PDA

View Full Version : Wtf??? Bad Economy Low Price machs?

AConklin
02-07-2009, 11:52 PM
Is the economy that bad?

I was looking at all of the Machs for sale & was P-I-S-T at how low the prices are.

This is probably a better "pulse" than what we'll get from CNN. What's up?

24kmach
02-08-2009, 12:02 AM
Is the economy that bad?

I was looking at all of the Machs for sale & was P-I-S-T at how low the prices are.

Texas Holdem strategy :yes:

Unrealford
02-08-2009, 12:07 AM
Is the economy that bad?

I know what you mean, seems the Mach1 is taking the hit really bad, I paid 22 for mine 2 years ago, at that time the average was 18, 20

Bill Hamilton
02-08-2009, 06:23 AM
Everything is that way. People are liquidating their assets, getting rid of excess expenses, and holding on to what money they have. Nobody's spending money unless they have to, which is driving prices down. I know alot of people who have bought houses in the last few years that are now upside down in them (they owe more money than they're worth). Classic Muscle cars have taken a huge hit also. Like I said, it's everywhere. :notsure:

Check this out: http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/01.09/unsoldcars.html

MachWonGuy
02-08-2009, 07:31 AM
Check this out: http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/01.09/unsoldcars.html

Thats alot of cars just waiting to be sold. WOW!!!!

How is this good advice

"It makes no sense to buy a car now, no matter how good the deal looks. The deals will get progressively better as the year rolls on"

Maybe I am reading it wrong but wouldn't it help if people were to start buying vehicles

Bill Hamilton
02-08-2009, 08:03 AM
Thats alot of cars just waiting to be sold. WOW!!!!

How is this good advice

"It makes no sense to buy a car now, no matter how good the deal looks. The deals will get progressively better as the year rolls on"

Maybe I am reading it wrong but wouldn't it help if people were to start buying vehicles

If you have the money/financing and are secure in your employment, buy what you want (and can afford). Will the item you want be there later at a lower price? Maybe yes, maybe no. I got my '03 new at what I thought was a fair price at the time. A few months later the prices were dropping and people were getting rebates. Was I sorry? No, because what I wanted when I wanted it was there at a price I thought was fair at the time. I'll be retiring in the next year to a significantly reduced income level. Am I worried? You bet, both my Mach's have been paid off for a while and there's a good chance I won't been buying any more new Mustangs in my future (or any other new cars either).

Below is the problem with the U.S. economy as explained to me:

Here is some helpful advice on how to best help the US economy by spending your stimulus check wisely:

If you spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China .
If you spend it on gasoline, it will go to the Arabs.
If you purchase a computer, it will go to India .
If you purchase fruit and vegetables, it will go to Mexico , Honduras , and Guatemala (unless you buy organic).
If you buy a car, it will go to Japan .
If you purchase useless crap, it will go to Taiwan .
And none of it will help the American economy.

We need to keep that money here in America . You can keep the money in America by spending it at yard sales, going to a baseball game, or spend it on lap dances at strip bars drinking beer (domestic ONLY) or tattoos, since those are the only businesses still in the US .
:23:

machery
02-08-2009, 09:21 AM
If you have the money/financing and are secure in your employment, buy what you want (and can afford). Will the item you want be there later at a lower price? Maybe yes, maybe no. I got my '03 new at what I thought was a fair price at the time. A few months later the prices were dropping and people were getting rebates. Was I sorry? No, because what I wanted when I wanted it was there at a price I thought was fair at the time. I'll be retiring in the next year to a significantly reduced income level. Am I worried? You bet, both my Mach's have been paid off for a while and there's a good chance I won't been buying any more new Mustangs in my future (or any other new cars either).

Here is some helpful advice on how to best help the US economy by spending your stimulus check wisely:

If you purchase fruit and vegetables, it will go to Mexico , Honduras , and Guatemala (unless you buy organic).

We need to keep that money here in America . You can keep the money in America by spending it at yard sales, going to a baseball game, or spend it on lap dances at strip bars drinking beer (domestic ONLY) or tattoos, since those are the only businesses still in the US .

Sadly....You are correct. Makes sense!

ModularSpeed
02-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Everyone thinks that way.....but it is not necessarily true.

Think of the US as being Dealers....and the wages being so low in other countries....that we make more off product then the suppliers.

Example....I am a dealer for Magnaflow. They are based out of the US. So I only make about 17-22% commission.

If magnaflow was based out of China, I would make MORE selling the product as a middle man, then the ACTUAL manufacturers would.

This is why we use companies overseas....because we get such good deal on things. If this country was run off itself.....prices would be ABSURD, just because of the greed, and the economy. All our companies care about is improving profit margins every single quarter. They even care about that more, then satisfying the customer.

I am glad that the car market is doing what it is. Soon, vehicles will be too cheap to resist....and it will force the major vehicle providers to quit being so **** greedy (new cars). Ever wonder how much cheaper a car would be, if Ford or any other company would take all the pointless money they are paying their top 5 employees, combine it, and take that total off the price of their vehicle line-ups....hell....we would be getting GT500's for $4,500....

The days of these CEO's making millions upon millions every single year is dwindling....thank God. Sad thing is....their families will probably thrive for the next 5 generations......regardless of the economy.

AConklin
02-08-2009, 11:13 AM
[QUOTE=ModularSpeed;1108423]

Example....I am a dealer for Magnaflow. They are based out of the US. So I only make about 17-22% commission.

If magnaflow was based out of China, I would make MORE selling the product as a middle man, then the ACTUAL manufacturers would.

QUOTE]

No doubt about it labor is cheaper in other markets, and those other markets don't have the same regulation, health care, etc... that we do here. That also affects the prices.

Bottom line if your neighbor is not working he can not buy Magnaflow from you. If you do not sell enough Magnaflow - you can not buy ______ from ______. And so on and so on.

Mach1Vortech
02-08-2009, 11:50 AM
I put my 04 co for sale and was supprised by all the cars being sold @ low prices.These are limited production cars not mass produced Jap cars.I would rather keep my car than give it away!

nikbait
02-08-2009, 12:00 PM
This sux. If we had to sell our cars now, we wouldn't get near what they are worth.

R-code17815
02-08-2009, 12:49 PM

Hookers and drug dealers, the only way to keep the cash in America, kinda sad...

MachWonGuy
02-08-2009, 04:59 PM
This sux. If we had to sell our cars now, we wouldn't get near what they are worth.

I'd be lucky to get what my loan value is :( Oh well.....hopefully I don't have to think about selling

USMCWeatherMan
02-08-2009, 05:04 PM
I just bought mine, the prices being low are what prompted me to buy now. I plan to pay it off while I am in Afghanistan later this year.

oxfordmach
02-08-2009, 05:34 PM
buyers market:eyes:

ModularSpeed
02-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Bottom line if your neighbor is not working he can not buy Magnaflow from you. If you do not sell enough Magnaflow - you can not buy ______ from ______. And so on and so on.

He should have gone to college, and not relied on manual labor in a factory.:smack:

Too many **** people in this country anyways....it would be impossible for everyone to work. Survival of the fittest....

Nor Cal Mach
02-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Especialy with the Economy the way it is. If I loose my job my mach is for sale and I own 21k on it still. Looks like im getting bent over with a big bottle of vassalen. FCUK!!!

Linumup
02-08-2009, 10:22 PM
Especialy with the Economy the way it is. If I loose my job my mach is for sale and I own 21k on it still. Looks like im getting bent over with a big bottle of vassalen. FCUK!!!

No offense but at that price your not even getting the vaseline . :anger:

The ones here on the registry with blowes and mods dont net that .

Nor Cal Mach
02-08-2009, 10:29 PM
No offense but at that price your not even getting the vaseline . :anger:

The ones here on the registry with blowes and mods dont net that .

I was 19 at the time and getting it on my own with little credit history got me a shitty rate. Pluse I had a SVT FUKIS and I coundlnt sell that for the life of me. And the guy wanted to do a straight trade. I said hell ya. For my dream car EFF YA!!

Linumup
02-08-2009, 10:33 PM
I was 19 at the time and getting it on my own with little credit history got me a shitty rate. Pluse I had a SVT FUKIS and I coundlnt sell that for the life of me. And the guy wanted to do a straight trade. I said hell ya. For my dream car EFF YA!!

Live and Learn !!!!

Just think , you could have a 500+ RWHP Mach loaded with all the goodies .

Nor Cal Mach
02-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Dont make me any sadder then I already am. After seeing your rediculous numbers. I could have had at least half of that. @%$ *&*$ #)(&#:mean!:

ModularSpeed
02-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Lol

MachGirl04
02-08-2009, 10:58 PM
I'm like Unrealford. I paid about 22K 2 yrs ago and I paid too much. I didn't care at the time. It was too sweet not to buy.:smokin: It really is crazy to see them going for such a low price these days. When I started seeing the prices drop I started making bigger payments so I can continue to say I owe less than what it's worth. It's working so far. Whew!

2k4mach
02-08-2009, 11:00 PM
the economy is bad????????????????? :claus:

TEXASDSGMACH1
02-08-2009, 11:05 PM
I bought my vette for 9k under blue book 2 months ago. I guess if your in the market for a sports car then it is good.

oxfordmach
02-08-2009, 11:57 PM
ECONOMY,AND YOU:butt: :yes:

2k4mach
02-08-2009, 11:58 PM
ive noticed a bit of a drop in what people want to spend but not much.