a low 3 digit post count and had never posted to the classifieds until about 2 weeks ago. Well I finally posted an item and it was deleted by a mod and I was referred to the rules. I communicated with a different mod that I know and decided to not relist the item. It sold the next day on another board. I had broken the 3 day bump rule because I added the details I was getting questions on (via PM) and a price reduction 30 hours after the OP. :23:

I for some reason decided to post my Track T donor car which I no longer need. I listed it in the parts section and clearly detailed the parts that were good and appropriate for a hot rod project. You guessed it, it was deleted almost immediately with sort of a threat attached but no reason for the delete. :confused:

I went to the help/suggestions section to READ and discovered I was in a big group of posters to the classifieds that were "not too smart, deceptive, and worthy of suspension". Now they didn't mention anyone by name but said anyone who had a classified deleted recently was in that group. Well this did kind of make me mad and as I read further I noticed several 4/5 digit posters complaining about being deleted in classifieds. Being me, I posted to a qoute from a friend on that site (who I know in REAL life) that I had also been deleted twice and found it a pretty unusual set of rules. :)

My post was pretty tame, I've done worse here! The next time I logged in I had several PM "notifications" from the same moderator. He was warning me that I was one step away from permanent banning and he had deleted over 12 of my posts that were in violation of the rules. I also noticed that about 6 mods and the 3 Admins had pinged my profile recently. Before noticing the pings I sent the mod a response telling him I would stay out of the classifieds and stop all but essential posts. :mrt:

Here comes the funny part, I sign on today and my post count is 2 digits and I have only one item in my pm's. I went back to the help/suggestion thread and found that although my OP had been deleted it was still in a different post as a quote. I made my last post on that site by telling the other member that was having issues that my posted classified must have been a good deal because I sold the donor to one of the admins. :23:

Azure Blurr
02-16-2009, 07:58 PM
I applaud you for not naming the site. But I'd like a link :wings:

I'm kidding G. You are such a rebel!

G
02-16-2009, 08:42 PM
I applaud you for not naming the site. But I'd like a link :wings:

I'm kidding G. You are such a rebel!

I would post a link if they had done anything nasty to me but I think the rules here would and should prohibit the bashing of other sites. Unlike this site the one I DON"T mention above is in decline. :23:

I bet it's fun in their mod only forum trying to figure out which admin bought the donor from the ad that was deleted. :worship:

G
02-16-2009, 08:43 PM
What happened to my post:OUCH: on this tread?

It had to be deleted, there is a 3 minute bump policy in force. :23:

HamMach1
02-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Brah you must have forgotten that

http://ramblingrhodes.mu.nu/archives/internet-serious-business-cat-thumb.jpg

G
02-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Brah you must have forgotten that

http://ramblingrhodes.mu.nu/archives/internet-serious-business-cat-thumb.jpg

OMG, very serious and run by some fat cats. :23:

24kmach
02-17-2009, 12:23 AM
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r319/goldmach/laurelmotivatorox6_original.jpg

kiler be
02-17-2009, 08:32 AM
Hey G, stop playing with the computer stuff and work on the Hot Rod. We've got a Louise on this site.:23:

G
02-17-2009, 02:01 PM
Hey G, stop playing with the computer stuff and work on the Hot Rod. We've got a Louise on this site.:23:

I have some retired Louise parts going into the hot rod. It's hard to make some of the mods I'm doing without some reseach and the interthingy is a pretty good source. I try to maximize my hands on time but sometimes I have things to do that require the weather to be good or more time than I have available. Recently I have taken some sick days when the weather is good ......................... like TODAY. :23:

cobramach1
02-17-2009, 02:16 PM
That's too bad. I sure wouldn't visit that site anymore if it were me. There can't be a whole lot of information gleaned off of there if that's how they treat their forum members.

kiler be
02-17-2009, 07:22 PM
Don't make me drop a dime to my good friend Mr.Alexander at Fort Meade, Maryland.:smack:

You really don't want a visit from the guys that he'd send out. :cool:

:23: I thought I'd get your attention. :23:

I saw Louise on another thread. looks good and looks like she is getting close to running.:smokin: