PDA

View Full Version : is this offensive??

Mach916
02-07-2009, 04:42 AM
in the near future i will be getting my cams installed... soo im worried about my paint getting scratched.. if i bring my car to the shop with (masking tape the blue tape the one that autox people use) on the fenders and little bit of hood.. would that be insulting to the shop???

gfong
02-07-2009, 07:54 AM
in the near future i will be getting my cams installed... soo im worried about my paint getting scratched.. if i bring my car to the shop with (masking tape the blue tape the one that autox people use) on the fenders and little bit of hood.. would that be insulting to the shop???

Go talk to them first before showing up! I am sure they have had requests like this. Ask them how they are going to protect the fenders and such.

03mach1
02-07-2009, 07:59 AM
Get some fender Grippers to protect them. I don't think so, just talk to them.

2k4mach
02-07-2009, 09:25 AM
you must not truley trust your shop then.

im anal as hell when it comes to my cars, but i trust the shop i use so i dont even worry about it.

beerformeplz
02-07-2009, 09:28 AM
you must not truley trust your shop then.

im anal as hell when it comes to my cars, but i trust the shop i use so i dont even worry about it.

+1, time to look elsewhere if your worried about that.

کcяεαмιηĐεмση!
02-07-2009, 09:29 AM
if the shop your going to carry it to doesn't have enough trust from u that u would worry over it then find another shop.

birdman941
02-07-2009, 10:35 AM
I think it is a reasonable request.
It's not like your car is a ricer.

Mach916
02-07-2009, 03:37 PM
what im saying is ill bring it in with the tape already on the fenders... just to give myself a little piece of mind.. i only trust myself and my friends.. i really dont know the shop that well , and who trully does?? i am pretty sure they will cover up the fenders but even then fender-dirt-cover is not that good of idea either.. haha i have had my cams for more then 6-7 months trying to find a shop that is trust worthy and that knows 4 valves..